DOKEHOM Large Collapsible & Foldable Fabric Laundry Basket
Last updated date: July 10, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Laundry Baskets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Laundry Basket you should buy.
In our analysis of 104 expert reviews, the DOKEHOM DOKEHOM Large Collapsible & Foldable Fabric Laundry Basket placed 8th when we looked at the top 16 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note July 13, 2020:
Checkout The Best Laundry Basket for a detailed review of all the top laundry baskets.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
From The Manufacturer
Collapsible and versatile design makes it portable and convenient to carry · It has a large holding capacity to accommodate all your laundry · Comfortable and durable handles provide a firm yet comfortable grip · A foldable design makes it practical for all places and makes it easy to store · It is made from highly durable material that is lightweight and provides years of use! DKA001LB Discover Organizational Solutions for Your Home ! If you're tired of seeing laundry everywhere in your home then you need a Large Laundry Basket with Handles to keep your laundry neatly in one place. Whether you need to collect your laundry, tidy your clothes and laundries or putting away toys, with our spacious laundry hamper it doesn't have to be a chore anymore. A Simple & Efficient Solution For All Your Storage Needs! Organize your living room, bedroom, nursery any room that has clutter.Our foldable laundry baskets is designed to seamlessly fit in with any decor.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Laundry Baskets
Laundry baskets are the silent heroes of your closet. They wait patiently and collect your clothes, then proudly carry them to the washing machine at the end of the week. Their function is simple, and any laundry basket can get the job done. But the perfect laundry basket will make your weekly trip to the washer and dryer quicker and easier.
Laundry baskets come in a number of designs. There are classic white plastic bins, linen hampers with lids and liners, pop-up hampers for easy storage and full-on laundry rolling carts. Laundry baskets with split hampers will help you separate your colors from your whites for simpler washing and drying.
Your laundry basket won’t wash your clothes for you, but choosing the right one for your needs will make this chore more pleasant. Take a look at our Tips & Advice for more info.
DWYM Fun Fact
There’s nothing like slipping on a freshly cleaned sweater and breathing in the comforting scent of your favorite laundry detergent. Today’s detergents are designed to smell like a cool mountain breeze or a refreshing pine forest, but washing your clothes didn’t always smell like roses. Up until a few hundred years ago, human urine was the preferred detergent of the masses.
During the Roman Empire, people would pee in a public chamber that used large vats to collect their urine. Once the vats were full, they were sent to a laundry facility, watered down and used as laundry soap. Unfortunately, there weren’t washing machines for the Romans to pour their urine detergent into. A few unlucky people would have to start stomping through a knee-deep mix of human urine and dirty clothes, moving across giant tubs and acting as human washing machines. Try to keep that in mind the next time you’re stressing about getting your laundry done!
The Laundry Basket Buying Guide
- Scope out your closet and see how many clothes you own to determine what size hamper you’ll need. If your closet is bursting at the seams, look for a large basket. Some laundry baskets have capacities as large as 11 gallons. If you’re a minimalist, smaller handheld baskets will do just fine.
- If you go with a larger basket, make sure it’s not too heavy for you to lift. You can also choose a laundry basket with wheels for easy transport around your home.
- Hard laundry baskets and soft laundry bags each have their own pros and cons. Hard baskets last longer and can safely carry heavier loads, but they can get heavy and they’re awkward to carry. Soft bags can stretch to fit extra laundry, and you can fold them up and store them in a drawer when they’re not in use. However, they can rip if you overload them or break after heavy use.
- Pop-up mesh hampers are a nice alternative to other laundry baskets if you’re low on space. They can collapse into a flat disc for storage. That feature is also helpful if you have to move and don’t want to haul a giant laundry basket to your next home.
- If you have lots of clothing or a large family, you’ll benefit from baskets with divided sections. They’re useful for separating your delicates from your bath towels, or you can give each family member their own section.
- If you buy a hardside basket with no wheels, make sure it has a removable liner that turns into a laundry bag. This is especially helpful if you need to use a laundromat and can’t haul your whole laundry basket with you.
- Mesh baskets and liners will help your clothes breathe and prevent odors, but they can break if you accidentally snag them on something. Make sure that the mesh is thick enough to last.
- Check for sturdy handles on any mesh bag or removable liner bag, especially if you’re using a high-capacity laundry basket. Your basket won’t be a basket anymore if the handle tears!
- You don’t have to shove your laundry hamper to the back of your closet — there are plenty of baskets that will add some oomph to your bedroom or bathroom. A lidded hamper covered in linen that complements your paint colors will turn your laundry basket into a chic decorative piece.
- Be wary of laundry baskets and basket linings that use Velcro closures. Velcro wears down over time, and it can catch on loosely knit clothing. You may want to replace the Velcro strips or buy a backup laundry bag or basket just in case.
- Make sure the laundry basket you choose is up to the challenge of your next load. Heavy blankets and sweatshirts require a hard plastic basket, while t-shirts and small towels will be fine in a light mesh or cloth laundry bag.
- If you’re the proud parent of a new baby, you’ve probably got tons of laundry to do. A wheeled basket can help you move from room to room and collect all of your family’s laundry in one fell swoop. If you’ve got a little one crawling around, make sure your wheeled laundry basket is safely out of reach. This will keep the basket’s wheels away from tiny, curious fingers, and your child won’t accidentally knock it over during play.