Delta Children Disney Frozen Storage Bin & Chair Desk
Last updated date: August 3, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Children's Desk and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Children's Desk you should buy.
Entice your children to complete a few academic work pages using this character desk with storage bin. There are 10 different characters for kids to choose from, including Minnie Mouse, Elmo, Spiderman and the characters from Frozen. The desk has a drawer under the seat for storage and a handy cup holder to the top right of the desk. In our analysis of 80 expert reviews, the Delta Children Delta Children Disney Frozen Storage Bin & Chair Desk placed 12th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note September 21, 2020:
Checkout The Best Children’s Desk for a detailed review of all the top children's desk.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Your little one will feel every bit the cool queen with this Disney Frozen Chair Desk with Storage Bin from Delta Children! Boasting colorful graphics of Arendelle's most glamorous sisters, Anna and Elsa, this desk with a loveable heart-shaped back also features a built-in cup holder and a storage bin underneath.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Children's Desk
Giving a child their own workspace not only promotes independence but also allows for a place for the child to express their creativity. Adding a children’s desk to your son or daughter’s bedroom is a perfect way to accomplish this. As you shop for the best children’s desk, there are a few features to keep in mind.
First, consider how your child will use the desk, says parenting expert Kate Desmond.
“A young kid will probably use it to create art and store treasures,” she says. “So, for little tots consider a desk with bigger storage, and a place to hold cups for art supplies. My second grader uses her desk nightly to do homework. And while a sturdy desk is still important, I also look for a good amount of paper storage, and a place to hold writing utensils. Desks that have USB ports and outlets earn extra points as children reach teenage years and need to charge their various bits of technology.”
Look for a children’s desk that is not only sturdy but also meets your student’s weight requirements. There are models made from solid wood, as well as units that feature solid steel frames. Desks constructed for smaller children often won’t exceed a 50-pound weight capacity, while those made for older kids can hold as much as 150 pounds.
Check the design next. You want the child to easily be able to get in and out of the desk, as well as have the desk and chair be comfortable to use. The VIVO Adjustable Interactive Children’s Desk uses an ergonomic design that prevents slouching by promoting the correct body posture while in the seated position.
Safety is also important, so review the product labeling for any certifications or safety tests that have been performed on the children’s desk. For example, you’ll if you decide on a lift-top desk and chair, you’ll want it to have a hinged lid for safety, as well as a gap along the edges of the lid to keep tiny fingers from getting hurt.
“Look for something sturdy that won’t tip if climbed upon and lower to the ground for easy maneuvering,” Desmond adds.
Consider a model that is adjustable. This way, the desk can grow with your child. Not only does the FDW Kids Drawer Storage Student Study Desk offer this, but it’s also got plenty of storage. Kids can place their books and art supplies inside. There are even indents within the desk for pens and pencils. While other desks only have adjustable legs, this model has an adjustable seat and desktop that can tilt up to 40 degrees. This type of desk may be better for older children who need to switch from art projects to homework assignments.
Finally, keep an eye out for children’s desks that have a host of extras. For example, the Step2 Art Master Kids Desk comes with a scratch-resistant surface and offers storage in abundance. There’s even a built-in cup holder on the right and left side of the desktop. Other desks come covered in characters that are familiar to children.
Also consider using your child’s new desk to teach some other important life lessons, like how to keep an area tidy and organized.
DWYM Fun Fact
Did you know school desks were first invented in 1880? Before that, children either worked or were educated at home. It was John D. Loughlin from Sidney, Ohio that came up with the first desk for students and he called it “The Fashion Desk.” More than one child could fit at the desk and many models included an inkwell, as they didn’t have pens and pencils back then.
The first adjustable school desk was built in the 1930s. Both the seat and the desk could be made to fit the student. The desk also opened so that students could store their schoolbooks and supplies. Today school desks are also used in a home setting since children often bring home assignments that must be completed and turned in to the teacher the next day.
The Children's Desk Buying Guide
- Wood is attractive, but also soft and easy to scratch. This type of desk may be better suited to older children.
- Keep in mind that sturdy models may be heavy and hard to put together.
- Most models are too hard for children to adjust, so parents will need to complete that task before the student can begin using the desk.
- While some children’s desk models come with all the tools and hardware you need to assemble them, others don’t. Make sure you know which tools you need before you buy.
- Most school desks and chairs can be cleaned with a little warm water, liquid dish soap and a rag. Wooden models would also benefit from a multi-surface cleaner that is designed to remove dust. Of course, it is always important to consult your product care label before the first cleaning.
- Verify that the company offers complimentary tech support in the event that you have trouble putting the children’s desk and chair together using the provided instructions.
- There are a few factors that influence the cost of a children’s desk. First, you’ll find the Delta Children Nick Jr. PAW Patrol Storage Bin Chair Desk on the lower end of the price scale because it’s designed for toddlers only. The Step2 Art Master Kids Desk is in the middle price-wise, as it’s more of your standard desk and chair with storage. The VIVO Adjustable Interactive Children’s Desk and the FDW Kids Drawer Storage Student Study Desk command a higher price because they are also adjustable and can grow with your child.