DormCo Over The Bed Shelf Supreme
Last updated date: November 9, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Above The Bed Shelves and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Above The Bed Shelf you should buy.
Update as November 9, 2021:
Checkout The Best Above The Bed Shelf for a detailed review of all the top above the bed shelves.
This above-the-bed shelf is ideal for dorms and kids' rooms. It comes with a swivel cup holder and hook set. The wire frame minimizes dust.
In our analysis, the DormCo DormCo Over The Bed Shelf Supreme placed 5th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Durable black epoxy finish. Designed for lightweight storage; not recommended for larger items such as mini-fridges, microwaves, or printers. Includes a leveler, swivel cup holder, and hook set for keeping your essentials neatly stored and within arm’s reach. Wire frame minimizes dust. (2) Wire Shelves: 14″ x 44″, (1) 3 Sided Wire Guard: 20″ x 44″, (4) Posts: 67″.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Above The Bed Shelves
An above-the bed shelf is a great way to add both functionality and style to your bedroom. With many different types of shelves to choose from, how do you know which one is best for your room? It all depends on the space you have, your décor style and your storage needs.
Fixed bracket shelves use L-shaped brackets to hold up the shelf. They are functional and can hold a lot of weight. However, when you can see the mechanism holding up the shelf, it takes a little bit of style away from the unit. Floating shelves, as the name suggests, look like they are floating on air. They are an attractive option where the brackets are hidden from view. If your bed is in an alcove, you may also want to consider built-in shelving, which is attached to the side of the alcove walls for support. It’s a great way to maximize storage space.
When it comes to shelving material, there are several options. Most affordable is chipboard, which is made from small pieces of wood that are glued together. Keep in mind that it is not ideal for holding heavy weights. MDF is made from wood fibers that are bonded together. It has a smooth finish and can be painted or stained to your liking. Plywood is more expensive than MDF, but holds the natural grain of wood. Real wood shelves are a stunning addition to any home, but they can be costly. Acrylic or thermoplastic shelves bring a contemporary aesthetic and they are lightweight, strong and durable.
The Above The Bed Shelf Buying Guide
- When deciding on what kind of shelves you’ll get for above the bed, figure out what you want to store on them and how much those things will weigh. Be sure to follow the weight limits for above-the-bed shelving so you don’t end up with a bonk on the head in the middle of the night from a shelf falling down.
- Always check to see how easy shelves are to install, and whether they come with the hardware needed to install them.
- Carefully measure where your shelves will go above the bed before drilling any holes. Take into account your own height as you sit or lay in bed, and make sure the shelves aren’t low enough to interfere. The shelves should be at least 8 to 10 inches above your head when you’re sitting up in bed.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide