DesignedDazzle Silicone Backs Plastic Post Earrings, 18-Pairs
Last updated date: May 27, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Plastic Post Earrings For Sensitive Ears and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Plastic Post Earring For Sensitive Ears you should buy.
Update as May 27, 2022:
Checkout The Best Plastic Post Earrings For Sensitive Ears for a detailed review of all the top plastic post earrings for sensitive ears.
You’ll get a plastic box packed with earrings, each with nylon studs. Each stud features a 1/8-inch diameter crystal and silicone earring backs. You can shorten the nylon posts with scissors, then filed with a nail file to smooth the end.
In our analysis, the DesignedDazzle DesignedDazzle Silicone Backs Plastic Post Earrings, 18-Pairs placed 2nd when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Perfect nylon studs earrings for babies kids toddlers teens girls boys women men with sensitive ears. Crystals are small 1/8 inch in diameter. Includes silicone earring backs. Packed in a plastic box set. No Metal Means No Rashes. Metal Free So Allergy Free. Anti Inflammatory. A beautiful assortment of clear multicolor plastic studs earrings. 20g Stem if using for body jewelry piercings. Hypoallergenic clear nylon posts for sensitive ears easily shortened by cutting then nail filing sharp end.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Plastic Post Earrings For Sensitive Ears
Metal allergies aren’t all that rare, with studies showing that about 17 percent of women and 3 percent of men are allergic to nickel. Another 1 to 2 percent are allergic to either cobalt or chromium, with some allergic to both.
The problem is nickel and chromium are in a substantial portion of the jewelry that’s marketed to women and children. With 17 percent of women allergic to nickel, that has opened a big market for jewelers, who offer hypoallergenic options to consumers. Some parents seek out these options for children. Infants and toddlers can be especially sensitive, and parents may prefer an alternative to the metals traditionally found in earrings.
Plastic posts can be a great way to wear the jewelry you want without worrying about the skin becoming irritated or your body being exposed to certain metals. The best thing about plastic posts is that usually, nobody else will even know they aren’t metal. They’ll have earring backs, as metal earrings do, and you can find them in a variety of decorations.
Parents have plenty of options when it comes to plastic post earrings for their children. Some feature small jewels, while others have kid-friendly embellishments to let children express their unique likes. If your child doesn’t yet have pierced ears, speak to the professional who will be doing the piercing to find out how you can use a safe post option for your child’s first pair of earrings.
For some, though, medical-grade earrings are the best option. These earrings are designed specifically for those suffering from metal allergies. You can purchase those online or get a recommendation from your dermatologist or allergy specialist for earrings that address your specific allergy.
The Plastic Post Earring For Sensitive Ears Buying Guide
- If you wear body jewelry, you can find earrings with plastic posts for each need. Make sure you buy one with the right-sized post for your use.
- Crafters might want to create their own look. You can buy your own parts to build the earrings you want. There are plastic hooks, as well as plastic posts and backs that you can attach to the decorative part of the earring.
- Not all plastic is hypoallergenic. Look for that in the description if you’re concerned. The first time you wear your new plastic posts, keep an eye on the area around the earring to make sure you aren’t having a reaction. Remove them as soon as possible if you start to suffer irritation.
- Plastic can tend to be less durable than metal. Make sure you go for a pair of earrings with posts made from top-quality plastic.
- If you’re buying earrings as gifts, you can find some that are packaged for gifting. Some children’s options have fun, whimsical packaging that will take the gift to the next level.
- Pay attention to the backs of the earrings you buy. Some are higher quality than others. You’ll likely also want the backs to be plastic.
- Most plastic earrings are made to be costume jewelry. If you have sensitivities but want genuine diamonds, you might want to look into earrings with medical-grade posts.
- With some plastic post earrings, the post can be trimmed to fit younger ears. If you have an infant or toddler you’re fitting, pay attention to whether you can customize them in this way.
- You can find earrings sold in sets that will give you different pairs to wear for different occasions. These can be especially fun for children.
- Some consumers are concerned about BPA, which can be found in some plastics. If this is a worry for you, look for earrings with posts that are BPA free.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide