DIA-GRIP Universal Socket Tool Set, 3-Piece
Last updated date: June 17, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Universal Sockets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Universal Socket you should buy.
In our analysis of 12 expert reviews, the DIA-GRIP DIA-GRIP Universal Socket Tool Set, 3-Piece placed 8th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note July 6, 2020:
Checkout The Best Universal Socket for a detailed review of all the top universal sockets.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
This universal socket is crafted with chromoly steel and has 54 chromoly steel pins that feature supreme strength and provide you with a reliable and durable tool for efficient applications and convenient use. This is an easy to use, universal wrench designed to deliver accurate appliance, extended bolts compatibility and increased leverage performance for maximum convenience at any type of repair. The DIA-GRIP Socket adapter grip wrench is appropriate for indoor or outdoor tasks and any car, motorcycle or bike repair that allows you to screw or unscrew various shapes of bolts or nuts effortlessly. Regardless of using eyebolt, wingnut, square-nut, hooks, even rusted or damaged bolt heads nothing can resist our tool! This lightweight socket drill adapter grip has a compact design, it is always ready for any type of use, easy to store and portable to assist you in case of any emergency situation.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Universal Sockets
A universal socket tool is made using a set of pins that depress to fit the form of any fastener that it is placed over. The tool then grips the fastener so that it can be removed. The benefit of this type of tool is that you won’t need to purchase a bunch of separate tools when working with different types of fasteners. Most universal sockets are able to grip everything from square nuts to hex nuts to eyehooks. They also remove nuts and bolts that have been stripped or worn down.
As you begin your search for the best universal socket, examine the construction of each model. You want to make sure it’s durable. The Tacklife Multifunctional Universal Socket, 3-Piece is made from a chrome vanadium steel with a hardness that can reach 56HRC. It also features a heat-treatment finish that adds an extra layer of protection against rust.
Check to see what size nuts and bolts the universal socket is able to handle. For example, the RAK Multi-Function Universal Socket Grip has 54 individual hardened steel spring pins that automatically adjust to fit 1/4- to 3/4-inch and 7- to 19-millimeter nuts and bolt heads.
Look to see if the universal socket comes with any adapters. You want to go with a model that has adapters that fit your electric drill, ratchet wrenches and electric screwdrivers. The KUSONKEY Professional Universal Socket Tool Set is one such model that offers this. Being able to attach the socket to your drill will significantly speed up the time it takes to remove fasteners.
Consider a universal socket tool that comes with extra features. For example, if you’re looking for a model that is more attractive, so you can give it as a birthday or Father’s Day gift, you’ll want to go with the Moongo Tool Standard Universal Socket. It comes in a choice of red, blue, black and silver and is neatly stored in an appealing package.
DWYM Fun Fact
The idea to use spring-loaded pins to grip fasteners has been in existence since 1969, although there were no patents filed for a universal socket, which utilizes these pins, until many years later. For example, Charles D. Zayat, Jr. received a patent for his universal socket tool in 1995. Joel Steven Marks called his universal socket a self-forming socket and was approved for a patent in 1998. Today, there is a wide range of universal sockets on the market, all of which speed up the process of installing and removing a variety of fasteners.
The Universal Socket Buying Guide
- Universal sockets are not only essential tools for individuals who work in construction or the automotive industry, but also for individuals who prefer to complete their own household maintenance projects. They are easy to use and eliminate the need to buy five different tools to match the specific type of fastener you’re trying to remove.
- Always store your universal socket in a cool, dry location that doesn’t receive a great deal of humidity. If you have no other choice then to store them in a hot garage, consider installing a dehumidifier.
- To protect your universal socket from dirt, dust and debris, it’s a good idea to place it in a storage case or the drawer of your tool chest. Since the socket and any adapters are compact, they won’t take up much room.
- Make it a habit to clean your universal socket once a month. You can purchase a container of stainless-steel wipes to make the cleaning process a cinch. It’s also possible to use a little WD-40 and a lint-free cloth if you already have those items on hand.
- When it comes to the price of a universal socket, you’ll find the price range between models is no more than $10. While the sockets are all quite affordable, you’ll pay the least for the Tacklife Multifunctional Universal Socket, 3-Piece. For just a few dollars more, you could go with the Moongo Tool Standard Universal Socket or the KUSONKEY Professional Universal Socket Tool Set. At the top of the list is the RAK Multi-Function Universal Socket Grip.