Dcenta Multifunctional Steam Mop Cleaner
Last updated date: June 2, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Steam Mops and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Steam Mop you should buy.
Editor's Note July 23, 2020:
Checkout The Best Steam Mop for a detailed review of all the top steam mops.
In our analysis of 68 expert reviews, the Dcenta Dcenta Multifunctional Steam Mop Cleaner placed 3rd when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
99.99% high temperature sterilization, The Dcenta mop cleaner is an easy and more convenient cleaning tool that every household needs. Clean and sanitize hard floors without the use of harsh chemicals with the natural power of steam. Powerful Handheld Steam Cleaner and Steam mop in one comes with 12 accessories to help you deal with stubborn stains and grease,use the handheld steam cleaner to clean multiple areas in your home such as kitchen and bathroom sinks, countertops, stove tops, microwaves, oven grates, refrigerators, ovens, upholstery. Utilizes 110°C hot steam to remove stains and sticky mess while drying quickly. Work with distilled or tap water, great for all homes with pets and babies.Make your life easier and cleaning more fun with this new steam mop.You can clean and sanitize with minimum time and effort, just add water and spray hot mist automatically,no more scrubbing floors or bending，way more effective than your traditional mop. Suitable for Floor & Carpet Cleaning because steam mops use water, not chemicals.So it can clean a variety of sealed hard floors in your home such as hardwood, ceramic, linoleum, granite, and marble. 2 sets of Intelligent Steam Control & 370ml / 12.5 ounce Reservoir and steam mop can working for 25-30 minutes of steaming on the lowest setting.
User Summarized Score
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Steam Mops
For many, steam mops are an essential cleaning tool for the home. The various models and brands all use natural steam heat to clean. They have a lot of similarities, so it can be hard to choose the best one. We’ll take you through the basic functions and added features so you can choose the right steam mop for your home and life.
Steam mops are especially good for people with allergies and those who are sensitive to harsh cleaning chemicals and fragrances. Steam mops work by heating water in a reservoir or tank to about 250 degrees Fahrenheit. The hot steam travels to a microfiber pad through one or many jets that dampen the pad. The combination of steam and damp pad help moisten and break up dirt and dust from flooring. This way, you get a deep clean for your surfaces using water alone.
Because steam mops get so hot, they can also sanitize your surfaces by eliminating germs, bacteria, dust mites and even fleas. This, and the lack of chemicals and residues, can make steam mops perfect for families with young children who spend a lot of time on the floor. A steam mop can also help prolong the life of your grouted flooring by loosening dirt, soap, mold and other gunk so they can more easily be scrubbed away.
Most steam mops recommend only putting water in the tank or reservoir. This is because other substances can make the steam cleaner work improperly or even get clogged. Some, like the BISSELL PowerFresh Steam Mop, does allow for some scented extras if you prefer a fresh scent to along with your cleaning. BISSELL includes replaceable scent discs with the mop and offers optional demineralized water with a variety of scents like eucalyptus mint and citrus.
Steam mops come with microfiber mopping pads that are usually reusable and washable. Some come with extra features, like the Shark Steam Pocket Mop pads, which are double-sided to give you more uses before washing. The BISSELL PowerFresh Steam Mop comes with one regular pad and one with added scrubbers.
Many steam mops have some kind of controls that allow you to decide how much steam you want to use. The BISSELL PowerFresh Steam Mop and Light ‘N’ Easy Steam Mop have high, medium and low settings. The Shark Steam Pocket Mop doesn’t have settings and instead relies on pumping the handle to produce the amount of steam you want.
How you want to use your steam mop is also an important consideration. Most steam mops are focused on cleaning hard floors only. However, models like the Light ‘N’ Easy Steam Mop have a detachable handheld steamer. This comes in handy for all sorts of things, from refreshing and steaming clothes to cleaning couches, drapes and even tile and grout on walls in your kitchen and bath. Most steam mops aren’t meant to be used on carpets, but some can.
Whatever steam mop you choose for your home, carefully read the manufacturers instructions before using. This way, you can make sure to keep yourself and your floors safe and get the most out of your handy new cleaning tool.
The Steam Mop Buying Guide
- Be sure to fill the water reservoir and add the mop pad before you plug in the steam mop. Once plugged in, it may automatically heat up and become too hot to handle or too hot for the floor without the pad.
- Unless the mop manufacturer says otherwise, only put water in your mop. Any good steam mop should be able to clean and sanitize without any additional cleaner.
- It’s important to only use distilled water in your steam mop. Plain tap water can have minerals that build up and clog your mop, rendering it totally ineffective over time.
- You can’t start steam mopping until you have already swept up or vacuumed. Getting little pieces of debris and hair stuck on the mop head will hinder its ability to clean your surfaces well and will just spread stuff around.
- You will likely still need to use some elbow grease to clean away debris once you’ve used your steam mop to clean grout. A nylon-bristled brush usually does the trick to break it up the rest of the way. The Light ‘N’ Easy Steam Mop may be a good option for you if you plan to also clean grout in a shower. It has a detachable handheld steamer for directing the steam to different types of surfaces.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide