DHP Maven Upholstered Platform Bed Frame
Last updated date: July 14, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Platform Bed Frames and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Platform Bed Frame you should buy.
Editor's Note July 14, 2020:
Checkout The Best Platform Bed Frame for a detailed review of all the top platform bed frames.
This platform bed's clean lines, sleek detailing and low-profile height give it a modern, stylish look. Metal side rails guarantee stability and durability with a center metal rail and leg for added support. The slat bases allow air to pass freely beneath your bed, keeping your mattress fresher longer The slats adapt to weight exerted on them, providing you with the right amount of support.
In our analysis of 25 expert reviews, the DHP DHP Maven Upholstered Platform Bed Frame placed 3rd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Dorel Home Products is committed to providing unique and functional furniture pieces at affordable prices. The Maven Upholstered Platform Bed from DHP is the perfect addition to your bedroom and makes a great sleeping solution in your guest room with its simple and serene feel. With the Maven's clean lines, sleek detailing, and low profile height, it emits a modern, stylish look. Metal side rails guarantee stability and durability with a center metal rail and leg for added support. The slat bases allow air to pass freely beneath your bed, keeping your mattress fresher longer. The slats adapt to weight exerted on them, providing you with the right amount of support, so a box spring is not required. Metal side rails guarantee stability and durability with a center metal rail and leg for added support. Set up this platform bed in minutes—everything you need is inside the box. Once assembled, this bed measures 60" W x 80" D x 11" H.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Platform Bed Frames
A platform bed frame is slightly different than your traditional bed frame, as it’s designed to be used without a box spring. When you opt for this type of frame, you’ll place the mattress directly on the frame’s solid or slated surface. There are a few things you’ll want to consider before you purchase a platform bed frame.
Determine whether you need the platform bed frame to be a permanent fixture to one of the bedrooms in your home, or whether you’d like to have it available for use when guests visit. For example, the AmazonBasics Foldable Metal Platform Bed Frame doesn’t require any assembly and folds up and out of the way when not in use. It would take just a few minutes to get this frame out of storage and ready for a guest, whereas other models that require assembly would be better suited to permanent placement.
Check the platform bed frame’s size and weight limit to ensure it can accommodate the individual who will be using it. Some models only come in a twin or full size, while others also include the option to buy a Queen, King and California King. There are also frames that can only handle 250 pounds, as well as frames that have a 500-pound weight capacity.
Decide whether you’d like the frame to come with or without a headboard. The Olee Sleep Queen Steel Slat Platform Bed Frame is a basic model with reinforced legs that encloses a mattress to keep it from slipping out; however, it has no headboard. The Zinus Olivia Metal & Wood Platform Bed Frame, on the other hand, comes with an attractive wooden headboard. It uses foam-padded tape to prevent any squeaks and non-slip tape on the wooden slats to keep your mattress firmly in place.
Look for a platform bed frame that matches your style. The Classic Brands Coventry Upholstered Platform Bed Frame has an upholstered headboard with a tufted design. It comes in an elegant gray for a neutral linen. Other models have headboards that are adjustable, so you can set them at just the right height. You’ll also find frames with footboards and side rails.
The Platform Bed Frame Buying Guide
- If you end up with a platform bed frame that squeaks, you need to find the source of the squeak. To do this, you’ll need to sit on the bed frame in various spots and do a little bounce. Once you find the general location of the squeak, take a few minutes to tighten all the screws and bolts in that area. If that doesn’t work, squirt a little WD40 on the springs and interlocking connectors.
- When it comes to routine cleaning, bed frames are typically neglected. It’s a good idea, however, to include disinfecting the bed frames in your home among your extra spring cleaning chores. You can purchase a non-toxic disinfectant spray or make one on your own out of water, Borax, vinegar and a few drops of tea tree oil. No matter which direction you go, you’ll want to spray a small area of the frame first to make sure it doesn’t affect the finish. Then use a lint-free cloth and the spray to wipe down the frame from top to bottom.
- Should the platform bed frame you choose not come with an included headboard, you can buy one separately. Surprisingly, headboards are easier to attach to a platform bed frame than a traditional frame. All you need is the mounting equipment, a few tools and less than an hour of your time.
- The price for a platform bed frame varies based on construction, size and whether or not the frame includes a headboard. You’ll find the AmazonBasics Foldable Metal Platform Bed Frame to be the most affordable, while the Olee Sleep Queen Steel Slat Platform Bed Frame and the Zinus Olivia Metal & Wood Platform Bed Frame come in at a moderate price. You’ll pay the most for the Classic Brands Coventry Upholstered Platform Bed Frame, which not only includes a headboard but is also upholstered as well.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide