DOKEHOM 17.7″ Large Laundry Basket
Last updated date: October 2, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Pop-Up Laundry Hampers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Pop-Up Laundry Hamper you should buy.
Multiple design options set the DOKEHOM 17.7" Large Laundry Basket apart from others, allowing you to choose from a variety of stylish patterns. It stands on its own even when empty, which helps if you want to set it in a corner as a somewhat permanent option. You can choose between folding or collapsing it when you want to store it. We loved how cute this laundry basket looked during our testing. In our analysis of 49 expert reviews, the DOKEHOM DOKEHOM 17.7" Large Laundry Basket placed 4th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note October 3, 2019:
Checkout The Best Pop-Up Laundry Hamper for a detailed review of all the top pop-up laundry hampers.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
DOKEHOM - Your best home storage assistant: Features - Cotton drawstring closure locking, easy to protect the items inside for dust-proof - Strong frame on the top of edge, very sturdy. - PE coating inside for waterproof, and easy to stand up even if it is empty - Two handle design, it is easy to take away. - Suitable size for most situations use, such as closet, table and office for toys, books, CDs, clothes, underwear storage. Washing tips - Wipe clean only, do not use abrasive cleaner. - Do not use washing machine to clean the bag, it will damage the waterproof coating.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Pop-Up Laundry Hampers
Laundry probably isn’t your favorite chore. But it’s much easier if everything is in one place. Pop-up hampers have long been popular with college students and apartment dwellers who want to set up a collection bin without having to commit to a hard-sided hamper. But its portability makes it ideal for anyone who simply wants a way to carry laundry from one place to another.
Portability isn’t the only benefit of a pop-up hamper, though. With some designs, particularly mesh, you get air circulation that keeps all those odors from being trapped in one confined space. If you toss a wet washcloth or towel into your hamper, air circulation can also help keep things dry.
Some pop-up hampers fold up easily to let you store or transport them in your trunk once all the laundry is out of them. If you opt for this model, make sure you find one that can stand up on its own when items are in it.
“The biggest things to consider when selecting a pop-up hamper are size and sturdiness,” Kate Desmond, a parenting blogger and the mom of two children, says. “Is this hamper big enough to fit a week’s worth of laundry? Will it collapse?”
A hamper that’s constantly collapsing can become more of a nuisance than a convenience.
One thing to consider if you’ll be carrying your hamper to a laundromat or the laundry room in your dorm or apartment is how you’ll handle items like detergent. Some collapsible hampers have handy pockets helpful for storing bottles, your key, your mobile device or whatever other items you need to take along with you. If you choose one with pockets that are large enough, you may even be able to store your delicates separately from your main laundry.
“Make sure your pop-up hamper has handles,” Desmond says. “This type of hamper can be awkward to carry, especially full, and having something to hold onto can really help.”
She notes that you may want to consider finding one with a lid, too.
“This is a nice feature, particularly when the lid fastens with Velcro or a snap,” she says. “Imagine carrying your laundry across campus or even just to the laundry room; a lid is beneficial to holding the laundry securely inside.”
You’ll also need to make sure you choose a hamper with enough capacity to manage the amount of laundry you need. If you only do laundry once a week, for instance, you may want a larger hamper that can keep everything in one place. But those who want a hamper they can use to take a load or two to the laundry room may opt for a hamper with a smaller profile to make it easier to carry.
DYWM Fun Fact
If you wait until items look dirty before tossing them in the washer, you’re probably waiting too long. According to scientists, 70 percent of laundry soil is invisible to the naked eye. Yes, that includes those sheets you only change every couple of weeks and those towels you use for multiple showers. Your own sweat, dead skin and natural body oils dirty up the fabrics you come into contact with far more than actual dirt. When it comes to bedding, sweat and dead skin combine with dust mites, which can aggravate allergies and cause skin irritation. Experts recommend a change of sheets at least once each week.
The Pop-Up Laundry Hamper Buying Guide
- The first thing you’ll notice as you search for pop-up hampers are the varying heights available. One great thing about large bags like the Handy Laundry Pop-Up Laundry Hamper, DOKEHOM Large Laundry Basket and DOKEHOM 17.7″ Large Laundry Basket is that you can not only keep laundry in them, but you can also store and transport items like quilts, coats and even toys.
- Hampers can be ideal breeding ground for unpleasant odors and unwanted moisture, especially if you toss wet items into them. The Handy Laundry Pop-Up Laundry Hamper is built with flexible, stretch mesh that not only makes room for your items but also promotes airflow.
- If you take your laundry to a room in your building complex or to a laundromat, finding a way to transport detergent and other items can be tough. The STORAGE MANIAC Pop-Up Clothes Hamper has side pockets that are large enough to hold a midsized bottle of detergent, fabric softener, keys, mobile devices and whatever else you might want to take along with you.
- When your hamper is empty, it can be handy to either fold or collapse so that you can transport or store it. The Handy Laundry Pop-Up Laundry Hamper and STORAGE MANIAC Pop-Up Clothes Hamper both fold down to shove into a small space when not in use. The DOKEHOM 17.7″ Large Laundry Basket can either fold or collapse for easy storage.
- Unlike many other foldable laundry hampers, the DOKEHOM 17.7″ Large Laundry Basket can stand on its own even when empty. That gives you the option of setting it up as a semipermanent hamper in your home or dorm room.
- Pop-up hampers are typically designed to be carried, so make sure you choose one with good handles. The handles on the DOKEHOM Large Laundry Basket are made from aluminum for strength, while also being padded to protect your hands while you’re carrying it.
- You don’t have to sacrifice durability for portability. The Handy Laundry Pop-Up Laundry Hamper features heavy-duty construction that includes thin metal bands that hold the mesh in place.
- The dyes in the Handy Laundry Pop-Up Laundry Hamper not only provide brilliant color, but also ensure that they won’t fade over time.
- Cost is an important consideration, particularly for buyers on a budget. Although most pop-up hampers are affordable, the Handy Laundry Pop-Up Laundry Hamper is a true bargain.
- The look of your hamper can become a part of your décor, so that will likely be a big factor in your choice. The Handy Laundry Pop-Up Laundry Hamper comes in a variety of whimsical options that will be perfect for children. However, teens and adults can also opt for the plain white, black or red designs that are more mature. The fun patterns available with the DOKEHOM 17.7″ Large Laundry Basket may make it a refreshing change from the typical collapsible hamper. Although the DOKEHOM Large Laundry Basket comes in multiple colors, you’ll either love or hate that the word “Laundry” is printed in large white letters on the side.