Cuisinart FCT-13 French Classic Tri-Ply Cookware Set, 13-Piece
Last updated date: November 16, 2019
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Stainless Steel Cookwares and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Stainless Steel Cookware you should buy.
Editor's Note December 30, 2019:
Checkout The Best Stainless Steel Cookware for a detailed review of all the top stainless steel cookwares.
In our analysis of 95 expert reviews, the Cuisinart Cuisinart French Classic Cookware Set, 13-Piece placed 4th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Style Name:Cookware Set | Size:13-Piece Bon Appétit! Cuisinart first produced cookware in France over 35 years ago. Today we honor that rich heritage with the Cuisinart French Classic Stainless Cookware Collection. Made in France, beautifully designed stainless steel tri-ply constructed pans with elegant handles reflect the quality of the world’s best kitchens. Now you can perform all of the classic cooking techniques in your own home, and create a lifetime of wonderful meals and memories with Cuisinart. French Classic coverFrench Classic food What's in the Box One 1-1/2-quart saucepan w/ stainless steel cover, one 2-1/2-quart saucepan w/ stainless steel cover; one 3-quart sauté pan w/ stainless steel cover, one 4-1/2-quart Dutch oven w/ stainless steel cover, one 8-quart stockpot w/ stainless steel cover, one 24-cm pasta insert, one 8-inch open skillet, and one 10-inch open skillet. Superior Performance Cuisinart's new French Classic Stainless Cookware provides consumers with everything they need to create world class meals at home. A pure aluminum core enveloped by solid stainless steel ensures professional performance, and Heat Surround Technology allows heat to be evenly distributed along the bottom and up the side walls of the cookware. Stay-cool, contoured stainless handles provide a comfortable grip and a unique thumb rest allows for superb control and aids in lifting. Versatility This multipurpose cookware set can be used on the stovetop, in the oven and under the broiler (oven-safe to 500 degree F), and is also freezer-safe, dishwasher-safe and induction-ready. The 13-piece set allows home cooks to create everything from multi-course Parisian-inspired feasts to everyday family meals. Product Features Made in France 13-piece tri-ply stainless steel cookware set made in France to the highest standards of the world's finest kitchens. Professional Triple Ply Stainless Three-layer design ensures optimal heat. A pure aluminum core enveloped by pure stainless steel provides professional performance. Exceptional Heat Heat Surround Technology allows heat to be evenly distributed along the bottom and side walls of the cookware. French Classic insert Stay-Cool Stainless Handles Contoured, stainless stick handles remain cool and provide a comfortable grip. Unique thumb rest for ultimate control and professionally riveted for durability. Comfortable Handling Solid stainless steel side grips ensure a lifetime of balanced cooking and easy lifting. Covers Seal in Nutrients Tight-fitting stainless lids seal in moisture and nutrients for healthier, more flavorful results everytime you cook. Wide cover handle makes gripping lids simple. Handle Versatile Performance Use on stovetop, in the oven, or under the broiler. Oven safe to 500 degrees F and freezer safe for food storage. Classic Convenience Dishwasher-safe cookware that retains its brilliant finish. Induction Ready Suitable for use on induction stovetops.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Our Expert Consultant
Julie Chernoff is a long-time member of Les Dames d’Escoffier (past president of the Chicago Chapter, and current co-chair of the LDEI Legacy Awards Committee), the Association of Food Journalists (AFJ) and the International Association of Culinary Professionals.
Chernoff is the dining editor of Better, a lifestyle website and print magazine. Her journalism started in the test kitchens of Weight Watchers Magazine. She holds a BA in English from Yale University and is a graduate of the California Culinary Academy. She has spent the last few decades styling, photographing, teaching, developing recipes, editing, thinking and writing about food.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Stainless Steel Cookwares
Whether you’re a beginner cook learning to make simple recipes or a professional chef working on complex cuisines, a set of stainless steel cookware is a great addition to your kitchen. While many cooks prefer to have non-stick pans or cast iron as their cookware of choice, there are definite benefits to going the stainless steel route.
According to food editor and journalist Julie Chernoff, stainless steel cookware is easily cleaned and generally dishwasher-safe. For those cooks who want a speedy clean-up after standing next to a hot stove, the ability to throw their pots and pans into the dishwasher is a major benefit. Chernoff adds that stainless steel is also lighter and more easily maneuvered than cast iron. If you have problems with your wrists or hands and don’t want to burden them by carrying around heavy dishes, stainless steel is a good choice.
What can you do with a stainless steel pan, exactly? “Stainless steel is great for browning meats and poultry, making soups and stews, sautéing veggies, and roasting and braising in the oven,” says Chernoff. “It’s incredibly versatile cookware that can help with almost any recipe in the kitchen.” Stainless steel pans can also be used on induction cooktops, adding additional flexibility.
For many cooks, the main concern about using stainless steel is food sticking to the bottom of the pan. “Stainless steel is many things,” says Chernoff. “One thing it isn’t? Non-stick. But if you remember to heat the pan before adding your cooking oil, you shouldn’t have any problems.”
For many cooks, the style and visual aesthetic of the kitchen are as important as the functionality. The pots and pans need to match the décor and work with all of the other elements in the kitchen. “Stainless steel is pretty,” says Chernoff. “It’s shiny. It’s easily cleaned to a sparkle and it goes with any kitchen decor.”
If you’re in the market for a durable cookware set, then look no further than stainless steel. “Quality stainless steel cookware is expensive for a reason — it lasts,” says Chernoff. “You won’t find anything more durable, as it won’t crack, warp, or scratch.” Plus, stainless steel cookware holds up better than other options. “It doesn’t rust as iron does, and no chemicals will leach into the food as with some non-stick surfaces, because the surface can’t be compromised,” explains Chernoff.
The Stainless Steel Cookware Buying Guide
- When you’re on the hunt for the best stainless steel cookware, be sure to pay attention to the thickness of the material. “Stainless steel absorbs heat quickly and evenly, so food cooks evenly as well,” says Chernoff. “Look for a substantially thick bottom for best results, preferably one with a tri-ply bond (often with aluminum and/or copper), as this will prevent hot spots.” The T-fal Ultimate Copper Bottom Set, 13-Piece has multi-layer strength as it’s made with several layers of copper, stainless steel and aluminum. This results in fast and even heat throughout. The copper bottom helps to channel heat from the center outward. The Cuisinart Multiclad Pro, 12-Piece has triple-ply construction that has unsurpassed heat conductivity. The pure aluminum core ensures maximum heat retention and even heat distribution, eliminating any hot spots. The Duxtop Tri-Ply Cookware Set, 10-Piece is also constructed with several layers that ensure there are no hot spots. The heat is distributed evenly along the bottom and sides of the cookware. The Cook N Home Cookware Set, 12-Piece is made of mirror-polished stainless steel with an aluminum disc bottom between layers of steel. This ensures even and quick heat distribution.
- Be sure to take a look at what kind of handles your stainless steel cookware has. For many cooks, it’s important that the handles stay cool during cooking, so it’s easy to move the pots and pans around. “Avoid screw-on handles and knobs that loosen with use, and opt instead for metal so that the pots and pans are oven-friendly,” adds Chernoff. The T-fal Ultimate Copper Bottom Set, 13-Piece has riveted stainless steel handles that are fully secure. They are ergonomically designed to provide comfort while lifting. The Cuisinart Multiclad Pro, 12-Piece and the Duxtop Tri-Ply Cookware Set, 10-Piece both have cool-grip handles that are secured with stainless steel rivets, making it easy to carry the pots while they are still warm. The Cook N Home Cookware Set, 12-Piece has stainless steel handles that are highly durable and comfortable.
- Tight-fitting lids are a necessity with your cookware. This helps to keep moisture and heat in while cooking. The Cuisinart Multiclad Pro, 12-Piece and the Duxtop Tri-Ply Cookware Set, 10-Piece both have self-basting and tight-fitting lids. The lids for the T-fal Ultimate Copper Bottom Set, 13-Piece and the Cook N Home Cookware Set, 12-Piece are made out of tempered glass, so you can see how the food is progressing without having to release any heat during cooking.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide