Dog Gone Smart Dirty Dog Door Mat
Last updated date: May 19, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Door Mats and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Door Mat you should buy.
Editor's Note May 19, 2020:
Checkout The Best Door Mat for a detailed review of all the top door mats.
There's no need to fret when your door mat starts to look a little dirty, as this model is machine washable. In fact, this door mat has a GSM absorption rate of 3000, which is double that of its competitors. It even uses microfiber strands that dry quickly, which is especially helpful if you live in an area that experiences a lot of rain.
In our analysis of 25 expert reviews, the Dog Gone Smart Dog Gone Smart Dirty Dog Door Mat placed 2nd when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The Dog Gone Smart Dirty Dog Doormat magically soaks up water, mud and dirt with the wicking power of thousands of microfiber strands keeping your floor clean and dry. The mats have a GSM absorption rate of 3000; this advanced wicking power absorption rate is considerably higher than any of the competition that has GSM's from 900 to 1500. The only mats to use the heavy "Gripper Non-Skid" backing on the bottom of the mat, this prevents skidding and movement of the mat which is a major concern for consumers. None of the "knock off" mats have this exclusive non-skid backing. They are constructed with double basting and even stitching for rugged durability and long lasting use. The Dirty Dog Doormat is more than just a doormat and can be used in cars, crates, under litter boxes, food and water bowls. The microfiber doormat will dry five times faster than ordinary doormats and is machine washable for easy cleaning. Whatever you dog or cat can dish out Dirty Dog is there to catch the mess. Dog Gone Smart is a small family owned business located in Norwalk, CT and is the leader in stay clean technologies for pets in 42 countries. We donate a percentage of our profits to animal shelters and animal rescue groups around the USA.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Door Mats
While taking off your shoes the second you enter your home is the best way to prevent tracking dirt across your floors, it isn’t practical. For instance, you may need to make several trips back and forth to the car to grab your groceries. A doormat is the best solution to this problem, as you’ll be able to wipe your shoes clean before you walk through the door.
There are a few things you’ll want to look for when shopping for a new doormat.
First, you may want to consider going with a company that follows eco-friendly practices. The Durable Corporation Recycled Tire-Link Entrance Mat takes rubber tires that would end up in a landfill and transforms them into a weatherproof doormat.
Second, you want to examine the door mat’s pattern to ensure it is capable of removing the dirt from your shoes. For example, the California Home Goods Entry Floor Mats, 2-Pack has ribbed polyester grooves that are made specifically for this purpose.
Third, the mat should be able to absorb moisture, as it is going to be left outdoors. If you have pets, the Dog Gone Smart Dirty Dog Door Mat is a good choice, as pets will have wet paws that need drying. In fact, this mat has microfiber strands with a GSM absorption rate of 3000 and a drying rate that is five times faster than their competitors.
Finally, make sure the doormat isn’t going to slip out from underneath of you every time you go to use it. The Gorilla Grip Durable Door Mat, for example, uses all-natural rubber underneath that provides a nice anti-slip grip.
The Door Mat Buying Guide
- Most doormats can be cleaned using a vacuum hose, broom or a garden hose. There are a few mats that can even be tossed in your washing machine. It is important to always check the product’s cleaning instructions before you wash the mat for the first time. Most manufacturers recommend you do not use bleach or any other harsh cleaners on the mats.
- Always place the floor mat on a flat surface before you begin using it. You don’t want to chance any slip and falls.
- Avoid doormats with a rough backing. These may scratch or damage certain flooring types.
- Consider how durable and sturdy you mat is. You’ll want the mat to last for years to come.
- Construction is the biggest factor when it comes to doormat prices. The California Home Goods Entry Floor Mats, 2-Pack and the Gorilla Grip Durable Door Mat are on the lower end of the price scale. Made specifically for homes with pets, the Dog Gone Smart Dirty Dog Door Mat falls in the middle. The highest-priced doormat is the Durable Corporation Recycled Tire-Link Entrance Mat, which is made entirely out of recycled tires.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide