Cuisinart Stainless Steel Toaster, 2-Slice
Last updated date: January 19, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Pop-Up Toasters and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Pop-Up Toaster you should buy.
In our analysis of 41 expert reviews, the Cuisinart Cuisinart Stainless Steel Toaster, 2-Slice placed 4th when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note January 27, 2020:
Checkout The Best Pop-Up Toaster for a detailed review of all the top pop-up toasters.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Bring the classical beauty and powerful performance of the Cuisinart home with this timeless classic. A blending of stainless steel and black painted steel makes this toaster a must have for those who desire classical culinary design.The Compact Stainless Cuisinart 2-Slice Toaster brings retro classic design to your home and delivers performance with powerful features such as reheat, bagel and defrost functions.Clean up is easy with the removable crumb tray. It even has a cord wrap underneath the unit to manage unsightly power cords while not in use.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Pop-Up Toasters
Toasters have come a long way over the last 100 years. They are now an important kitchen appliance for just about every household. Since you’re likely to use a pop-up toaster several times a week, if not daily, you’ll want to ensure you’re getting a model that is designed to last.
Some pop-up toaster models are made from a durable stainless steel, while others are just brushed with it. You’ll even come across toasters with an outer plastic shell. These models are easy to clean but can become dented and scratched if dropped.
Consider the size of the pop-up toaster, once you’ve reviewed the construction material. Couples may be fine with a 2-slice toaster, but families with three or more members will benefit from a 4-slice toaster. The Cuisinart Metal Toaster, 4-Slice not only works for families, but also has extra-wide slots for toasting bagels, thick pieces of French toast and pancakes.
Determine whether you want your toaster to come with an abundance of options or just the basics. More affordable pop-up toasters come with just four browning settings for example, while pricier models, like the BLACK+DECKER Aluminium Toaster, 4-Slice, offer as many as seven browning settings. Then there’s the Cuisinart Stainless Steel Toaster, 4-Slice, which has push buttons instead of pull-levers, a countdown feature and a blue backlit LED display.
Keep an eye out for extras, like removable crumb trays and cord storage. The KRUPS Stainless Steel Toaster, 2-Slice has a high lift lever to raise your toast high enough above the surface of the toaster to grab it without getting burned.
DWYM Fun Fact
While our ancestors had to toast bread on a stick over a fire, we are fortunate enough today to have toasters to complete this task for us. It was in the late 1800s when the first electric toaster was invented. The pop-up toaster followed not that much later. It was patented in 1921 by Charles Strite.
The toaster has proved to be an important invention, as 75 million households consume toast on a daily basis. February 23rd was even named National Toast Day. If you have an interest in learning more about how toasters have evolved over the last three centuries, head to the Smithsonian’s National Museum of American History. You’ll find over 100 toasters on display there.
The Pop-Up Toaster Buying Guide
- Beware that many pop-up toaster models have tops that get hot enough to burn your fingers if you touch them.
- Look at where the toaster’s power cord is placed. If it’s located in the front of the unit, it may be difficult to use depending on where your outlet is and the length of the cord.
- Always unplug the pop-up toaster before you wipe it down and empty out the crumb tray. Otherwise, you risk getting shocked.
- Check for any warranties or satisfaction guarantees. It’s common for pop-up toasters to come with warranties. Some are good for 2 years without any stipulations, while others last 3 years with limited coverage.
- There are several factors that influence the price of a pop-up toaster. The BLACK+DECKER Aluminium Toaster, 4-Slice is one of the more budget-friendly options, as it’s more basic in design. The KRUPS Stainless Steel Toaster, 2-Slice and the Cuisinart Metal Toaster, 4-Slice are moderately priced, thanks to their added settings and stainless steel construction. The most costly is the Cuisinart Stainless Steel Toaster, 4-Slice, which is hi-tech and utilizes a digital display.