Dickies Women’s Long-Sleeve Plaid Flannel Shirt
Last updated date: August 28, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Women's Flannel Shirt and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Women's Flannel Shirts you should buy.
With double-brushed cotton fabric, this shirt is extremely comfortable and soft. It is a great grab-and-go option on a chilly fall day. In our analysis of 10 expert reviews, the Dickies Dickies Women's Long-Sleeve Plaid Flannel Shirt placed 3rd when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note August 28, 2020:
Checkout The Best Women’s Flannel Shirts for a detailed review of all the top women's flannel shirt.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
The shaped hem and crafted for women fit makes this long sleeve flannel an everyday classic! It’s also the perfect way to add color to your wardrobe. Our 100% cotton flannel is double brushed for extra comfort and to keep you warm no matter what your day brings. We’ve designed our left chest pocket to match the body fabric. This gives you the convenience of a pocket while subtly blending into the pattern.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Women's Flannel Shirt
When you are looking for something warm and comfortable to wear, what do you grab? Next time you are looking for that cozy feeling, grab your nearest flannel. When the weather turns cold, donning a flannel shirt is a surefire way warm up, feel stylish and even brighten your mood.
A flannel shirt is perfect for chilly days and nights, and it’s a great way to get an instant fall look. Flannel shirts are versatile: They are great for quickly throwing on and going about your day, pair well with jeans or leggings, and layer nicely under a jacket or cardigan.
Flannel was traditionally made from wool, though now, you’ll find flannel shirts in cotton, wool and synthetic blends.
Long-sleeve flannel shirts vary in thickness and warmth. For a flannel that is on the heavier side, consider the Legendary Whitetails Women’s Cottage Escape Long Sleeve Button Up Flannel Shirt. It’s a true classic with its design and chambray lined collar and cuffs.
If comfort is top of mind, we suggest Dickies Women’s Long-Sleeve Plaid Flannel Shirt. It is made out of double-brushed cotton fabric, which makes it extra soft and comfortable. This shirt comes in a lot of different styles and colors, so you have flexibility in what you want to try.
DWYM Fun Fact
Flannel has been around for over four centuries. It was likely originally invented by a Scottish farmer in the 1600s for protection from the cold winter weather, though some historians place its origin in Wales. The first use of the word “flannel” can not be pinpointed to a certain date, but it is said to have appeared in Wales in the 17th century.
Many might mix up the word flannel and plaid. Flannel is a fabric, plaid is a pattern. When flannel was first invented, the plaid pattern was created to give the fabric a more appealing look and feel.
The Women's Flannel Shirts Buying Guide
- Pay attention to what the flannel is made out of. During the fall you will want something that is not only warm but breathable. Cotton is a great material for this.
- Think about how you want to wear your flannel. If you are looking to wear it under something, think about a tighter fit so it’s not too bulky to layer.
- Flannels come in many different styles and cuts. Try a few out to find the best style and cut for you.
- Look for pre-dyed material. Pre-dyed material will help the color of your flannel shirt last.
- Find flannels that are of good quality. Flannels are meant to last for many winters, and they get better with age, softening into an even cozier fabric.
- Know that with all shirts, your flannel might shrink a bit in the wash. Take this into consideration when looking for your size. Sometimes sizing up if not a bad idea if shrinkage is something you are concerned about.