Depend Silhouette Incontinence Underwear for Women
Last updated date: August 29, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top 1 Adult Diapers and dug through the reviews from 1 of the most popular review sites including Incontinence 101 and more. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Adult Diaper you should buy.
In our analysis of 22 expert reviews, the Depend Depend Silhouette Incontinence Underwear for Women placed 5th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note September 18, 2019:
Checkout The Best Adult Diaper for a detailed review of all the top adult diapers.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
From The Manufacturer
Depend Silhouette Incontinence Briefs take their cues from your lifestyle and your needs. The improved sleek fit and feminine design are inspired by you, so you feel like you’re wearing real underwear, unlike bulky adult diapers. Depend incontinence briefs for women are more breathable with premium cotton-like, soft fabric for comfort and style to make you feel pretty & protected. This feminine brief in a modern rise features a signature stretch material and waistband for a close-to-body fit and leg elastics to help prevent bladder leaks. Perfect for maternity panties or postpartum underwear. Depend disposable underwear for women has an exclusive range of colors that includes beige, black and purple, so your underwear can be as versatile as your closet. Silhouette is a maximum absorbency brief that provides trusted protection in a smooth, feminine design so you can own your greatness every day. Depend incontinence products are latex-free, lotion-free and fragrance-free. This package contains black Depend Silhouette incontinence underwear for women in size small/medium, which fits a 28–40-inch waist. Explore this page for additional product benefits.Subscribe & Save Up to 15% With Amazon Stock your underwear drawer for less when you use free Subscribe & Save for up to 15% off Depend. Ordering online is the discreet way to have Depend delivered to your doorstep at your convenience, without leaving home. Regular, routine deliveries Free shipping No fees Easy returns Change or cancel an order anytime
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Adult Diapers
Adult diapers have come a long way over the years. In fact, many of today’s products are bulkier versions of the underwear you already have in your drawer. Whether you’re suffering from incontinence, recovering from surgery or dealing with heavy bleeding, the right adult diaper can make all the difference.
One of the first things to consider when you’re shopping is the design you want. There are benefits to adult diapers, which attach using tabs at the side like child diapers. Some find brief-style products more difficult to pull on, making the diaper design a better choice. Still others like the look and feel of the underwear design and choose those accordingly.
Bulk may be a deciding factor if you’re planning to wear your underwear outside of your home. You’ll want to find incontinence underwear you can wear beneath your clothing. This may mean buying one type of underwear to wear around the house and another to wear when you’re out and about. It’s also important to look for an incontinence garment that has odor-fighting capabilities, especially for outside the home.
Absorbency is an important feature in any incontinence underwear. Leaks are never pleasant, but they can happen if the diaper you choose isn’t designed to contain it. Look not only for how much your underwear can absorb in one wear, but also how it guards against embarrassing and inconvenient leaks.
Although diaper-style incontinence undergarments can sometimes be versatile, the brief design isn’t quite as diverse. Briefs are designed to mimic female and male underwear, so you may have to shop around a bit to find the style you prefer. You also will need to look closely at fit. Although diaper-style incontinence underwear will let you adjust the fit via the tabs, brief-style underwear may require you to study a sizing chart or pull out the tape measure to make sure a pair will fit properly.
DYWM Fun Fact
We’ve long heard that we have to drink eight glasses of water each day to be healthy. In fact, The New York Times busted that myth several years ago, revealing there’s no science behind this number. If you suffer from incontinence, though, it can be tempting to avoid hydrating. You may assume that if you drink too much, you’ll be more likely to have accidents. But dehydration can throw your body out of whack. Experts recommend six 88-ounce glasses of water every day to maintain health. You should also avoid sugary, carbonated and caffeinated beverages, as well as alcohol — all of which can irritate your bladder.
The Adult Diaper Buying Guide
- Absorbency is one of the most important features in incontinence garments, so you’ll need to look for maximum absorbency if you feel you’ll need it. Abena Abri-Form Comfort Briefs can absorb up to 32 ounces, and Always Discreet Classic Underwear is extra absorbent, making them ideal for postpartum bleeding and heavier incontinence.
- One issue for active adults is bulk. If you want a panty that won’t add too much extra thickness beneath your clothing, Depend FIT-Flex Incontinence Underwear for Women may be the best choice. The cut of this adult diaper is similar to regular underwear, and the cloth material is more flexible than other types of incontinence undergarments.
- If you’re allergic to latex, Abena Abri-Form Comfort Briefs and Solimo Incontinence Underwear for Women are both latex-free.
- For those with larger thighs, Abena Abri-Form Comfort Briefs may be a bit too tight in the leg area.
- The four-way stretch waistband on Always Discreet Classic Underwear gives it a comfort not found with other incontinence underwear.
- Those who have recently had an episiotomy will enjoy the fit of the Depend FIT-Flex Incontinence Underwear for Women, which won’t irritate your skin while it’s healing.
- Some incontinence underwear is more like regular underwear, requiring you to merely step into the leg holes and slide up. Others are designed similarly to childhood diapers, featuring adhesive tabs. Brief-style underwear, like Depend FIT-Flex Incontinence Underwear for Women, Solimo Incontinence Underwear for Women and Always Discreet Classic Underwear, are very popular, but some wearers prefer the ease of application of diaper-style designs like Abena Abri-Form Comfort Briefs.
- It’s important to look for underwear that contains odors, particularly if you’ll be wearing them in public. Solimo Incontinence Underwear for Women provides a dual-odor control system that contains all scents. You’ll also get odor control with Depend FIT-Flex Incontinence Underwear for Women and Always Discreet Classic Underwear.
- Before you buy, you should take a look at the sizing. Depend FIT-Flex Incontinence Underwear for Women comes in sizes from Small to Extra Large to help you find the perfect fit. Always Discreet Classic Underwear has Small to 2X sizes. Abena Abri-Form Comfort Briefs fit 28-inch to 43-inch waists.
- Leaks are no fun at all, but the leak guard built into Abena Abri-Form Comfort Briefs lives up to its promise, thanks to plastic backing. Its leakage barriers also go all the way to the edge.
- Another valuable feature on Abena Abri-Form Comfort Briefs is the wetness indicator, which lets you know when it might be time to change.
- Any time you have moisture close to your skin, you could be in for an uncomfortable experience, as well as skin irritation. Wicking action helps keep you dry. Abena Abri-Form Comfort Briefs, Solimo Incontinence Underwear for Women and Always Discreet Classic Underwear all feature great wicking functionality. Solimo Incontinence Underwear for Women uses a cotton top sheet to keep moisture away from your skin, and Always Discreet Classic Underwear has a RapidDry core to keep moisture at bay.
- The brief style of incontinence underwear typically isn’t unisex, so you’ll have to shop for your design preference if you opt for that style.