DENSO PK20TT PLATINUM T T Spark Plugs, 6-Pack
Last updated date: July 13, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Spark Plugs and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Spark Plug you should buy.
Update as July 13, 2020:
Checkout The Best Spark Plug for a detailed review of all the top spark plugs.
Featuring a platinum-titanium twin tip, this spark plug is superior to other models on the market. It improves ignitability and is a reliable, long-lasting option. Both platinum and titanium are also known for their ability to prevent corrosion and erosion.
In our analysis of 12 expert reviews, the DENSO PLATINUM T T Spark Plugs, 6-Pack placed 4th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The patented DENSO Platinum TT Spark Plug has a twin-tip design to improve ignitability and extend reliability. Until recently, this twin-tip design could only be found in the most technologically advanced automobiles. But now DENSO is offering this cutting-edge technology in a platinum-titanium design. Conventional platinum plugs use platinum for only the center electrode, while the DENSO Platinum TT Spark Plug features platinum on the center electrode and a titanium-enhanced alloy on the ground electrode for increased durability and minimized tip erosion. Both precious metals fight corrosion and erosion, ensuring superior spark performance and maximum spark plug life capable of extended operation in excess of 60,000 miles. In addition, the secondary tip on the ground electrode results in less obstruction of spark growth, while still maintaining the same gap. With this in mind, if your vehicle exhibits bad spark plug symptoms including slow acceleration, poor fuel economy, or engine misfires, consider DENSO for your performance spark plug replacement.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Spark Plugs
All machines that use gasoline engines are outfitted with spark plugs. This includes automobiles, lawnmowers, watercraft and aircraft. Spark plugs are responsible for creating the electricity needed to ignite the fuel mixture to start the combustion process and turn on the engine. Depending on the type of machine, you will most likely be able to replace the spark plugs on your own, without having to schedule an appointment with a mechanic.
As you begin shopping for the best spark plug, you’ll want to first make sure the plug meets International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and Society of Automobile Engineers (SAE) standards. You don’t want to invest money in a spark plug that won’t deliver reliability and durability.
Look for a spark plug that is able to improve your gas mileage and provide a faster start. For example, the NGK G-Power Spark Plug, 4-Pack uses a G-power platinum alloy that enhances its performance. The ground and center electrodes are able to retain a precise gap, while also creating a greater spark.
Review the spark plug’s outer shell next. You’ll find the Champion RC12YC Spark Plug uses a special TinTac and ULTRASEAL shell to protect the spark plug from corrosion. Corrosion is a spark plug’s enemy and will lead to the plug needing to be replaced prematurely.
Examine the design of the spark plug’s tip next. For example, the DENSO PLATINUM T T Spark Plugs, 6-Pack has a specially designed twin-tip that increases its ability to ignite. Others are made from a .6 millimeter laser-welded fine platinum that reduces the voltage required to start the engine.
Consider a spark plug that is designed to handle intense conditions if you’re into power sports. The E3 Spark Plugs Power Sports E3 Spark Plug is a great choice for this, as it’s made using a yttrium-enhanced alloy to that reduces side wire temperature by 8%. It’s also made with colder heat ranges, so you can make modifications to increase performance.
The Spark Plug Buying Guide
- It’s important that you always double-check that the spark plugs are compatible with your vehicle before you purchase them. There are two ways to do this. You can contact the manufacturer directly and ask a customer service representative, or you can use the compatibility tool at the top of the product page of certain websites. All you need to do is select your car’s year, make and model from the drop-down boxes and click the “check fit” button.
- YouTube is flooded with step-by-step videos that will visually guide you through changing your machine’s spark plugs, whether that’s your lawnmower or family automobile.
- If you have a four-cylinder vehicle, you’ll need four spark plugs. Vehicles that have six cylinders require six spark plugs. It’s important to know how many spark plugs your automobile needs before placing an order, otherwise, you may end up ready to do the job without the right number of plugs.
- There are a few symptoms you need to keep an eye out for that will let you know your spark plugs need replacing. They include a decrease in fuel efficiency, slower acceleration and engine misfires.
- As you compare the prices for spark plugs, you’ll need to make sure you are comparing the per-piece price. So, if the spark plugs come in a set, you’ll need to divide the total cost of the plugs by the number of pieces in the set. When you do this, you’ll discover that the NGK G-Power Spark Plug, 4-Pack and the DENSO PLATINUM T T Spark Plugs, 6-Pack are among the most affordable. You’ll pay a moderate price per piece for the Champion RC12YC Spark Plug, while the E3 Spark Plugs Power Sports E3 Spark Plug comes in on the higher end.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide