DI ORO Chef Series Premium Standard Turner Silicone Spatula
Last updated date: October 8, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Spatulas and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Spatula you should buy.
The FDA-approved DI ORO Chef Series Premium Standard Turner Silicone Spatula is also made from LFGB-Certified Silicone. If you're looking for a professional-grade spatula, this model is able to withstand temperatures of up to 600 degrees Fahrenheit. Both the spatula's blade and core consist of stainless steel, so they won't bend or break when in use. The company is so confident in the quality of their product, they offer a forever warranty for all purchasers. In our testing, we liked the indentation for your thumb on the handle. In our analysis of 38 expert reviews, the DI ORO DI ORO Chef Series Premium Turner Silicone Spatula placed 9th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note September 10, 2020:
Checkout The Best Spatula for a detailed review of all the top spatulas.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Consider the humble Spatula. Whether finessing a savory salmon filet, flipping the perfect pancake, folding an omelet, or making a serving of delicious scrambled eggs, the spatula is a tool common to all kitchens. This simple yet versatile tool has become a useful and necessary kitchen product that performs a wide variety of tasks that allow cooks of all skill levels to create and cook the foods they love. At DI ORO, we hold fast to the concept that quality, high performance, and style is infused into all of our kitchen products. With so many cheap and under-performing spatulas on the market, our wildly popular Chef Series Standard Turner Spatula is a high-performing and versatile spatula that is built to last and outperform the competition. The easy-to-use design makes it a breeze to perform a wide array of activities in your kitchen. christmas wedding house housewarming warming gifts for her women mother mom fathers daughter friend Proven Five-Star Quality At DI ORO we're proud of the great reputation we've built for all of our products. Our products have earned more than 7,800 5-star reviews because, above all, we strive to provide the best experiences and kitchen products for you. Love Cooking. Love Life wedding christmas gifts for her women mother father christmas wedding gifts dishwasher bpa free silicon best Premium Quality Only the Best - Our BPA Free, FDA Approved, and LFGB Certified Non-Stick Silicone allows for safe and healthy cooking while protecting your non-stick and coated cookware. High-Heat = No Problem - All of our Chef Series Turner Spatula's blades are heat-resistant up to 600 F. Effortlessly cook the foods you want without the hassle of melting your favorite spatula. Versatility & High-Perfomance Durability and Strength - Built-to-last, the DI ORO Chef Series Standard Spatula is anchored by our powerful S-Core Internal Stainless-Steel Support Technology. A Variety of Applications - Whether folding, sautéing, or flipping, the Chef Series Standard Turner Spatula can meet all your kitchen needs. Measurements - The Chef Series Standard Turner Spatula is 11.8". The spatula blade is 4.5" x 3". Easy Cleaning and Healthy Cooking Hassle Free Kitchen Clean-Up - All of our Chef Series Spatulas are incredibly easy to clean by hand and dishwasher safe. Save precious time and effort with easy kitchen clean-up. Sanitary Design - The innovative design and food safe pro-grade silicone means no seams or cracks to trap food and harmful bacteria. Treat yourself and your family to safe and healthy cooking. seamless spachulas best sellers silicon kitchen utensils best spatulas Gift Giving Made Easy Looking for gift ideas? Our selection of premium products make perfect gifts for Christmas, weddings, housewarming parties, Mother’s and Father’s Day, Valentine's Day, and other special occasions. Give a gift that will last a lifetime. Award-Winning Quality & Design For Your Kitchen di oreo The DI ORO Way Without you there is no us, so at DI ORO it is our #1 priority to provide you with the best experiences and kitchen products on the market. Whether you are a beginner or an expert in the kitchen, we design kitchen products that are built to last and built to outperform the competition. Love Cooking, Love Life, that is the DI ORO way.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Spatulas
No kitchen is complete without a few spatulas that make cooking and baking at home a breeze. The two most basic types of spatulas include sets that are designed to scrape batter and mashed potatoes from the sides of a bowl and individual models that are made to flip pancakes and hamburgers.
When you’re ready to shop for a spatula, consider the following helpful information:
It is important to start off examining the materials used to make the spatula. Silicone is ideal, as it is capable of withstanding high temperatures. Generally, you’ll find they are able to handle heat between 450 and 600 degrees Fahrenheit. Under those temperatures, the spatulas are safe from melting, becoming discolored and even shrinking.
Some models, like the Upgood Silicone Spatula Set, also use an internal stainless steel core to provide added durability. The steel also keeps the handle and core from bending while you’re busy mixing ingredients.
Take a look at the spatula’s handle to make sure you’ll get a comfortable non-slip grip. The GLOUE Silicone Spatula Set features a 3D handle made using an ergonomic design that does just that.
Check for any recommendations or certifications that let you know you’re buying a quality product. For example, the DI ORO Chef Series Premium Turner Silicone Spatula is made using a LFGB Certified Silicone. It’s also BPA-free and approved by the FDA.
Finally, consider any extras. Does the spatula set come in different colors, or does it contain spatulas that are different sizes for completing both big and small tasks? The StarPack Home StarPack Basics Silicone Spatula Set goes one step further by offering purchasers a free bonus cooking PDF entitled “101 Cooking Tips.”
DWYM Fun Fact
- It isn’t known who exactly was the first person to invent this handy kitchen tool, but it is believed to date back to at least 1525.
- The spatula has been called by many names, such as a turner, flipper and a fish slice. Because spatulas removed all the batter from a bowl, they were referred to as “child cheaters.” Little ones were left without any batter to lick.
- Weird Al Yankovic once created a fake ad for a store called Spatula City in his movie titled “UHF.”
The Spatula Buying Guide
- Thanks to silicone’s ability to withstand heat, spatulas are safe to place in a dishwasher. Of course, they are also a cinch to wash by hand with a little dish soap and warm water.
- Always look for a warranty before making your purchase. That way, if the spatula doesn’t live up to your expectations or doesn’t meet the company’s claims, you can get your money back. Some warranties are only good for a short period of time, while others last forever.
- Check the top of your spatula for a hole. This hole allows you to hang your spatula in your kitchen from a hook. If the spatula doesn’t have one, you can store it upright in a jar with a few other utensils, or place it in a utensil drawer.
- Spatulas have plenty of other uses besides scraping brownie batter. You can use them as a fly swatter, back scratcher, dry wall scraper, snow scraper, clay cutter, plant supporter and even to give your snowman arms in the winter.
- There are several things you need to take into consideration when comparing spatula prices. Start by examining how many spatulas come in the set. Divide that number by the price to know how much you’re paying per spatula. You’ll find the StarPack Home StarPack Basics Silicone Spatula Set and the Upgood Silicone Spatula Set are slightly more expensive than the GLOUE Silicone Spatula Set, even though each set has four spatulas. Next, you’ll want to examine the quality of the spatulas. The DI ORO Chef Series Premium Turner Silicone Spatula has a higher price tag because it is professional grade.