Deer Out Deer Repellent Concentrate, 1-Gallon
Last updated date: September 10, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Deer Out and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Deer Out you should buy.
Update as September 10, 2020:
Checkout The Best Deer Out for a detailed review of all the top deer out.
If you have a large property, you'll want to go with this Deer Out. It's sold in a concentrated form and is able to cover 40,000 square feet of space. The ingredients are all-natural, which is ideal if you have pets or small children at home who like to play in the yard.
In our analysis, the Deer Out Deer Out Deer Repellent Concentrate, 1-Gallon placed 2nd when we looked at the top 3 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Makes 10 gallons and covers 40,000 sq. ft. (1 Acre). LaTorre’s Deer Out™ is an all-natural, proven effective deer repellent that’s guaranteed to keep deer out of your garden for up to 3 to 4 months without the use of chemicals or poisons. Preferred by thousands of nurserymen, landscape professionals, backyard gardeners, and commercial farmers alike, Deer Out™ can be sprayed directly on your plants and uses a custom blend of oils with a peppermint fresh scent to keep deer away from your precious plantings.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Deer Out
While deer are absolutely beautiful creatures, they can cause some serious damage to the flowers and shrubs in your backyard. The best way to handle the situation is to use Deer Out to repel the deer. This brand of repellent uses only all-natural ingredients, so it won’t harm any critters that make their way on to your property.
Deer Out is designed to work in two ways. First, the formula’s fresh mint scent (that is pleasant to humans) is actually undesirable to deer. Second, should the deer decide to take a chance and bite down on your shrub, it will taste the repellent, find it unappetizing and spit it right back out.
Every bottle of Deer Out is formulated with gum arabic and hydrogenated vegetable oil. These natural ingredients are what allow the spray to stick to your plants, flowers and shrubs. They keep the repellent from washing away during a rain shower, so you don’t have to reapply.
When selecting which Deer Out bottle to purchase, you need to consider the area you have to cover. Smaller bottles cover approximately 4,000 square feet of land, while larger bottles can handle a 40,000 square foot space.
The Deer Out Buying Guide
- While the Deer Out has a pleasant scent, many reviewers comment about how strong the odor is, which may be bothersome to sensitive individuals.
- Never apply Deer Out to edible fruits and vegetables.
- You’ll need to reapply the Deer Out about every three months to continue repelling the deer. The company also recommends applying the spray to any new growth, even if it hasn’t been three months yet.
- Before using the Deer Out, it is recommended that you give the bottle a vigorous shake.
- If you need to use the Deer Out in a large area, you may wish to mix the concentrate and recommended amount of water in a pump or backpack sprayer. This will make it easier to coat your vegetation with the repellent.
- Make sure you thoroughly coat the shrubs, trees, plants and flowers that you don’t want the deer to touch. To be effective you need to coat the top and bottom of the vegetation.
- Deer Out is safe to use around children and pets.
- In addition to deer, Deer Out also repels elk and moose.
- When comparing the price for different bottles of Deer Out, you need to determine how much the product costs per ounce. Additionally, it’s important to look at whether the product comes in concentrate or ready-to-use form. Although the Deer Out Ready-To-Use Deer Repellent, 1-Gallon Refill is less per ounce than the Deer Out Deer Repellent Concentrate, 1-Gallon, it’s cheaper because it’s in ready-to-use form. However, you’ll need to replace it much quicker than the concentrate, which makes the concentrate a better buy in the long run. Buying in bulk also adds savings. The Deer Out 32-Ounce Concentrate Deer Repellent, 2-Pack is slightly cheaper than the Deer Out 32-Ounce Concentrate Deer Repellent, as it comes with two bottles instead of one.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide