Demon United Truck Bed Bike Rack Pad
Last updated date: May 19, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Truck Bed Bike Racks and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Truck Bed Bike Rack you should buy.
Update as May 19, 2021:
Checkout The Best Truck Bed Bike Racks for a detailed review of all the top truck bed bike racks.
With this premium truck bed bike rack, you'll be able to hit the trails with your entire family. The small size holds five bikes, while the larger sizes fits up to seven. The premium padding on this bike rack not only protects your paint from scratches, but it's also UV resistant to combat the sun's harsh rays.
In our analysis of 30 expert reviews, the Demon United Truck Bed Bike Rack Pad placed 1st when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
PREMIUM QUALITY: The Demon tailgate cover is made with premium padding and support to give your truck and bikes high quality protection with a minimal design. The Demon tailgate pad is made from the highest quality materials including UV resistant thread to help withstand harsh summer and winter environments. Use this tailgate pad to shuttle your whole crew while protecting your bikes and truck or use it to take the family bikes to the local trails or even a trip to MOAB! EASY ACCESS: The tailgate cover fits most trucks’ measurements. The Small size ( 54" wide) fits most compact and mid-sized trucks and can carry up to five bikes. The Large size (62" wide) tailgate cover fits most full size trucks and can carry up to seven bikes. Just throw the pad on the tailgate, hook up the 3 straps that surround the tailgate and use the high quality web cinch straps to secure the pad in place. DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: 3/4” foam pad with a heavy-duty vinyl cover on the outside (Ultra-Soft underside to protect truck tailgate paint) to protect both your bikes and your truck when shuttling to the top of your favorite trail. Tailgate handle access flap allows the tailgate to be opened while the Demon tailgate pad is on. If desired ,the handle access flap can be positioned in the open position by using the included supports. ULTRA CONVENIENT: Hook and loop bike frame holders keep bikes secure. The reflective Demon United logo on the back give visibility to your pad. The Demon tailgate pad includes two tool pockets on the bed side of the pad to keep necessary trail tools and equipment. DEMON UNITED: Headquartered in the USA and currently designs and manufactures hundreds of products and protective gear for all types of gravity sports and distributes the products worldwide in over 40 countries. The focus and dedication of Demon United is to create great products that help KEEP YOU FROM AN EARLY GRAVE.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Truck Bed Bike Racks
Every bike rack has a limit to how much force it can handle, and a heavier bike will exert more force on the rack during turns, as well as during sudden starts and stops. While the ideal goal is to drive carefully when hauling a bike, unexpected situations can demand unexpected action.
After all, electric bikes can range from 30 to 80 pounds, due to the battery and motor. While street bikes are designed to be as light as possible, mountain bikes are heavier, to not only endure the impact from jumps and rocky terrain but also to absorb some of it, reducing how much force is transmitted to the rider. Based on these weights, you can shop for a bike rack that would be best suited to the bicycle you have.
Not all bike racks can hold larger tire sizes, such as 29-inch diameter tires, or anything wider than 2.5 inches. Most mountain bikes have wider tires, and specialized “fat” bikes have oversized tires. Consider the sizes of your bike tires when shopping for a rack.
If you are having trouble determining whether a bike rack will fit in your truck’s bed, you can contact the company’s customer service line. They will be able to provide more concrete answers about edge cases where you aren’t sure about the compatibility of your truck bed or your particular bike with the rack.
When in doubt, measure your truck bed carefully. Compare those measurements to the manufacturer specifications for any bike rack you’re considering.
The Truck Bed Bike Rack Buying Guide
- It’s standard practice to choose bike racks based on how they secure your ride.
- Racks that hold bikes by the wheel are faster to use and don’t damage the paint on the frame, but they have less holding power.
- Frame-holding racks will hold heavier bikes more securely, but they risk damaging the frame’s paint. Paint is important for preventing rust and reducing drag.
- Fork-securing racks are best for street bikes, but they require removing the front wheel each time you use them, and they generally have lower weight limits than other types.
- Before driving but after securing your rack and your bike(s), test the stability of your set-up.
- Be sure that any rubber pads aren’t shifting against your truck nor against the bikes, which can damage the paint.
- Check for dirt or debris between any securing pads and the surface where they are in contact.
- Most bicycle thefts are spur-of-the-moment things when the thief spots an opportunity. If you are driving a long way and expect to leave your vehicle and bikes unattended for any length of time (bathroom breaks, souvenir shopping, ordering food and so on), lock your bikes through their frames, not the wheels, to prevent an opportunistic snatch-and-run.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide