Dolphin Premier Automatic Anti-Tangle Pool Cleaner
Last updated date: January 21, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Pool Cleaners and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Pool Cleaner you should buy.
Update as January 21, 2022:
Checkout The Best Pool Cleaner for a detailed review of all the top pool cleaners.
One of the easier pool cleaners on the market to use, this model is robotic and does all the hard work for you. It works in pools of up to 50 feet and uses a single button plug. The dual scrub brushes work hard to remove dirt and debris and keep cleaning time to three hours or less.
In our analysis of 81 expert reviews, the Dolphin Premier Automatic Anti-Tangle Pool Cleaner placed 6th when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Drop and go. Easy to use, single button plug and play in-ground robotic pool cleaner ideal for pools up to 50 feet; backed by a 3 year quality assurance. CleverClean delivers a smart and efficient clean using advanced algorithms for complete pool coverage. Anti-tangle patented swivel cable allows your Dolphin to move around your pool with ease.
Powerful, dual scrubbing brushes forcefully attack tough dirt and debris leaving your swimming pool floor, walls and waterline exceptionally clean in 3 hours. Multiple filter options for an optimal clean pool. The Premier comes standard with three filter options: bottom-load fine cartridge filters, ultra-fine cartridge filters, and an oversized fine filter bag.
Cleaning made convenient. Set the Premier’s weekly scheduler to automatically clean for you- every day, every other day, or every 3rd day. The full filter indicator lets you know when it’s time to clean your filter.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Pool Cleaners
Keeping a swimming pool clean is hard work, but it’s well worth it for the hours of fun every summer. With the right automatic pool cleaner, you can cut down on those hours of work, grabbing any dirt and debris and keeping all surfaces clean.
Pool cleaners have so many features, though, it can be easy to feel a little overwhelmed as you start shopping. Your first concern will no doubt be efficiency. After all, a pool cleaner that doesn’t actually clean anything isn’t worth having. One thing that factors into how well your pool cleaner performs is pressure. Just as a pressure washer can power off stains on your home’s exterior, the right amount of pressure can blast away all of that grime on your pool’s surface.
Large debris is another challenge your pool cleaner will face. This generally comes down to suction. The stronger suction your pool cleaner has, the more likely it will be able to collect those more stubborn items, particularly leaves. Some cleaners have parts you can interchange on those days when you notice larger debris in the pool.
In order to maneuver around your pool, though, your cleaner will need to be lightweight enough to scale walls and climb stairs. It will also need to have sensors built in that can determine exactly which areas of your pool need to be cleaned on any given day. The more automatic this process is, the less time you’ll have to spend worrying about keeping your pool clean.
Even with the best pool cleaner, though, you may find it will occasionally get stuck. Pay close attention to these problem areas, and make sure you check in on your pool during the warm months of the year to ensure your cleaner isn’t stuck.
Certain pool cleaners can also tend to damage the pool’s surface, particularly if your pool is made of more sensitive materials. In some cases, you’ll be able to buy special wheels that will ensure your pool remains in great shape without sacrificing any cleanliness.
The Pool Cleaner Buying Guide
- Pressure plays a big role in how efficient your pool cleaner is. Some models are powered by double jets. They not only dislodge the most stubborn debris, but they also do so in three hours or less. The Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus’s double scrubbing brushes also do a good job, but they do sometimes have difficulty cleaning the waterline.
- Even the best pool cleaners can struggle to capture larger debris, like leaves. Look for a cleaner that lets you change out the suction throats to make sure it gets those larger pieces.
- If you have steps, you may want to go with a more lightweight model, like the Polaris Vac-Sweep Pressure Side Pool Cleaner. It’s lightweight enough to handle the sides of your pool and your step.
- Today’s cleaners use GPS to move around a pool. The Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus has built-in sensors that scan your pool and find the best route to take. This makes sure it gets the work done in the most efficient way possible. Other cleaners have a patented steering system that helps them get around the walls, stairs and other curves found in a pool.
- In addition to pressure, suction is an important feature in a pool cleaner, helping you get those more stubborn items that other models won’t. Some pool cleaners have a three-jet suction design that helps them both capture bigger debris and resist clogging.
- Your pool cleaner will work with your pump, which you should already have in place. For best results, you’ll need to make sure your cleaner is compatible with the pump you have. There are some that work just as well with a high-pressure pump as they do with a low-pressure one.
- One thing you may not think about until you’ve had your pool cleaner for a while is cable tangles. The Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus has a swivel to keep the cable from twisting and coiling while it works. When a cable is longer, that’s a valuable feature to have.
- As convenient as pool cleaners can be, they can be a pain if they get stuck often. The Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus does occasionally get stuck, as does the Zodiac BARACUDA Automatic Pool Cleaner.
- When ease of use is a priority, the Zodiac BARACUDA Automatic Pool Cleaner delivers, serving as a welcome alternative to other pool cleaners. It’s easy to set up and has a self-adjusting flow valve. Other cleaners are easy to install and low maintenance, which means you’ll be able to put them in place and let them do their work.
- Energy efficiency is another consideration. Look for a cleaner that makes the most of the water coming through it, reducing wasted energy.
- The wheels on certain cleaners can cause damage to your pool liner. If you have vinyl or fiberglass, you’ll also want to consider tape tires to protect the surface of your pool.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide