Diller Pickleball Paddle Set, 4 Player
Last updated date: May 13, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Pickleball Paddles and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Pickleball Paddle you should buy.
Update as May 13, 2021:
Checkout The Best Pickleball Paddles for a detailed review of all the top pickleball paddles.
These lightweight and durable pickleball paddles, made by the company that invented the game, are ideal for beginners. They have a safety wrist strap and perforated cushion grips. You often see these at community centers and schools. The set comes with four paddles and six balls.
In our analysis of 20 expert reviews, the Diller Pickleball Paddle Set, 4 Player placed 5th when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
DURABLE AND CLASSIC - Four 7-ply hardwood Diller paddles and 6 indoor/outdoor green pickleballs. Experience the original feel of the game with paddles that will last for years. From the company that invented the game Pickle-Ball, Inc. GREAT FEATURES - Comes with safety wrist strap and wrapped perforated cushion grips for comfort and performance. GOOD FOR BEGINNERS - Excellent value, lightweight and strong wood, higher bounce and slower flight balls for easy play. POPULAR IN SCHOOLS - Diller paddles have been used for decades by schools, community centers, YMCA's, clubs and families. MADE BY COMPANY THAT INVENTED THE GAME - Pickleball, Inc. - Since 1972.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Pickleball Paddles
Whether you’re a new pickleball player who just started the game or an experienced pro who is looking for some new equipment, there are a few key elements you have to consider when you’re in the market for pickleball paddles. There are several different styles and types of pickleball paddles available, so be sure to choose carefully.
The weight of your pickleball paddle affects performance, feel and comfort. Pickleball paddles usually range between 6 and 14 ounces in weight. While such a small difference may not seem like a big deal, those few ounces can still wear on you if you’re prone to injury. Light paddles offer more ball control and maneuverability and provide less stress on your body, especially your elbow, shoulder and wrist. Heavier paddles give you more power so you can hit the ball harder and farther with less effort. The right weight for you will depend on your fitness and skill level as well as personal preference.
Another factor to consider is the grip size of the paddle’s handle. It should fit in your hand comfortably so you have more control and maneuverability. A smaller grip will provide you with more wrist movement, which results in better control. With a larger grip size, your strokes will have more stability. However, keep in mind that if the pickleball paddle grip is too big, it can lead to elbow strain.
To measure your grip size, use a ruler and take note of the space between the top of your index finger and the middle line on your palm.
The Pickleball Paddle Buying Guide
- Pickleball paddles are typically made from wood, graphite or composite. Wood paddles are the most affordable, but they can also be the heaviest option of the three. Graphite paddles are typically the most costly. However, they are incredibly lightweight and offer strong performance. Composite offers several benefits of both wood and graphite. Composite paddles can range in price and weight. They are often textured, which can help impart a spin on shots.
- Pickleball paddles also have a core, made from composite materials such as aluminum, polymer, or Nomex (a brand name) to offer strength to the paddle and speed and power to your shots. Some give the inside of the paddle a durable honeycomb structure.
- Pickleball paddle sizes and shapes can also vary by manufacturer. There are some oversized and elongated paddles available as well. If you’re looking to play competitively, it’s best to ensure the size of the pickleball paddle meets official pickleball regulations from the start. Otherwise, you may be disqualified from the game — or, you’ll get used to a paddle that you’ll have to change somewhere down the line.
- Paddles come in a variety of colors and patterns. Some players prefer to choose an unusual color or pattern so their paddles are easy to identify, while others like to match their paddles with their outfits.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide