Cricut Easy Press
Last updated date: December 6, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Die Cutting Machines and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Die Cutting Machine you should buy.
In our analysis of 39 expert reviews, the Cricut Cricut Easy Press placed 6th when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note June 4, 2020:
Checkout The Best Craft Die Cutting Machine for a detailed review of all the top die cutting machines.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
PROVO CRAFT- Circuit Easy Press. The Circuit Easy Press combines the speed and consistency of a heat press with the ease and convenience of an iron. Simply cut your design from heat transfer vinyl, weed the design by removing excess pieces, place the Easy Press on the fabric, press go and, in less than 60 seconds, your design will be transferred to your shirt. To adjust temperature and time, you can use the on board settings. The Easy Press is PORTABLE, unlike traditional heat presses, the Easy Press won't break your back (or your table! ). The Easy Press is SAFE, all the heat is on the bottom, and with the heating dock, you can arrange your design and then move the Easy Press over, so you don't have to watch your hands for potential burns. The Easy Press is VERSATILE, you don't need a whole section of your craft room dedicated to housing it. Pull it out when you need it, press your projects and store it away. Unlike swing-away or clam shell presses, you can use the Easy Press on your work surface, then move it out of the way (perfect if you have limited space). There is no need for big muscles, simply hold the Easy Press in place while pressing on a flat surface.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Die Cutting Machines
A craft die-cutting machine can be the perfect tool for any crafter’s workshop. Over the years, these devices have evolved from their original design that needed cartridges to cut out letters and shapes. Today’s craft die-cutting machines can print out die-cuts that are designed on your mobile device or computer, opening up the possibilities for what you can do with them.
If you’re interested in designing on your mobile device, though, it’s important to find a craft die-cutting machine that’s compatible with the operating system you use. Some machines have larger image libraries than others as well, with some featuring big-name designers as part of the free library they provide.
But not all craft die-cutting machines are created equal. Some can cut through extremely tough fabrics like leather and vinyl, while others can handle delicate fabrics like lace. If you plan to work with a wide range of fabrics, look for a machine that can adjust to the thickness and type that you’re using.
Craft die-cutting machines have also improved in their ease of use. Not only can you get started right out of the box, but today’s machines also have notifications built in that will let you know when your machine is warmed up and when it’s about to shut down due to inactivity. You’ll also find that some machines can quickly warm up, which means you’ll be able to complete a cut any time you need to without having to wait an extended period of time.
Crafting doesn’t always happen at home. If you craft with friends, perhaps through retreats or casual get-togethers, you’ll love that some craft die-cutting machines are ultra-portable. Not only are these machines lightweight and small, but they also have a handle that makes them easy to carry. Even if your machine never leaves the house, though, a smaller machine will more easily fit into your crafting room.
DWYM Fun Fact
Craft die-cutting machines are generally used for cutting fabrics, but their versatility shows in the many products they can make. Crafters regularly use them to make vinyl car window stickers, leather tablet cases, clothing, purses and pillows. Once you’ve purchased a craft die-cutting machine, you can start exploring all the possibilities. However, in order to be able to make many of these things, you’ll need a machine that can handle the type of fabric you’ll need to use. Whichever craft die-cutting machine you choose, you’ll likely be able to use a basic Google search to track down a list of things you can make with it.
The Die Cutting Machine Buying Guide
- For crafters, it’s all about the designs. The Cricut Explore Air 2 lets you upload your own images or choose from the large selection in its free library. Other models also feature built-in image libraries, with hundreds of patterns from big brands like Simplicity and Riley Blake.
- Before you buy a craft die-cutting machine, think carefully about the types of materials you’ll want to use. The Cricut Explore Air 2 can cut through foils, leather and vinyl, among many other material types. The Cricut EasyPress 2 is especially good with thick materials, like glitter heat transfer vinyl.
- For quilters, you’ll want to look for a craft die-cutting machine that can cut fabric without the need for heat and bond.
- Some machines can cut all types of fabric without you needing to add interfacing or backing to it to reinforce it.
- Some models use a technology called the Adaptive Tool System, which features 10 times the cutting power of other machines. It adapts to the depth of the fabric you’re using at a given time.
- Waiting for your craft die-cutting machine to warm up can be frustrating. The Cricut EasyPress 2 heats up in 60 seconds or less, achieving temperatures of up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Whether you’re new to craft die-cutting machines or not, ease of use is important. The Cricut EasyPress 2 beeps to notify you once it reaches the preferred temperature, as well as before shutting down due to inactivity. Another handy feature of the EasyPress 2 is that it remembers the settings you last used. A quick start guide will walk you through your first project, so this one is great for beginners.
- Cleaning and maintenance can be time-consuming, so look for a machine that lasts through many uses with minimal maintenance.
- It’s important to note that these aren’t professional-grade die-cutting machines. However, they’re great for home craft projects that you wouldn’t have been able to do without a craft die-cutting machine.
- For those concerned about staying within a budget, keep in mind that you can find a machine that fits your budget, depending on the bells and whistles that are included.
- In order to print designs from your mobile device, you’ll need to download an app onto your phone.
- A loud craft die-cutting machine can be a nuisance, especially if you use your maker when your family is around. Some are quieter than others, so keep that in mind before purchasing.
- Technologies seem to always be changing. Some models are fully expandable, which means as new tools like blades and pens are released to the market, you can easily add them.