DELTA Canopies Tent Shelter
Last updated date: December 6, 2019
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Storage Tents and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Storage Tent you should buy.
Update as August 2, 2021:
Checkout The Best Storage Tent for a detailed review of all the top storage tents.
In our analysis of 112 expert reviews, the DELTA Canopies Tent Shelter placed 9th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Features: Galvanized steel frame, rust & corrosion resistant Polyethylene cover & walls, with UV protection Top cover hot sealed, waterproof ! Beautiful arched plastic windows Industrial strength zippers and heavy duty eyelets Industrial duty zippered entrance on both endwalls Corner ropes and pegs included Heavy-duty Velcro and bungee cord straps Full instructions and care manual included Ideal for commercial and recreational use 4 storage bags included ($80 value)! Specifications: Size: 32’L(10m)x16’W(5m)x9.2’H(peak);6.4’H(side) Cover & Sidewalls: 180 gr/m2 Polyethylene Poles: Diameter: 1.5″(38mm); Thickness: 1mm Joints: Diameter: 1.65″(42mm); Thickness: 1.2mm Door Dimensions: 12.2’W x 6.4’H Color: White Note: ITEM NEEDS TO BE ANCHORED TO GROUND TO HOLD AGAINST WIND. Secure your tent properly with storm straps and ground pegs. The tent is not recommended to be left up in the wind. NEVER to leave them up overnight, particularly with the roof and side panels on. Immediately remove accumulated rain water, snow or ice from the roof with a broom, mop or towels. If you fail to do so, the manufacturer is not responsible for damages caused by heavy loads of rain, snow or ice on the roof. **Always Check Contents Upon Delivery – Limited Warranty**
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Our Expert Consultant
Home Improvement Expert
Vicki Liston writes, produces, and narrates “On The Fly…DIY,” an award-winning home improvement and DIY show of unique project tutorials for the casual DIY’er.
Home improvement and all things DIY have been Liston’s passion since she bought her first house in 2007 and she started making video blogs in 2014. She’s performed hundreds of DIY projects, from small ones to major, wall-smashing renovations and can teach you how to make a trendy DIY barn door for cheap. The proceeds earned from “On The Fly…DIY” are donated to no-kill animal shelters and rescue organizations. You can find her show on Prime Video.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Storage Tents
If you’re searching for a cost-effective way to keep your gardening tools safe or you need protection for your vehicle, you’ll want to consider purchasing a storage tent.
“A storage tent can provide shelter for your belongings in places where you either can’t erect a permanent building or you want the flexibility to relocate it as needed,” says home expert Vicki Liston.
When you’re ready to begin your search for the best storage tent, read the following guide so you know exactly what to look for.
Determine the size of the storage tent that would work best for you.
“The smaller tents usually don’t require any tools and can be quickly set up by only one person,” says Liston. “Bigger ones will need a few tools and an extra set of hands.”
Review the storage tent’s materials to ensure it is capable of withstanding harsh weather conditions. For example, the Eurmax Popup Canopy Tent is waterproof and has UV protection. The Abba Patio Car Canopy Shelter has a heavy-duty steel frame and footpads for stability against the wind.
Liston advises that: “The sturdiest frames on the market are made of steel. Tin, aluminum and polyester are other options, with polyester sitting at the bottom of the strength list. It’s the easiest to use and extremely flexible but it won’t be durable over time. If you go with the strong steel, ensure it is either galvanized or powder-coated to protect from rust and corrosion.”
Examine the design of the tent’s roof next. Keep the weather and usage of the tent in mind before you purchase one.
“Storage tents with a peaked roof design are the best at keeping rain or snow from collecting on the roof and causing mold or mildew to grow,” says Liston. “If you do go with a rounded top version, the cover should be tightly stretched on the frame and there should be no slack whatsoever for the rain to pool.”
Look at the walls of the storage tent. Do they roll up when the weather’s nice, or are they always down? Some models even have a few windows with outside coverings built into their sidewalls.
Consider any extras the storage tent may offer. Some models come in 18 different colors, so you can match the tent to the color of your house, or simply add a little brightness to your yard. Other models have bonuses like a mesh screen, a roller bag and additional sandbags.
The Storage Tent Buying Guide
- Check the quality and strength of the tent’s zippers. Users of some brands report that the zippers break easily.
- One neat trick is to wax the zippers, as this allows them to open and close much more smoothly.
- Watch for holes forming in the seams over time. You don’t want the tent to begin leaking.
- Check that the tent can withstand strong winds if you plan on using it for a long period of time.
- Recruit help assembling the tent, as many models require at least two people to properly set them up.
- Examine the anchors that come with the set to make sure they aren’t weak. You may want to invest in a set of your own sturdy anchors. In fact, Liston points out: “There’s a good chance your storage tent will blow over (or fly away) on the first blustery day. It’s best to invest in an auger-style anchoring kit to protect your investment, which includes the storage tent and the items inside.”
- If you plan on using the storage tent near a barbecue grill, you’ll want to make sure the materials are fire retardant. Not all of them are, so it’s important to check.
- Keep the storage tent properly vented to prevent condensation that could lead to rot.
- The price for storage tents is directly related to the size. The Eurmax Popup Canopy Tent is the cheapest, as it measures just 10’x10′. The Abba Patio Car Canopy Shelter that measures 12’x20′ has the highest price tag.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide