DearMy Moisture Wicking Hiking Socks, 5-Pack
Last updated date: September 29, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Hiking Socks and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Hiking Sock you should buy.
Update as September 29, 2021:
Checkout The Best Hiking Socks for a detailed review of all the top hiking socks.
Made from combed cotton with a touch of spandex, polyester and rubber, these socks are designed to last. Each sock has a ribbed arch, a non-slip opening and reinforced bottom cushioning, while a mesh panel keeps feet dry. The socks come in sets featuring five pairs in an assortment of colors.
In our analysis, the DearMy DearMy Moisture Wicking Hiking Socks, 5-Pack placed 6th when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
HIGH QUALITY COTTON SOCKS. Socks are designed to keep your feet warm and dry during the rigors of trekking the earth’s wild place. They are Strong and durable socks. MULTI-FUNCTION. Moisture wicking | Y-type heel with ribbed arch and reinforced cushion makes our socks and comfortable, providing perfect foot comfort during hiking, walking or any other outdoor activities. ABOUT SIZE: Small size fits Women shoe size6-8US, 230mm-250mm Asia, Medium size fits Women shoe size 8-10,Men shoe size7-9 US,250mm-270mm Asia. EXCELLENT GIFT CHOICE. Everybody needs more socks. Women Cushion Outdoor Hiking Crew Socks make the perfect present for hikers, Mountain bike, outdoor walkers,Gym Fitness, sports, 1000mile running, climbing, camping you also could choose for your girlfriend, Lovers, daughter, wife, birthdays, Mom , Sister, Christmas gift, Friends, Spring, fall, winter season or in any cold weather areas.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Hiking Socks
Socks play an important role in your comfort throughout the day. The right cushioning supports your foot while elastic in all the proper places ensures your socks stay in place. But if you’re going for a hike, socks take on even greater importance.
Why do you need a good pair of hiking socks? Over the miles you’ll be trekking, blisters and abrasions can provide a point of pressure and pain that will slow you down as you grow more uncomfortable. The right socks will help keep your shoes from rubbing against your skin and keep your feet warm and protected while you walk
But moisture can be a big problem, too. As you walk, sweat can build up between your socks and foot, leading to an environment that allows bacteria to grow. The socks you choose should be made from moisture-wicking material to keep your feet dry no matter what your activity.
Many hikers prefer Merino wool as the main material in hiking socks, as this material is anti-microbial, quick-drying and soft. Polyester and cotton provide a lightweight build, but you’ll need to make sure they have the padding necessary to keep your feet well-supported. Nylon is also a preferred fabric because of its durability and quick-drying properties. If you are sensitive to these materials, bamboo makes a good alternative fabric for the perfect hiking socks. You may wish to look for a blend with Spandex, which provides stretch and helps socks hold their shape.
The Hiking Sock Buying Guide
- There are four heights for hiking socks: no-show, which provide only enough coverage for low-profile footwear such as trail-running shoes; ankle, which is best for lower-cut shoes; crew socks, which fall above your ankle bone; and knee-high, which are best if you’re wearing boots.
- When choosing socks, consider your footwear. Tall boots require tall socks. Roomy shoes may allow you to add cushioning or layers for extra warmth. Tighter shoes can require a lighter-weight style. Socks will also come in sizes that correspond to your shoe size, but you’ll want to know the size of your actual foot if you prefer to buy slightly larger shoes.
- Most socks come in multi-pair sets. If a variety of colors is important to you, you can find assortments that will let you shake things up.
- Having your socks slip downward throughout the day can be annoying whether you’re hiking or not. When you’re on a trail, though, it can slow you down and lead to an uncomfortable experience. Look for socks with an elasticized band, or ones which use compression to hold the socks in place.
- Socks can also slide around inside your shoe while you’re wearing them. This can put the extra cushioning where you don’t need it, like on the side of your foot instead of the bottom. Some hiking socks are designed to prevent this movement, so your socks stay firmly in place the entire time you’re wearing them. Look for a Y-shaped, constructed heel.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide