Cuisinart Stainless Steel Saute Pan, 5.5-Quart
Last updated date: December 14, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Saute Pans and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Saute Pan you should buy.
Editor's Note December 14, 2020:
Checkout The Best Saute Pan for a detailed review of all the top saute pans.
This saute pan is constructed with an aluminum encapsulated base. This base eliminates any hot spots, so that your food cooks evenly from start to finish. The pan is also outfitted with a cool-grip handle, tapered rim for drip-free pouring and a matching lid.
In our analysis of 22 expert reviews, the Cuisinart Cuisinart Stainless Steel Saute Pan, 5.5-Quart placed 4th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The 5.5 Quart Sauté Pan with Helper Handle & Cover is a supremely versatile pan twith high, straight sides and the flat cooking surface to maximize capacity. Sear meats, poultry and more; cover to simmer for a perfect finish with convenient measurement markings so you know exactly how much food you are preparing.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Saute Pans
Saute pans allow you to prepare a quick and delicious dish on the nights you want to cook a healthy meal, but don’t have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen. Since there are a variety of saute pans on the market, it’s helpful to know what features are available before you buy.
First, you’ll need to consider capacity. Individuals and singles would do best with a small saute pan, like the Cuisinart Nonstick Saute Pan, 3.5-Quart. Families would require a 5 or 6-quart pan if they plan on preparing any one-pot meals.
Second, review the pan’s construction material to ensure it is able to heat the pan evenly and then look to see what its maximum heat capacity is, as some saute pans are only heat safe to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. That may limit the type of dishes you want to make. The T-fal Thermo-Spot Saute Pan, 5-Quart is actually safe for temperatures up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit, which means you’ll have fewer restrictions in what you can use the pan to create.
Third, examine the pan’s handle. You don’t want a saute pan that doesn’t have a cool-to-the-touch handle or you risk getting burned. Not only is the Farberware Nonstick Saute Pan, 6-Quart’s handle able to stay cool, but it also provides a non-slip grip. On the opposite side of the pan is even a helper handle, which means you can effortlessly move the pan from the stove to the oven.
Finally, consider any other features that make the saute pan stand out. For example, the Cuisinart Stainless Steel Saute Pan, 5.5-Quart has an elegant mirror finish and a flavor lock lid. Other models offer interior pan measurement markings and tapered rims for drip-free pouring.
The Saute Pan Buying Guide
- Some saute pans are not induction-safe.
- Before cooking with your saute pan, it is important that you preheat the pan, melt the butter or heat up the oil and then add the recipe ingredients.
- Always check the product care label, as some saute pans are not dishwasher safe. If hand washing is required, use a dishrag, liquid dish soap and warm water.
- Never use a steel wool pad on a saute pan that has a nonstick coating. This will remove the coating and cause your ingredients to stick to the pan.
- Saute pans vary slightly in price with the factors affecting price being size capacity and construction materials. The Cuisinart Nonstick Saute Pan, 3.5-Quart is traditional in design and has a small capacity, making it the cheapest model on the market. You’ll find the Farberware Nonstick Saute Pan, 6-Quart costs slightly more than the T-fal Thermo-Spot Saute Pan, 5-Quart, simply because it is able to cook a larger amount of food. Finally, the Cuisinart Stainless Steel Saute Pan, 5.5-Quart commands the highest price due to its elegant mirror finish.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide