Cumbor Auto Close Extra-Wide Pet Gate, 46-Inch
Last updated date: October 30, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Extra Wide Pet Gates and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Extra Wide Pet Gate you should buy.
Update as October 30, 2020:
Checkout The Best Extra-Wide Pet Gate for a detailed review of all the top extra wide pet gates.
Thanks to this extra-wide pet gate's sturdy steel design, larger dogs are safely kept out of forbidden rooms. The gate is able to handle up to 210 pounds of pressure and measures 30.5 inches high and 46 inches wide. It's also easy to install, taking just 10 minutes to set up.
In our analysis of 17 expert reviews, the Cumbor Auto Close Extra-Wide Pet Gate, 46-Inch placed 3rd when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Cumbor Extra Wide Pet Gate – A New Level of Comfort. New Design. “Ergonomically Designed” Door Lock for fast and smooth opening!! Auto-Close. Automatically close after a push under 90°, making it more convenient. (Open past 90° to stay open.) Safe & Firm. Install with 4 wall cups to fasten the bolts against the wall more firmly and avoid baby or pet pushing down the gate. Extension Panel. 2*2.75-inch and 8.25-inch extensions included. Install extra wide baby gate with two extensions to fit spaces between 29.5 – 46 inches. Please measure the opening dimensions. Large Thru Gate. 23.6 inch Thru Gate is large enough for housewife to walk through with baby and avoid hitting the door. One Hand Walk-Thru. Easy open handle features two-touch release safety lock and hinges that allow the door to swing in both directions. How to Install. Place the gate at the hallway, doorways or stairs, rotate the bolt to adjust the distance between wall and gate until the gap of the handle is within 1 mm. You have finished the installation and if you want to lock firmly, you can adjust the bolt again. Tips: There is a gap between the gate latch and the frame which is NOT a defect. The gate you received is an unassembled one and the gap is left for installing the baby gate more firmly. After installation, the gap will be shortened to appropriate distance to lock the baby gate.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Extra Wide Pet Gates
Whether you’re training a new puppy or keeping a pet from going upstairs and disturbing your sleeping baby, an extra-wide pet gate can be a lifesaver. This type of gate is designed to fit both traditionally-sized and larger doorways. As you shop for the best available model, you’ll want to keep the following features in mind.
Determine which construction material is best. You’ll find pet gates are made out of plastic, wood and steel. Plastic models are easy to clean, yet not as durable as wood or steel. Wooden pet gates are attractive and an excellent choice as long as your pet doesn’t have a habit of chewing on wood. Steel models come in a variety of finishes that you can match to your existing furniture.
Check the extra-wide pet gate’s dimensions to make sure they match the area you need to cover. Some models are only able to extend as far as 38 inches, while others, like the Regalo 4-In-1 Extra Wide Baby & Pet Gate, are as long as 192 inches. Height is also important if you have a larger dog that can jump. Models with a height of 18 to 20 inches are great for small dogs, but you’ll want to go with a gate that has a height of at least 28 inches for bigger dogs.
Check out the various ways you’ll be able to configure the extra-wide pet gate. There are models that are only extendable. Others have hinges that rotate a full 360 degrees, allowing them to be arranged in a variety of ways. You’ll even find pet gates that can be converted into a play yard.
Consider any extras that make one pet gate stand out from another. For example, the Carlson Pet Products Lil’ Tuffy Extra Wide Pet Gate has a built-in pet door. The Summer Infant Secure Space Extra-Wide Pet Gate, on the other hand, has a walk-through door for humans. The walk-through door has auto-close and hold-open features that make it a breeze to use, especially when your hands are full.
Keep an eye out for any additional features that add value to the gate. It may be lightweight and easy to transport, or outfitted with rubber pads that prevent the gate from scratching your flooring. The Richell Wood Freestanding Extra Wide Pet Gate has side panels and doesn’t require any installation.
There are also models that have accessories you can purchase separately, such as support feet and extension kits.
The Extra Wide Pet Gate Buying Guide
- If you have a smaller breed, pay attention to the spacing between the slats of the extra-wide pet gate. If the spaces are too large, a smaller pup may get her head caught in between the bars.
- Always review how easy or difficult the pet gate is to install before you buy. Some models are extensive and time-consuming, as they are made to be more permanent.
- Opt for a steel pet gate instead of a wooden model if your dog likes to chew wood.
- Should your pet get any drool or dirt on the extra-wide pet gate, you’ll want to give it a full wipe-down. If the gate is made from wood, you’ll want to use furniture polish with a lint-free rag. Gates made from steel can be wiped down using stainless steel wipes, which you’ll find at any hardware or automotive store.
- The pricing for an extra-wide pet gate is dependent upon the construction materials, size and added features. You’ll find the Carlson Pet Products Lil’ Tuffy Extra Wide Pet Gate is quite affordable, as it is smaller than other models on the market. The Regalo 4-In-1 Extra Wide Baby & Pet Gate and the Richell Wood Freestanding Extra Wide Pet Gate are more moderately priced. You’ll pay the most for gates that have an attractive slate finish and that can be used for both pets and toddlers.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide