Crystal Allies Multipurpose Home Himalayan Salt Lamp
Last updated date: September 20, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Salt Lamps and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Salt Lamp you should buy.
Update as September 20, 2022:
Checkout The Best Salt Lamps To Add A Cool Vibe To Your Home for a detailed review of all the top salt lamps.
Our Best Value pick comes with two salt lamps for the price of one. Both lamps have a lovely, soothing glow and dimmer switches. Though some users reported that the light bulbs can be difficult to change, this bargain find has garnered stellar reviews otherwise.
In our analysis of 45 expert reviews, the Crystal Allies Multipurpose Home Himalayan Salt Lamp placed 6th when we looked at the top 17 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The Himalayan Mountains formed over the course of millions of years where continental collision between the Indo-Australian Plate and Eurasian Plate lifted the sea floor and trapped portions of the ancient oceans within these mountain ranges. As these ancient oceans separate and dried up, they left significant brine deposits that became buried within the Earth. Deep within these numerous pockets laid troves of ancient treasures, the origin for Crystal Allies Himalayan Salt Lamps. Each and every lamp is hand carved and sits securely atop a wooden base. The hollowed-out core houses a low-wattage bulb, steadily exuding a serene and warm glow that immediately fills any room. DISCLAIMER: Crystal Allies and its agents will not be held responsible for any claims for injuries, damages, or losses resulting or connected with the use of the Himalayan Salt Lamp. Our company and its agents will not be held responsible for any and all liability related to mishandling, improper use, or unintended applications of the Himalayan Salt Lamp. Information provided by Crystal Allies is for educational purposes only and is not intended to prevent, diagnose, or treat any medical condition or disease. Not for human consumption. 1) Each Salt Lamp should be connected to its own socket. 2) Do not plug in Salt Lamp with major appliances connected to the same socket ( TV’s, Refrigerators, Computers, Ovens, etc) 3) Avoid extension cords at all times.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Salt Lamps
If you’ve stepped into a day spa or visited a very zen friend over the past year or two, you may have noticed a new decor trend: Himalayan salt lamps. The ubiquitous amber accessories have skyrocketed in popularity, thanks to their relaxing vibe and anecdotal health benefits.
Himalayan salt lamps aren’t actually orange. They’re made by placing a light bulb inside chunks of pink Himalayan salt, which gets its shade from minerals present in the salt. The light from the bulb inside gives the pink salt chunks a soothing orange hue that lightens the mood in any room.
“True” Himalayan salt lamps are crafted with salt sourced from mines in Pakistan. Several of our top picks have certified salt from Pakistan, including the Spantik Wood Base Himalayan Salt Lamp. The lamps usually sit on striking wooden bases, like the LEVOIT Touch Dimmer Himalayan Salt Lamp. But some options use stainless steel bases.
You can achieve your ideal level of relaxing light with a dimmer switch on lamps. Most options are also available in multiple sizes. Some lamps come in packs of two so you can add various sized lamps and a range of illumination to any corner of a room.
Some people buy Himalayan salt lamps because of their purported health benefits. Himalayan salt may release negative ions into the air, which is the same process used by commercial purifiers to help you breathe cleaner air. While there are no scientifically backed studies affirming that Himalayan salt lamps can release enough ions to purify your air, their beautiful glow definitely brings a calming vibe into your home.
The Salt Lamp Buying Guide
- Before you buy your Himalayan salt lamp, consider where you’ll be using it. Do you want a lamp that emits a relaxing glow in your bedroom, or are you looking to create a more laid-back office environment? If you’re invested in a single salt lamp for your home, a hefty pick that’s an impressive 8 to 11 pounds is worth a look. These are not exactly travel-friendly, but most will emit a strong amber hue. Other lamps weigh 6 to 7 pounds and comes in packs of two, so you can bring one lightweight lamp to the office and keep another at home.
- If you want to use your salt lamp at night, you might nod off in its dreamy glow. An auto shut-off feature can prevent burns or electrical issues.
- Do you have young children or rambunctious pets in your household? If you do, you’ll want to keep your salt lamp on a higher shelf so it doesn’t get knocked over and break. You’ll also want to keep the cord out of sight so that kids don’t trip over it and animals don’t treat it like a chew toy.
- Take a look at what kind of bulb your lamp requires before you buy it. This will save you some time and effort when you need to buy replacement bulbs. Many models require 15-watt E12 bulbs. However, other lamps may use different styles of light bulbs. For example, some use a B15 bulb that can accommodate up to 25 watts of power.
- Scope out the walls in your room to determine where your power outlets are located. This can help you figure out the proper cord length for your salt lamp. Most salt lamps are not recommended for use with extension cords. That means you’ll either need to place your lamp very close to a power outlet, or you’ll need to buy one with a longer cord.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide