Cricut EasyPress 2
Last updated date: August 24, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Die Cutting Machines and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Die Cutting Machine you should buy.
Update as August 22, 2021:
Checkout The Best Craft Die Cutting Machine for a detailed review of all the top die cutting machines.
You won't have to wait for this craft die-cutting machine to warm up. Unlike other craft die-cutting machines, it can heat up in 60 seconds or less. It reaches temperatures as hot as 400 degrees Fahrenheit. You'll also get convenient notifications once the device has heated up, as well as beeps when the device is about to go to sleep due to inactivity.
In our analysis of 40 expert reviews, the Cricut EasyPress 2 placed 6th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Ideal for jumbo-size projects. Now with adjustable heat up to 400℉ (205 C). Cricut EasyPress 2 gives you professional iron-on results in 60 seconds or less. Combining the speed of a heat press and the convenience of iron, EasyPress gives you fast and foolproof results that really stick, even after repeated washes. Eliminate guesswork with rigorously tested time and temperature settings for every project, apply gentle pressure, and when the beep sounds, you’re done! Helpful safety features include an insulated resting base and auto-shutoff feature. EasyPress is lightweight, portable, easy to store, and compatible with major brands of heat-transfer material. And of course, it’s a perfect complement to Cricut cutting machines.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Die Cutting Machines
A craft die-cutting machine can be the perfect tool for any crafter’s workshop. Over the years, these devices have evolved from their original design that needed cartridges to cut out letters and shapes. Today’s craft die-cutting machines can print out die-cuts that are designed on your mobile device or computer, opening up the possibilities for what you can do with them.
If you’re interested in designing on your mobile device, though, it’s important to find a craft die-cutting machine that’s compatible with the operating system you use. Some machines have larger image libraries than others as well, with some featuring big-name designers as part of the free library they provide.
But not all craft die-cutting machines are created equal. Some can cut through extremely tough fabrics like leather and vinyl, while others can handle delicate fabrics like lace. If you plan to work with a wide range of fabrics, look for a machine that can adjust to the thickness and type that you’re using.
Craft die-cutting machines have also improved in their ease of use. Not only can you get started right out of the box, but today’s machines also have notifications built in that will let you know when your machine is warmed up and when it’s about to shut down due to inactivity. You’ll also find that some machines can quickly warm up, which means you’ll be able to complete a cut any time you need to without having to wait an extended period of time.
Crafting doesn’t always happen at home. If you craft with friends, perhaps through retreats or casual get-togethers, you’ll love that some craft die-cutting machines are ultra-portable. Not only are these machines lightweight and small, but they also have a handle that makes them easy to carry. Even if your machine never leaves the house, though, a smaller machine will more easily fit into your crafting room.
The Die Cutting Machine Buying Guide
- For crafters, it’s all about the designs. Some models let you upload your own images or choose from a large selection in their free library. Other models also feature built-in image libraries, with hundreds of patterns from big brands like Simplicity and Riley Blake.
- Before you buy a craft die-cutting machine, think carefully about the types of materials you’ll want to use. The Cricut Explore Air 2 can cut through foils, leather and vinyl, among many other material types. Other models are especially good with thick materials, like glitter heat transfer vinyl.
- For quilters, you’ll want to look for a craft die-cutting machine that can cut fabric without the need for heat and bond.
- Some machines can cut all types of fabric without you needing to add interfacing or backing to it to reinforce it.
- Some models use a technology called the Adaptive Tool System, which features 10 times the cutting power of other machines. It adapts to the depth of the fabric you’re using at a given time.
- Waiting for your craft die-cutting machine to warm up can be frustrating. A model that heats up in 60 seconds or less is an excellent choice.
- Whether you’re new to craft die-cutting machines or not, ease of use is important. Look for a model that beeps to notify you once it reaches the preferred temperature, as well as before shutting down due to inactivity. Another handy feature to watch for is the ability to remember the settings you last used.
- Cleaning and maintenance can be time-consuming, so look for a machine that lasts through many uses with minimal maintenance.
- It’s important to note that these aren’t professional-grade die-cutting machines. However, they’re great for home craft projects that you wouldn’t have been able to do without a craft die-cutting machine.
- For those concerned about staying within a budget, keep in mind that you can find a machine that fits your budget, depending on the bells and whistles that are included.
- In order to print designs from your mobile device, you’ll need to download an app onto your phone.
- A loud craft die-cutting machine can be a nuisance, especially if you use your maker when your family is around. Some are quieter than others, so keep that in mind before purchasing.
- Technologies seem to always be changing. Some models are fully expandable, which means as new tools like blades and pens are released to the market, you can easily add them.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide