DII 100% Cotton Kitchen Dish Cloths
Last updated date: October 31, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Dish Towels and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Dish Towel you should buy.
In our analysis of 100 expert reviews, the DII DII 100% Cotton Kitchen Dish Cloths placed 9th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note February 13, 2020:
Checkout The Best Dish Towel for a detailed review of all the top dish towels.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Tackle Your Kitchen Works With DII Dish Towels/Dish Cloths DII's Windowpane Dish Cloths and Dish Towels set are customers’ all-time-favor. DII offers these dish cloths and dish towels at an affordable price with high quality. Everyday Kitchen Essentials These Dish cloths and Dish towels sets are 100% cotton; the classic design coordinates with most kitchen décor, these dishtowels are a great basic kitchen essential with multiple colors for your choices to mix and match with your home and kitchen. With each wash, these towels become more absorbent, helping to clean up even the biggest. They’re handy for mopping up in the kitchen or anywhere spills occur. These dish towels air dry quickly for ready to use again in no time. Quality you can rely on DII dishcloths and dishtowels are made with high quality cotton with tight knit allow for less lint on your glass or plates. The perfect dishtowel for your daily kitchen use for holding up to your tough kitchen grease, dirt, food and more. The material and construction provides a long lasting dish towels/dish cloths that you can use over and over again. Washing and Care Instructions • Wash towels before first use. Towels will lose any lint remaining from the weaving process, and will become softer and more absorbent after washing. • Wash: Use Cold water, Color Separated; DO NOT use bleach • Do not use fabric softner (coats the cotton fibers causing towel to become less absorbent) • Dry towels in Tumble cycle to minimize shrinkage. • May be ironed with low heat. So Many Great Options To view our entire selection of options search: DII Dish Towels, DII Dish Cloths or visit our brand page at amazon.com/dii for a full range of products. Our Dish Towels/Dish Cloths Products Include: • Barmop Dish Towels/Dish Cloths • Printed and Embroidered Design Dish Towels • French Stripe Dish Towels • Assorted Dish Towels • Gourmet Dish Towels/Dish Cloths • Damask Dish Towels • Zig Zag Weave Dish Towels/Dish Cloths • Holiday Dish Towels • Jacquard Dish towels • Terry Dish Towels//Dish Cloths
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Dish Towels
Dish towels are a great tool for any kitchen, and in addition to drying dishes, cups and pots and pans, they can also be used for a variety of other tasks. They double as dust rags, hot pads, picnic basket liners and baby burp cloths. You can even place them over a bowl of dough while it proofs or a batch of cookies while they cool. When you’re ready to shop for a set of dish towels, look for the following qualities:
Make sure the dishtowels are made of all-natural cotton. You don’t want any chemical additives or synthetic fibers. Cotton is known for being able to stand up to repeated washings without shrinking in size or pilling. It’s also highly durable, so you won’t have to replace them very often.
Check the absorbency of the dish towels. The Utopia Towels Kitchen Towels, 12 pk is not only absorbent but also dries quickly. This is important because moisture is what causes bacteria to grow and a quick-drying towel will prevent bacterial growth.
Review the size and shape of the dishtowels to make sure they match your needs. You’ll find some are square in shape, while others are rectangular. Smaller dish towels fit better inside drinking glasses and coffee mugs. The Utopia Kitchen Flour Sack Dish Towels, 12 pk has an extra-large design of 28 by 28 inches. This is ideal for covering hot dishes or cleaning up large messes.
Take patterns into consideration if you’re looking to add a decorative touch to your kitchen or if you’re searching for a dish towel set to give as a gift. The Sticky Toffee Cotton Terry Kitchen Dishcloth, 8 pk has a popcorn terry construction with half of the towels in the pack a solid color and the other half white with a colored stripe pattern.
Look for any extras that set the dishtowel apart from other models. For example, Auntie Em’s Kitchen Kitchen Dish Towels, 13 pk features an attached hanging loop that allows you to organize your towels on a set of hooks.
DYWM Fun Fact
Dish towels derived from the tea towels that were first used in England during the 19th century. Ladies took note of the tea towel’s ability to absorb liquid while leaving tea cups free of lint and scratches. It wasn’t long before the towels were used to dry dishes. Below are a few fun facts that you may not know about dish towels:
- Some dish towels are considered works of art. The New-York Historical Society Museum and Library has a dishtowel designed by Oscar Fabrés in the 50s on display in their Luce Center.
- The first time the phrase “throw in the towel” is believed to be uttered was in 1915 at a boxing match.
- Towel Day is celebrated each year on May 25th. It was a way for fans of “The Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy” to remember the creator, Douglas Adams.
The Dish Towel Buying Guide
- While most dish towels can be washed and dried normally, some require drying on low heat. Others recommend washing the dish towels by themselves the first time to keep lint to a minimum.
- Depending on the type of food you’re using in your kitchen, your dish towels may pick up an unpleasant odor or two. To remove the odor, simply toss 1/2 cup of baking soda in the washing machine during the rinse cycle when cleaning the towels.
- In addition to being able to be used as salad spinners, dust cloths and bread bowl liners, dish towels can be utilized in a host of craft projects. You can turn them into an apron, make a dress for a doll, create a scarf, design a tote bag and even make a cute kitchen towel angel.
- There are a few factors that go into the pricing of dish towels. You’ll need to take into consideration the number of towels in each set, the thickness of the towels and any designs that make the towel set stand out. The Utopia Kitchen Flour Sack Dish Towels, 12 pk and the Utopia Towels Kitchen Towels, 12 pk are more basic and on the lower end of the pricing scale, while the Sticky Toffee Cotton Terry Kitchen Dishcloth, 8 pk commands a slightly higher price due to its design and thickness. The Auntie Em’s Kitchen Kitchen Dish Towels, 13 pk has the highest price tag, thanks to the extra towel and added loops that make them a cinch to hang up in the kitchen.