Cuisinart DLC-2AMR Mini-Prep Plus Processor
Last updated date: October 27, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Cuisinart Food Processors and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Cuisinart Food Processor you should buy.
Update as October 27, 2020:
Checkout The Best Cuisinart Food Processor for a detailed review of all the top cuisinart food processors.
Ideal for ingredient prep, this small food processor has two modes. It can chop or grind to help create the right texture. It takes up very little space on the kitchen counter.
In our analysis of 31 expert reviews, the Cuisinart DLC-2AMR Mini-Prep Plus Processor placed 4th when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The Mini-Prep Plus is the perfect little helper for small food preparation, from chopping herbs or bread crumbs, to finely grinding hard cheese. Its versatility lies in the special Auto Reversing Smart Blade, which makes it easier to process both soft and hard foods. Designed in Italy with the same look as Cuisinart’s newly launched Power Prep Plus, the Mini-Prep Plus’ sleek touch pad controls afford easy cleaning and an elegant look. And despite its space-saving size, it’s more powerful than other choppers. So now you can prepare small quantities of food faster and more efficiently than ever before. Features: 24 ounce work bowl with handle|250 watt motor|Auto-reversing SmartPower blade for two powerful processing options|Touchpad controls are easy to use and easy to clean|Dishwasher-safe parts|Stainless steel blade with sharp and blunt edges|Spatula|Instruction/Recipe book|Limited 18-month warranty|BPA Free.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Cuisinart Food Processors
A food processor is a versatile kitchen gadget that can help you make a variety of meals. Cuisinart is one of the oldest food processor brands, known for their high-quality and well-tested products. A Cuisinart food processor is durable, highly efficient, easy to clean and simple to use.
One of the things many people are confused by when it comes to food processors is how they are different from blenders. While both gadgets have sharp blades that finely cut ingredients and mix them together, they are not interchangeable appliances. A blender is ideal for making liquid foods while a food processor is ideal for making solid foods. For example, you can use a blender to make smoothies, sauces and drinks. The result is a really silky-smooth texture.
With a food processor on the other hand, you can make finely chopped vegetables, breadcrumbs, pasta dough, pastry dough and textured dips like hummus. It’s the perfect appliance when you need a crumbly or chunky texture to your food, as opposed to a perfectly smooth liquid texture. It’s an incredibly useful device that can help you make almost any meal of the day – including dessert.
The Cuisinart Food Processor Buying Guide
- When you’re on the hunt for a Cuisinart food processor, consider the size you need first. Think about the serving size of recipes you make most often and how many people you cook for on a regular basis. A small food processor has a bowl size of around 24 ounces. This is good if you’re cooking for one or two people or making sides and garnishes. A medium to large food processor ranges between 8 – 14 cups. This is best if you have a large family, like entertaining or making big batches of food at a time.
- While the size of the food processor is key for usability, you’ll want to take a look at the motor for efficiency and speed. Cuisinart motors are powerful, and typically range between 350 to over 700 watts. They have strong performance ratings and last through vigorous use. If you don’t have a strong motor, you won’t be able to mix ingredients that can be sticky like dough.
- Cuisinart food processors have a dishwasher-safe bowl so cleanup is easy. Once you’re done using it, carefully remove the blades — using gloves if possible. You can hand wash the blades and place the bowl directly in the dishwasher.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide