DigiQ DX3 Digital Meat BBQ Temperature Controller
Last updated date: June 30, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top BBQ Temperature Controllers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best BBQ Temperature Controller you should buy.
If you're looking for a high-tech BBQ temperature controller, this model is an excellent choice. It not only controls the temperature of your grill, but also monitors the internal temperature of your meat. The device even beeps once your food has reached the desired temperature. In our analysis of 87 expert reviews, the BBQ Guru DigiQ Digital Meat BBQ Temperature Controller placed 1st when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note June 30, 2020:
Checkout The Best BBQ Temperature Controller for a detailed review of all the top bbq temperature controllers.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
This high-tech digital temperature control device automatically tracks the internal temperature of food and controls your grill’s temperature like an oven. The results are tender, juicy, and delicious barbecue every time. No matter what type of meat you’re cooking, your meals will always be bursting with flavor. The DigiQ DX3’s proprietary technology monitors and controls the temperature inside your grill by feeding the precise amount of oxygen to your charcoal. With minimal effort, temperature fluctuations are reduced and accurate temperature control is achieved. The result is evenly cooked food, helping you serve your friends and family the tastiest, juiciest food every time. Whether you’re a beginner or professional pitmaster, the DigiQ will make your outdoor cooking experience easier than ever. Take the guesswork out of your next barbecue and attach the DigiQ to your grill. Using the up and down buttons, select your ideal cooking and food temperature. The high-tech device will simultaneously monitor your food’s internal temperature while maintaining the perfect ambient cooking temperature. Long cooks are now easy and convenient, so you can enjoy the best and most tender meals ever.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On BBQ Temperature Controllers
With 63% of Americans frying up their grills monthly, chances are you spend a good deal of time barbecuing. The downside to many grills is their fluctuating temperatures, which can leave meat either unevenly cooked or completely dry. Fortunately, you can purchase a BBQ temperature controller to correct this problem.
When shopping for the best BBQ temperature controller, you need to first make sure that the unit is compatible with your specific grill or smoker. For example, the BBQube TempMaster Automatic Temperature Controller works with Big Green Egg, Kamado Joe, Primo, Vision Grill and Akorn Kamado grills. Other controllers come with adapters that allow them to be used with grills that have small, medium and large vents.
Check the BBQ temperature controller’s ease of use. You want to go with a unit that can be installed in minutes, like the LavaLock 35 cfm Variable Speed 4-Probe Automatic BBQ Temperature Controller. This controller is also designed to operate with just one button, so you won’t have to spend a great deal of time trying to figure out how to use it effectively.
Look for a BBQ temperature controller that is able to monitor the internal temperature of your food, as well as control the overall temperature inside the grill. The DigiQ Digital Meat BBQ Temperature Controller not only does this, but it also has a loud beep that will alert you when your meat has reached the perfect level of doneness. That means you’ll enjoy a juicy and tender piece of meat that’s just right.
Consider whether you’d like a BBQ temperature controller that’s more high-tech. The Flame Boss 500-WiFi Smoker BBQ Temperature Controller has an online dashboard with graphs and temperature readings that you can view from your smartphone or tablet. It’s even compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Home.
DWYM Fun Fact
- Out of all of the countries across the globe, Denmark has the most grill enthusiasts. They spend more money on this method of cooking than any other country.
- The word “barbecue” was first discovered in print in America in the diary of Benjamin Lynde of Salem, Massachusetts, in 1733.
- Hickory wins out when it comes to the most popular sauce used to marinate and flavor grilled meats.
- President George Washington once held a barbecue that lasted a total of three days.
- McDonald’s actually got its start as a barbecue restaurant.
- Kansas City Barbecue Society judges are prohibited from licking their fingers after tasting and critiquing contestants’ delicious (or not so delicious) dishes.
- The largest barbecue had a total of 45,252 attendees. It took place on Aug. 18, 2013, in Nuevo Leon, Mexico.
The BBQ Temperature Controller Buying Guide
- Not all BBQ temperature controllers come with the necessary adapter to be able to use the device with your grill. You may need to purchase an adaptor kit separately.
- If the BBQ temperature controller doesn’t come with its own storage box, you’ll want to consider purchasing one separately. You want to protect the housing and the probes from dust, dirt and outdoor elements.
- Check to see whether the BBQ temperature controller has been waterproofed. If not, you won’t be able to use it when the weather turns south.
- Some BBQ temperature controllers have long cables that can become tangled. You can use binder clips or even hair clips to keep the cables organized.
- Since most BBQ temperature controllers have meat probes, they will need to be cleaned properly after each use. Fortunately, this is easily accomplished with a rag that has been soaked in soapy dishwater. After the probes have been cleaned of any food, they need to be dried with a lint-free cloth. Never place the controller’s housing in the water, as it will damage the unit and render it unusable.
- BBQ temperature controllers are available in a wide range of prices. These prices are dependent upon design, accessories and whether or not the device has Wi-Fi capabilities. You’ll find the BBQube TempMaster Automatic Temperature Controller is one of the most affordable models on the market. You’ll pay a moderate price for the DigiQ Digital Meat BBQ Temperature Controller and the LavaLock 35 cfm Variable Speed 4-Probe Automatic BBQ Temperature Controller. The Flame Boss 500-WiFi Smoker BBQ Temperature Controller, however, comes in with a higher price tag, as it is compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Home.