DHP Ivana Tufted Futon Couch
Last updated date: September 25, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Couches and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Couch you should buy.
When decorating your living space with a vintage theme, this couch is the perfect choice. It's made using a soft velvet upholstery and has an attractive button tufted design on the back cushions. Consumers will also find matching accent chairs and ottomans in this collection. In our analysis of 27 expert reviews, the DHP DHP Ivana Tufted Futon Couch placed 6th when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note September 25, 2020:
Checkout The Best Couches for a detailed review of all the top couches.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
The DHP Ivana Tufted Futon is nothing but sophistication. It has a vintage design with soft velvet upholstery and button-tufted details. The tapered wooden legs add class to this futon, bringing back the 1950s’ luxury. Built in a robust wooden frame, it has a split back design that allows you to change to multiple positions: sitting, lounging and sleeping. The Ivana is compact, making it perfect when looking for a multifunctional piece for small living spaces.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Couches
According to The Sun, a health study revealed that the average person spends at least 18 years of their life sitting down. That means if you’re in the market for a new couch, you’ll want to take care when picking one out. You’ll likely be spending a great deal of time on the sofa and you want it to withstand many years of daily use.
Review the couch’s construction first. You want a model with a solid hardwood frame for stability and a durable woven fabric that won’t come apart. It’s also important that the feet have padding underneath. Otherwise, the feet may scratch the surface of your flooring.
Consider a couch that doubles as a bed. This is especially helpful if you enjoy having friends or family spend the night. There are models that convert into futons. Many of them can even be used in smaller apartments and condos, should space be an issue where you live.
Determine which couch style best fits your personality. There are couches with a vintage look that have vertical stitching and a button tufted design, as well as sofas with a contemporary flair that offer supportive foam cushions and clean lines.
Look for extra padding, as you want the couch to be a relaxing place to watch television or read a good book. A high-density foam is always nice. In addition to the cushions, you want to make sure the arm rests are padded.
DWYM Fun Fact
There are several interesting Guinness World Records that are associated with the couch. Here are a few:
- The Longest Sofa record went to Mnogo Mebeli from Saratov, Russia in July of 2014. The couch measured an impressive 3,302 feet and 6 inches.
- The Fastest Sofa record was given to Glenn Suter in New South Wales, Australia in September of 2011. Suter created a motorized sofa that reached speeds of over 101 miles per hour.
- The Largest Inflatable Furniture record was awarded to Jacobs Krönung in Bremen, Germany in April of 2009. He created an inflatable sofa that measured 67 feet 3 inches long by 26 feet 9 inches wide by 26 feet 5 inches high.
The Couch Buying Guide
- Always consider how much assembly is involved when choosing a couch. Some models come fully assemble, while others can be put together in 20 minutes without the need for any special tools. Then there are also models that can be quite complicated to put together and would require the help of a friend or family member.
- Keeping your couch clean is important if you want it to continue to look like new. All of the sofas can be vacuumed using the upholstery attachment. Some have cushion covers that can be removed and tossed in the washing machine. Those that don’t have removable covers can be wiped down with a damp cloth that has a bit of a gentle detergent on it.
- Add style to your living space by tossing a few decorative accent pillows on the couch. You can go with a few pillows that feature a solid contrasting color or a set of pillows with a fun design.
- No matter what your budget, you’re sure to find a sofa in a price range that you can afford. You’ll find the Serta Rane Convertible Sofa Couch and the Novogratz Brittany Futon Couch are the most affordable options. The Zinus Ricardo Sofa Couch has a more moderate price tag, while the Stone & Beam Lauren Down Filled Oversized Sofa Couch is best for someone with a large budget.