Department 56 Spooky Family Collectible Building
Last updated date: August 17, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Collectible Buildings & Accessories and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Collectible Building & Accessories you should buy.
Update as November 15, 2021:
Checkout The Best Collectible Buildings & Accessories for a detailed review of all the top collectible buildings & accessories.
In our analysis, the Department 56 Department 56 Spooky Family Collectible Building placed 6th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Lit building from the Addams Family Village Collection from Department 56. Building illuminates using a standard light cord and a 120V bulb. Made from resin. 10.87 inch height (27.61 cm). Inspired by the original cartoons, we’ve captured the perfect rendition of the family mansion, from the 4-story central tower, to the side observatory and mansard roof with metal trim. This house may seem a wreck at times, but have no fear, every trap door is in good repair. Take a closer look to see Thing’s iconic face peeking out from the second story window!
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Collectible Buildings & Accessories
Some people collect, organize and display items as a hobby. This pastime, which has attracted many different types of people for eons, can comprise basically anything from antiques and stamps to comic books and Beanie Babies.
While some collectors obtain things to sell them later for profit, others simply collect for the love of what they are keeping. And although the value of some items increases as time goes on, the value of others does not. Miniature buildings usually fall into the latter category. Some brands will increase in value over time, though, so do your research first if this hobby interests you.
Companies often create lifelike ceramic architectural pieces in painstaking detail that you can buy in individual pieces or sets. Collectors, on the other hand, love taking the time to seek out new, interesting pieces to add to their collections. You can create whole villages and town scenes over time!
Collectible building sets are often produced with different themes, such as different seasons. Some people prefer the ones that can be lit up for the holidays.
The Collectible Building & Accessories Buying Guide
- When buying collectible buildings that light up, see what kind of bulbs they use and keep a few extra on hand.
- You can buy one house at a time and slowly build up your own little village.
- Figurines are a great option to add some life to your miniature building collection.
- Make sure to store your miniatures properly for a longer life. One good option is to wrap them up in cloth and carefully place them in storage containers. Place these in closets or other secure storage spots inside your home that children and pets won’t be able to access.
- Always remove lightbulbs before storing your collectibles.
- Your collectible buildings do best in consistent temperatures and humidity, so keep them out of attics and basements.
- Also, make sure to keep these collectibles out of direct sunlight.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide