Cuisinart 5-in-1 Griddler
Last updated date: May 18, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Indoor Grills and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Indoor Grill you should buy.
Update as April 27, 2020:
Checkout The Best Indoor Grill for a detailed review of all the top indoor grills.
If you're searching for an indoor grill with added features, the Cuisinart 5-in-1 Griddler is your best bet. This model lets you grill burgers, cook eggs and bacon and make tasty paninis. The non-stick coating is BPA-free and prevents foods from becoming stuck to the grill, even when high heat is used.
In our analysis of 18 expert reviews, the Cuisinart 5-in-1 Griddler placed 1st when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
With five separate cooking options, the Cuisinart; Griddler; can handle everything from pancakes and sausages to grilled cheese to steaks, hamburgers, and panini. A floating cover and one set of reversible plates turn the Griddler; into a contact grill, panini press, full grill, full griddle, or half grill/half griddle. Dual temperature controls ensure everything is perfectly cooked every time on the removable dishwasher safe nonstick cooking plates for easy meals and clean up.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Indoor Grills
There’s just something about food that’s been cooked on the grill that makes it more flavorful. When the weather turns wet or cold, however, you won’t be able to use your outdoor grill. That’s when having an indoor grill comes in handy. If you’d like to add an indoor grill to your appliance collection, keep the following features in mind:
Determine what serving size is best for your family. Many indoor grills are made to cook for just two people at a time. That’s great for individuals and couples but isn’t ideal for families. The George Foreman Grill and Panini Press can cook four servings at a time. There are even models out there that are capable of grilling enough for six people.
Check how well the indoor grill heats the grilling plates. For example, the Philips Kitchen Appliances Indoor BBQ Grill uses advanced infrared technology and special reflectors to keep the grilling plates a consistent 446 degrees Fahrenheit. Some models allow you to set the plates to a specific temperature, as well as grills that reach temperatures as high as 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
Look for extra features that make using the indoor grill easier. You may prefer a unit with indicator lights that reveal when the grill is fully preheated, or a model that has an extra-large drip tray to protect your countertops while cooking. The Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Grill even has a viewing window, so you can check on the progress of your dish at any time.
Think about what you want your indoor grill to be capable of. You don’t have to stick with a model that only grills food. There are also grills, like the Cuisinart 5-in-1 Griddler, that can also bake pie, cook eggs and make paninis.
The Indoor Grill Buying Guide
- It’s important to note that many indoor grill users report that their grills released a caustic smoke the first time they used it.
- Always check the length of the grill’s power cord. Some are extremely short, making it so you can’t cook away from the power outlet.
- Consumers warn that excess grease and oil can drip onto a kitchen countertop if the grill’s lid isn’t opened evenly.
- Since your indoor grill is electric, you’ll need to take care when you clean it. Most have removable plates and drip pans that can be hand washed or placed in a dishwasher. Make sure you unplug the grill and wait for it to cool before you start the cleaning process. The exterior of the grill and any plates that don’t come off can be wiped down using a soapy dishrag. Wipe the unit down a second time with just a wet rag. You can wait for the grill to air dry or dry it with a lint-free cloth.
- If you want to make clean up even easier, line the grill plates with aluminum foil. Once you’re done cooking, all you need to do is remove the foil and toss it in the trash.
- You’ll notice that the price for an indoor grill varies greatly. Some of the factors that cause the price to go up are added features and a larger serving size. The George Foreman Grill and Panini Press is the most basic model, making it one of the more affordable indoor grills on the market. The Cuisinart 5-in-1 Griddler acts as five machines in one, while the Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Grill can cook six servings at once. For those reasons, the two grills are moderately priced. The Philips Kitchen Appliances Indoor BBQ Grill commands the highest price, as it uses advanced infrared technology to keep food heated evenly.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide