Double Elite Rust-Proof Nickel Plated Cabinet Hinges, 50-Count
Last updated date: March 15, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Cabinet Hinges and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Cabinet Hinge you should buy.
Update as March 20, 2023:
Checkout The Best Cabinet Hinges for a detailed review of all the top cabinet hinges.
In our analysis, the Double Elite Double Elite Rust-Proof Nickel Plated Cabinet Hinges, 50-Count placed 10th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
【1/2’’ OVERLAY Cabinet Hinges】CHECK SIZE & HINGES TYPE BEFORE PURCHASE! These are 1/2 inch OVERLAY (“L” shape) cabinet door hinges brushed nickel / silver, working for OVERLAY-type cabinets & other furniture doors ONLY. Before purchase, please refer to pictures # 2 & 3 carefully, or consult our customer service specialists.【Premium Satin Brushed Nickel Cabinet Hinges】Double Elite cabinet hinges satin nickel can offer a long cycle life, because premium thickened metal body & durable metal spring modules are used. High-tech plating technique produces hinges with 100% covered coating, so long-lasting & rust-proof. And the satin cabinet hinges match most furniture thanks to its bright nickel silver/metallic luster.【Upgraded Durable Hinges Screws】Double Elite have specially upgraded hinges screws to secure the cabinet hinges firmly. The durable screws are made of high quality stainless steel, strictly tested before shipping. And screws for each pair of hinges are packaged in a separate plastic bag for easy use. Extra screws are provided for backup.【Quiet & Self Closing Hinges】Self-closing means with the hinges, cabinet doors can automatically close & remain closed when the door angle is less than 30 degree, for the self-closing cabinet hinges are with durable & flexible metal springs modules. Quiet-closing feature is given by the extra 50 pcs door bumpers, to buffer noise & protect your furniture.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Cabinet Hinges
Whether you’re getting new cabinets, doing a major reno or just want to give your existing cabinets a refresh, having the right cabinet hinges is a good idea. While they may seem like an afterthought or basic item, cabinet hinges are what help your cabinet doors to function properly. The simple device consists of two pieces of metal which are joined by a small pin. While there are many styles of cabinet hinges, they all work the same way. The hinge acts like a connector between the cabinet and its door, enabling it to do its job.
When deciding which type of cabinet hinges to get, you have to first look at what type of cabinet you have. There are two main cabinet styles: face frame and frameless. A face frame cabinet, as the name suggests, has a frame that is attached to the front face of the cabinet. The cabinet hinges get mounted onto the front face frame instead of the sides of the cabinet. The frameless cabinet style, as you may have guessed, has no face frame. The hinges get mounted onto the inside of the cabinet.
There are three main types of cabinet hinge mountings, and each have their advantages and drawbacks. Concealed hinges get mounted onto the inside of the cabinet door, so they are not visible from the outside of the cabinet when the door is closed. These types of hinges help you correct any imperfections you may have with your mounting skills as they only are visible once the cabinet is open. Semi-concealed hinges have the main mechanism on the inside of the cabinet, but there is a small portion which shows on the outside of the cabinet frame. Exposed hinges, as the name suggests, are fully visible on the outside of the cabinet. They often have a decorative appeal as compared to concealed and semi-concealed hinges.
The Cabinet Hinge Buying Guide
- What kind of cabinet hinge mounting should you use? A major factor in this decision will be the aesthetic in your space. If you like the look of clean lines and have a modern style, go with concealed cabinet hinges as they will have a more contemporary look. However, if you prefer a more classic or traditional vibe, then semi-concealed or exposed cabinet hinges will work better with your style. You can typically find exposed hinges that have a more decorative appeal than their counterparts.
- Do you have a habit of leaving the cabinets open by accident? Self-close cabinet hinges may be the solution you need. They use hydraulic pressure or a spring-loaded mechanism to ensure the door closes by itself. To open the door, you have to apply a specific amount of counter-pressure to it.
- For those that accidentally slam cabinet doors closed, look for soft-close cabinet hinges. They use hydraulics to create a vacuum within the hinge, so that it closes slowly – no matter how hard you try to slam it shut. Keep in mind that these types of hinges can be quite difficult to install correctly, so it’s best to work with a professional on them.
- If you plan on doing repairs to the cabinet doors in the future, such as re-finishing, painting or cleaning them, and want to be able to remove the doors with ease, consider demountable hinges. You don’t need to unscrew the hinge in order to remove the doors in this case. You can simply lift the door up and put it back on the hinge without having to worry about tools.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide