DALSTRONG Nakiri Asian Vegetable Knife
Last updated date: December 3, 2019
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Vegetable Cleavers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Vegetable Cleaver you should buy.
Editor's Note December 27, 2019:
Checkout The Best Vegetable Cleaver for a detailed review of all the top vegetable cleavers.
In our analysis of 53 expert reviews, the DALSTRONG DALSTRONG Nakiri Asian Vegetable Knife placed 7th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Battle Ready Cutlery. Dalstrong, Dalstrong Chef Knife, Utility Knife, Gladiator Series, Nakiri Knife Battle Ready Cutlery The Dalstrong Gladiator Series 7” nakiri knife is a double-bevel vegetable specialist, combining elements of a chef’s knife with that of a vegetable cleaver. The square tip and flat profile of this blade make it ideal for push cuts, while the extra width assists with food transfer. Improving this blade further are the rock-hollow divots, which minimize stuck on food and reduce friction. The nakiri is a favorite among Asian knives for its proficiency, and is essential for any chefs who find themselves prepping vegetables in bulk. From the heat of professional restaurant kitchens to a simple meal for one, this chef knife works tirelessly beside you, complimenting your style, always dependable and forever brutally effective. It is your merciless gladiator in the unforgiving arena of professional and home kitchens. The Gladiator Series blade is precision forged from a single piece of imported premium quality, high-carbon ThyssenKrupp German steel, ensuring an ultra sharp edge with excellent wear and stain resistance. Hand sharpened 14-16 degrees per side, the Dalstrong Gladiator Series Nakiri knife is a high performance kitchen workhorse. Featuring a beautiful, ergonomic and ambidextrous imported black pakkawood handle imported from Spain (laminated for extra strength, sanitation and water/stain resistance) the Gladiator Series Nakiri knife is carefully designed for maximum comfort and maneuverability. The knife is as pleasing to hold as it is to look at, featuring a perfectly engineered balance with a satisfying heft and presence. Perfectly weighted to handle both thicker, heavy duty cuts and more delicate detail work. The hand polished bolster adds counter weight and offers finger protection, while the triple rivets (with signature Dalstrong center rivet) in the handle ensures the highest level of strength and robustness. Included is a water and stain resistant, BPA free protective Dalstrong PerfectFit sheath. Included: 7” Gladiator Series Nakiri Knife PerfectFit Dalstrong Sheath Neatly Packed with Dalstrong’s Renowned Packaging Dalstrong Support The Art of Steel. FEATURES AND BENEFITS ✓ Precision forged, ultra sharp, wear resistant, single-piece, high carbon ThyssenKrupp German steel at 56+ Rockwell ✓ The edge is painstakingly hand sharpened to 14-16° per side, maintaining the perfect balance between blade sharpness and maximum resilience ✓ Tall blade height gives knuckle clearance to assist with food preparation and chopping activity ✓ Oval shaped hollow divots on either side of the blade are carefully engineered to create air pockets and minimize suction of stuck on food, allowing for quick, frictionless slicing ✓ Beautiful hand polished satin finish blade ✓ Tapered design for hardness and flexibility ✓ Added chromium for stain resistance ✓ Precisely tempered for added durability ✓Polished spine to facilitate a comfortable pinch grip ✓ Full tang for incredible robustness & quality ✓ Premium quality laminated pakkawood handles imported from Spain, for superior strength, refinement, and beauty. Sanitary build perfect for busy kitchens ✓ Triple riveted for even more durability ✓ Mirror polished, finger protective bolster provides for a perfectly engineered balance with just the right heft ✓ Ergonomic handle shape for maximum comfort, grip and maneuverability ✓ Stainless steel second bolster (end cap) adds counter balance and distinction ✓ Engraved Dalstrong center rivet ✓ Cleans easily for low maintenance ✓ Includes a BPA protective Dalstrong PerfectFit sheath Knives To Build A Career On. A Community Of Chefs To Belong To. Over Seventy-Five Thousand Chefs Have Switched to Dalstrong From executive chefs to home chefs and everyone in between, Dalstrong Chefs are treated like family. Over seventy-five thousand chefs have switched to Dalstrong for our superior quality, unconditional support, and loyal community. It may be cliche, but we truly care about you and the blades and products we painstakingly design and develop. From the tinest packaging detail, to hundreds of hours of design and testing, each knife is a work of love, dedication and expert craftsmanship. We proudly believe we are the fastest growing knife company for a reason. Dalstrong supports you, our chefs, everyday and in every way we can. Your Dalstrong knives work alongside you, day in and day out, making you more effective, creative, and precise in the kitchen; delivering plates you can feel proud to present. These are knives to build a career on, and tens of thousands of professional chefs have done just that. From cooking competitions (Dalstrong supports chefs across the country building their reputation), to charitable events (we donate knives to those in need with culinary aspirations), Dalstrong loves the community, loves chefs, and the men and women who prepare food for us all each and everyday. From the heat of the professional kitchen to a simple meal for one, Dalstrong stands beside you every step of the way. #dalstrong Dalstrong Is Out To Turn An Old Industry On Its Head We love cooking. We love design and craftsmanship. Most of all though, we love bringing a feeling of pure satisfaction to chefs around the world who use our tools day in and day out. Whether you’re a hobbyist or pro, our aim is to enhance the experience of your culinary creation. Dalstrong is the new guy on the block. From a foundation of love and respect for an ancient craft, we layer on modern thinking and methods to create beautiful and innovative knives at far greater value than traditional brands. Don’t just take our word for it; look what others are saying, across the web, social media and in professional kitchens around the country. Our goal is to stir up a stodgy old industry with tools chefs love and trust, at amazing value points and with innovative design and improvements. And as a company, we’re out to build life-long relationships with exceptional products and exceptional attention to your individual needs as a chef and customer. Come cook with us. Like you, we strive for greatness every day.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Vegetable Cleavers
Whether you’re a novice in the kitchen or you’re working your way up to be a professional chef, knife skills are of the utmost importance. Not only do they ensure you are safe in the kitchen, they help you to make expert and efficient cuts. When honing your knife skills, be sure to find a knife that’s easy to use and comfortable to hold. Keep in mind that not all knives are good for cutting all ingredients.
When you’re working specifically with vegetables, many chefs and home cooks alike opt for the vegetable cleaver. Keep in mind that this is not the same tool you’d use to cut through meat or bone. While it may look similar, it’s actually designed differently. The difference is all in the height of the blade. Most meat cleavers have a blade that is between four and five inches. A vegetable cleaver, on the other hand, has a blade that is between two and three inches. This height makes it perfect for expert knife maneuvers while ensuring that the vegetables don’t get bruised or smashed.
One of the bonuses of having a large, flat blade is that it helps transport the vegetables you’ve chopped. After you’re done slicing and dicing, you can use the blade to carry vegetables over to your pots and pans. It’s also great for cleaning off your cutting board. You can use the sharp, wide blade to scrape off any bits and pieces you don’t need.
In addition to chopping vegetables, did you know that the vegetable cleaver has a few other purposes? It is the perfect shape and size to cut through small chicken bones. The dull side of the blade can also cut through a coconut shell. You can also use a vegetable cleaver to split a lobster shell and get to the juicy insides.
The Vegetable Cleaver Buying Guide
- When searching for the right vegetable cleaver for your kitchen, be sure to pay attention to the kind of material it’s made out of. Many chefs prefer stainless steel or a mixture of carbon and stainless steel as these will not rust. The Imarku 7-Inch Chinese Vegetable Kitchen Knife is made out of a German imported stainless steel that is resistant to rust and ensures cutting performance and durability. The J.A. Henckels 7-Inch Signature Vegetable Cleaver is made out of a special formula high carbon no-stain steel. The one-piece blade offers extreme precision and stays sharper longer. The Kyocera Ceramic 6-inch Nakiri Vegetable Cleaver is made from Kyocera’s proprietary zirconia material and produced in Japan. A ceramic blade will stay sharp ten times longer than a steel blade. The TUO Cutlery Vegetable Meat Cleaver Knife is made out of high carbon German steel. It’s precisely tempered and stain-resistant.
- While the blade is of the utmost importance when searching for a high-quality vegetable cleaver, you also want to pay attention to the material and shape of the handle. The handle of a knife is what provides maneuverability, control and comfort. If the handle is not shaped well or is flimsy, you risk injuring yourself or making imperfect cuts. The Imarku 7-Inch Chinese Vegetable Kitchen Knife has an ergonomic handle made out of pakkawood, which makes it comfortable to hold and maneuver. The J.A. Henckels 7-Inch Signature Vegetable Cleaver comes with an ergonomic polymer handle, which is perfectly bonded and has a full tang. The TUO Cutlery Vegetable Meat Cleaver Knife has a luxurious handle that is sourced from Africa. It’s made out of pakkawood and is easy to hold.
- Keeping your vegetable cleavers clean after use is an important element to review. Are you looking for a knife that can go in the dishwasher, or do you enjoy handwashing your knives? The Imarku 7-Inch Chinese Vegetable Kitchen Knife should be cleaned using warm water and soap in the sink. On the other hand, the Kyocera Ceramic 6-inch Nakiri Vegetable Cleaver is dishwasher-safe and can be placed in the top rack.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide