Dark Iron Fitness Extra-Thick Barbell Pad, 15-Inch
Last updated date: July 5, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Barbell Pads and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Barbell Pad you should buy.
Update as July 5, 2022:
Checkout The Best Barbell Pad for a detailed review of all the top barbell pads.
This barbell pad is a durable option that won’t flatten out from use. It is made from a dense foam that is high quality. The pad doesn’t absorb sweat and moisture, reducing odors.
In our analysis of 31 expert reviews, the Dark Iron Fitness Extra-Thick Barbell Pad, 15-Inch placed 3rd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The Dark Iron Fitness Barbell Pad gives enough padding to give you comfort so you can focus on your form and technique. You can pack on even more weight for better results!
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Barbell Pads
If you’ve just started lifting weights, have been doing it for years or are somewhere in between, you know that there is a certain amount of discomfort that comes from holding the barbell. Whether you’re doing squats or hip thrusts, the friction from the bar against your body can cause chafing or pain. Having some padding between your body and the barbell can make the workout more comfortable so you can focus on getting stronger.
Barbell pads are designed to provide a protective barrier between your body and the barbell itself. It’s kind of like a foam pillow that goes around the barbell in the area where the bar rests against your body. Barbell pads are soft and comfortable, in addition to being cushiony. They don’t restrict your range of movement in any way when you’re working out, in addition to inhibiting any type of action. Instead, barbell pads help you use the equipment more often and for longer because you’re not uncomfortable while you’re working out.
The most important thing to look for when getting a barbell pad is comfort. It’s important that the material feels good against your skin so that you’re not focused on the feeling of the barbell touching your body. If the barbell pad is hard, itchy or rough, you may be distracted by those feelings and lose concentration.
Another important factor is fit. The barbell pad needs to fit the barbell you’re using as well as be the right size for your body and shape. You don’t want a pad that’s too long as it may interfere with your hand placement. Similarly, a barbell pad that is too short may not offer you the comfort you need when working out.
The Barbell Pad Buying Guide
- When choosing a barbell pad, the type of material it’s made from is an important buying factor. Go for materials that are highly durable and won’t tear after a few uses. A good option is high-quality, high-density thick foam or rubber. This type of material can absorb shocks in order to increase comfort and reduce injury, without falling apart after a few sets.
- How do you attach a barbell pad to the barbell? Go with a pad that doesn’t have any straps involved, as that can be difficult to put on and take off. Instead, a quick-slip design is an easy and fast option so you can just open up the notch in the pad and slip it onto the barbell. In this case, there are no fasteners involved.
- Some barbell pads are designed specifically for a certain type of exercise, while others are more versatile and can be used for a number of workouts. Typically, people use barbell pads for hip thrusts, squats, lunges and similar exercises while lifting weights.
- When working out, you’re bound to get sweaty. In order to avoid the barbell pad from absorbing sweat from your body – which can lead to foul odor coming from the bar – opt to get a barbell pad that doesn’t absorb moisture. Pads that keep the moisture on the surface, rather absorbing it, won’t becoming smelly. To clean off the sweat, you just have to wipe it off with a towel.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide