Dock & Bay Lightweight Beach Towel
Last updated date: March 27, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Beach Towels and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Beach Towel you should buy.
In our analysis of 37 expert reviews, the Dock & Bay Dock & Bay Lightweight Beach Towel placed 14th when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note September 16, 2020:
Checkout The Best Beach Towel for a detailed review of all the top beach towels.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
"Dock & Bay towels combine the best features of a beach towel and a travel towel. Absorbent. Lightweight. Quick Dry. Stylish.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Beach Towels
Whether you enjoy spending time poolside or sunbathing on the beach, a quality beach towel is a must. Before deciding on a color or design, you’ll want to examine the towel’s features to make sure it will meet your specific needs.
Begin by determining which size towel is best. While your height will play a role in this decision, you also want to take into account how much space you desire when laying out. The Dock & Bay Lightweight Beach Towel comes in small, large and extra-large and includes a handy carrying case to make traveling with the towel a breeze.
If you plan on using the beach towel for other activities, such as camping or playing sports, you’ll also want the towel to be lightweight and quick to dry, like the PackTowl Quick Dry Microfiber Towel. This beach towel not only soaks up four times as much water as its weight, but it also uses polygene to control odor.
Comfort is also something to consider, especially if you need to lay the beach towel down on a rough surface. The Superior Plush Velour Beach Towel is made using 100% premium cotton. The longer fibers keep the towel nice and soft on both sides.
Before you make your final decision, check for added features. You’ll find the AmazonBasics Cabana Stripe Beach Towel has professionally hemmed edges for durability. The towel is also stylish and comes in four fun colors. Other beach towels are equipped with hanging loops, which is nice if you want to keep the towel up off the ground.
DWYM Fun Fact
Did you know that Hyams Beach in Jervis Bay, New South Wales – Australia is the Guinness Book of World Records’ holder for the whitest beach sand? Here are a few more little known beach facts:
- You’ll find beaches with black sand in Hawaii. Both Punalu’u Beach and Wainapanapa Beach are covered in black volcanic sand.
- A few of the most visited beaches around the globe include Horseshoe Bay, Bermuda, Boulders Beach, South Africa and Whitehaven Beach, Australia.
- Ocracoke Island, North Carolina, Silver Strand State Beach, California and Point No Point Beach, Washington are among the best beaches for finding beautiful shells.
The Beach Towel Buying Guide
- Keep in mind that thin towels have a tendency to blow away on windy beach days. You’ll want to secure lighter towels with your beach gear.
- Reviewers report that certain beach towels are prone to snagging.
- You’ll need to take care when washing beach towels. It is recommended that you wash the towels alone, especially the first wash, as the towels release lint that can end up on your other clothing items. Some towels bleed and will need to be washed using cold water. Stick with a mild detergent and avoid using bleach and fabric softeners with your towels. Dry the beach towels using the low heat setting or hang them out to dry naturally.
- The cost for a quality beach towel varies slightly by size and features. It’s also important to consider the number of towels you’re getting for the price. For example, the AmazonBasics Cabana Stripe Beach Towel turns out to be the most affordable because you get two towels for the price of one. The Superior Plush Velour Beach Towel is moderately priced, while the Dock & Bay Lightweight Beach Towel and the PackTowl Quick Dry Microfiber Towel command a higher price due to added features, like a handy carrying case.