DEWALT DWST08202 Tough System Tool Storage Organizer
Last updated date: November 10, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Tool Organizers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Tool Organizer you should buy.
Editor's Note November 25, 2020:
Checkout The Best Tool Organizer for a detailed review of all the top tool organizers.
In our analysis, the DEWALT DEWALT DWST08202 Tough System Tool Storage Organizer placed 4th when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
This Organizer is part of the ToughSystem line and is made of durable 4 mm thick structural foam walls, giving it its robust structure. It contains 12 removable cups in two sizes for easy sorting and handling small parts. There is an integrated water seal for protection (IP65 rated) for dust and water resistance.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Tool Organizers
Whether you’re handy around the house or new to using tools, it’s important to properly organize your tools and hardware. Otherwise, you won’t be able to find the hammer when you need it, and you’ll spend hours searching for those screws. A proper tool organizer not only helps you keep your tools neatly, it saves you both time and money. Instead of wasting time searching for the screwdriver, you’ll know exactly where it is. Plus, you won’t have to spend money on buying new tools because you lost your old ones.
There are many different tool organizers available based on your needs. First, consider whether you need something stationary or portable. For example, do you want to keep your tools in one place, such as in the garage or shed, or do you want to be able to take them with you, such as to work? A tool cabinet or wall organizer is best if you prefer a stationary spot to keep your tools. You can find wall peg boards or magnetic strips that help you save counter space and hang your tools up. If you’re looking for a portable tool organizer, opt for a toolbox, toolbelt or bucket organizer. These enable you to bring the necessary tools with you where you need them.
The Tool Organizer Buying Guide
- When selecting a tool organizer, first lay out your tools and hardware that you want to store to see what kind of compartments you need. Group like items together by size or usability. This will help you determine how many compartments your tool organizer should have and what size they should be. For example, you can keep all small hardware together or sort them into the size of screws. You could keep all vertical tools together, such as hammers, wrenches and pliers, or you could separate all hammers, all wrenches and all pliers. It will depend on how many tools you have.
- Are there any tools you rarely use? If so, set them aside in a stationary place, like a cabinet in your garage. Since you don’t use these tools often, they do not need a priority spot in your tool organizer. It’s important to consider frequency of use when putting together your tool organizer so you have more room for things you most commonly need and use.
- If others use your tool organizer, consider adding small labels to each compartment. This way, it will be clear to everyone what goes where, so you don’t end up with a messy tool organizer.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide