Discount Parts Direct Customizable Sizing Dryer Vent Cleaner Kit
Last updated date: March 14, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Dryer Vent Cleaner Kits and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Dryer Vent Cleaner Kit you should buy.
Update as March 20, 2023:
Checkout The Best Dryer Vent Cleaner Kit for a detailed review of all the top dryer vent cleaner kits.
In our analysis, the Discount Parts Direct Discount Parts Direct Customizable Sizing Dryer Vent Cleaner Kit placed 6th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The Dryer Duct Cleaning Kit is everything you need to maintain clean dryer ducts, decrease drying times, and extend the life of your dryer. Failure to clean the lint from dryers are the leading causes of dryer fires every year. The 4″ brush can be used on PVC and flex duct, and is the perfect size for vents 3-4″. Our dryer duct cleaning kits include eight (8) rod extenders. This allows you to connect the rods to each other. Extends up to 10 feet. Easy to use and can be used with or without a drill.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Dryer Vent Cleaner Kits
Clothes dryers can be a home safety hazard. In fact, 2,900 clothes dryer fires are reported every year, causing deaths, injuries and property losses. One of the best things you can do to prevent serious loss is to never run your dryer unless you’re awake and nearby to supervise it. Starting a load of laundry before leaving the house or going to bed might mean you aren’t awake to see the signs and take action.
But there’s another measure you can take to reduce your risk of a household fire altogether. The top cause of clothes dryer-related home fires is failure to clean it. Cleaning the lint out of the filter after every single load is an important first step, but it isn’t the only step. Lint can build up in the back of the dryer and the vent pipe.
Luckily, there are things you can do to keep your clothes dryer in fighting shape. You can pay a service to thoroughly clean your dryer periodically, but it’s also something you can do on your own if you want to save money. You’ll need a few supplies to start, including:
- Microfiber cloth
- Water and vinegar mix
- Cleaning brushes
- Vacuum with hose (optional)
- Drill (optional)
Both a vacuum and drill can not only speed up the cleaning process but also make it more efficient and thorough. But those devices need hose attachments that can reach into the nooks and crannies of your dryer and vent.
A dryer vent cleaning kit will give you a hose that can attach to your vacuum cleaner or power drill. These hoses typically can be used on their own, as well, to clean those areas where suction isn’t necessary to remove lint. Many come with a brush to eliminate stubborn lint and dirt, as well as the adapters necessary to work with some of the most common vacuum cleaners or drills. Before you get started, make sure you know the type of hoses you need so that you get the kit that works best for your situation.
The Dryer Vent Cleaner Kit Buying Guide
- There are some signs your clothes dryer needs cleaning. If your clothes are taking longer than usual to dry, it could be because your exhaust opening is clogged. You should also listen for squeaking and take quick action if you smell burning. Also, if the dryer and your clothes seem hot to the touch, it could be a sign your dryer is overheating.
- Vent cleaning kits can also help with cleaning other household items that can be prone to lint buildup. One popular use is the vent in back of the refrigerator, which can easily build up lint. You can also use these vacuum attachments for those areas between cushions on your sofa and car seats.
- Before buying a dryer vent cleaning kit, note the accessories that are included. Some simply include a hose, while others have a brush that can do the extra scrubbing you might need. Some are designed to be used with a power drill instead of a vacuum cleaner and will have the attachment and hardware necessary to make the connection.
- Take a look at how long the hose is. Dryer vent cleaner hoses can vary in length, but some are 30 or 40 feet long, which comes in handy when you’re trying to reach behind a refrigerator or dryer. It might allow you to scoot the appliance out just a little to access the backside, saving effort.
- Compatibility isn’t guaranteed. While many dryer vent cleaning kits promise to work with a variety of vacuum cleaners or drills, you may find that yours isn’t one of them. Take a look at your vacuum or drill to make sure it will work with the kit you’re considering.
- Flexibility is a big benefit of a dryer vent cleaning hose. Having one that can bend to work with the curves will make it easier to get behind your dryer and inside your dryer vent.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide