CREATIVE XP Digital Infrared Night Vision Goggles
Last updated date: March 29, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Night Vision Goggles and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Night Vision Goggles you should buy.
Update as March 29, 2021:
Checkout The Best Night Vision Goggles for a detailed review of all the top night vision goggles.
These night vision goggles have a long battery life. They can be used for up to 4 hours with the infrared setting on and up to 8 hours with it off. As an added bonus, the goggles come with a neck strap, 32-gigabyte microSD card, phone and computer card reader and a protective storage case.
In our analysis of 54 expert reviews, the CREATIVE XP Digital Infrared Night Vision Goggles placed 3rd when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Clearly See in 100% Darkness - While other night vision spy gear can't provide high-quality photos & videos without ambient light, drain your batteries within minutes or they are impossible to focus and zoom, the GlassOwl High-Tech Night Vision Binoculars feature an 850 NM infrared illuminator which allows you to view animals in pitch dark for hours. The focus is smooth making it simple to capture crisp photos & videos. Use the 4" screen to view them. Don't Let Night Stop Your Adventure - If you love spotting wildlife during the night, hunt coyotes & feral hogs, monitor your cattle, or just keep a watch out for intruders, we designed the most efficient digital IR Night Vision Binoculars. Imagine being able to capture clear photos & videos in pitch black, save everything on the memory card included, and instantly download them to show your friends. *Comes with a phone/computer card reader. It's never been easier. Our mission is high-end optics at affordable prices - We are an American family business and our products are tested by optics experts for an unforgettable experience. The Night Vision Scanners have been developed to withstand military activities thanks to the rugged housing and it feels comfortable to hold. One customer said it perfectly: I blacked out my house at night and turned this bad boy on and I could see everything. Test them yourself. A Perfect Gift with a 4" Viewing Screen - If you are looking for an innovative gift for a family member, the GlassOwl Spy Goggles will get anyone excited. It features a 4-inch TFT screen making it easy to view photos instantly (even with glasses) and the 2X digital zoom (3.5-7X optical zoom) allows you to see even 1300 feet away. The fully multi-coated 31 mm objective allows for crystal-clear viewing. We recommend rechargeable AA batteries. Make someone happy. For the People, By the People - We take pride in designing only premium optics for hunting, camping, fishing, farm security, or outdoor fun. The GlassOwl includes a protective case, phone/computer SD card reader, neck strap, 32 GB SD card, USB cable, and an easy-to-read user manual. It's compatible with Bushnell or Sightmark tripods and does not include the 8 AA rechargeable batteries. Our US-Based customer service is available via phone/email every day.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Night Vision Goggles
If you’re an international spy who needs a new pair of night vision goggles to work under the cover of darkness, you’ve come to the right place. Not involved in espionage? No worries — night vision goggles are a great accessory for nighttime games, hunting and more.
Owls, foxes and other nocturnal mammals have stellar night vision, but their abilities don’t translate to humans. Luckily, night vision goggles can help you see clearly in the dark for hundreds of yards.
Night vision goggles work in a few different ways. Some goggles use a tactic called image enhancement. This grabs tiny amounts of ambient light from a source (like a person or a deer) to give you a nighttime view.
You’re probably familiar with the way image enhancement looks in night goggles. It’s the classic green shade often featured in movies and TV shows when a character is sneaking around in the dark.
Other goggles use thermal imaging to create night vision. Thermal imaging captures portions of the infrared light spectrum that we can’t normally see at night, then picks up on heat and uses it to create a grayish or blue image.
However, night vision goggles have come a long way from image enhancement and thermal imaging. Decades of research and development in night vision goggles have made the view clearer than ever.
Now, they can amplify much smaller amounts of light for a more detailed view, and it helps you become more aware of your surroundings. Color night vision goggles are becoming the norm.
Newer goggles can deliver crystal-clear views from a much greater distance than their predecessors. Some can help you see up to 1,000 feet away.
Some night vision goggles can also take photographs and record videos. Look for binoculars that have a microSD card slot to store any visuals you want to keep. They offer 7x magnification in darkness and 2x Digital Zoom create clear videos and photos that you’ll want to keep around.
Many night vision goggles provide monocular vision. That means you’ll only see out of one eye when you’re using the goggles.
Other models let you see in the dark through both eyes. Binocular-style goggles are great for taking video or doing quiet outdoor activities like bird watching. Monocular styles often come with headgear for hands-free use.
You don’t want to ruin your new investment when faced with a sudden downpour. Look for a model that has a rugged, water-resistant design, as this will make a great addition to any outdoor adventure. Some night vision goggles also have a tough rubber exterior to protect against drops.
Night vision goggles are amazing tools. If you’re having trouble deciding which goggles are best for your, our Tips & Advice will send you in the right direction.
The Night Vision Goggles Buying Guide
- How will you use your goggles? If you’re looking for a pair that you can use while you’re hunting, you’ll want a hands-free design with a long focus range. Some models can be adjusted to fit perfectly on your head, and you can keep your rifle or other supplies at the ready. If you want something that has more bells and whistles to capture exciting moments at night, a feature-rich pair might be up your alley.
- How often will you use your goggles? If you’re only going to trek around in the dark occasionally, a budget choice might be best. If you’re serious about hunting, fishing or camping, investing in the pricier model might be worth it.
- Do you prefer a monocular set of night vision goggles or a binocular set? Monocular sets tend to be lightweight and easy to carry. They frequently come with a headset or lanyard for easy viewing. Binocular night vision goggles are heftier but have more accurate depth perception.
- Modern night vision goggles have fun features like photography and video recording. Some also have an image capture option. Consider a model that has a high-resolution camera for both photographs and video, with an anti-glare coating on each lens for clearer images.
- Taking care of your goggles is essential for their performance and longevity. Humidity can damage the goggles and create image distortion. If your goggles don’t already have built-in water resistance or weatherproofing, you’ll need to buy a case to protect them. Water can also sneak in if you replace your batteries in a damp area. A weather-proof battery case will keep your batteries dry as you change them out.
- To clean your goggles’ lenses, use compressed air to knock out any debris. Then, you can use a disposable lens cleaning cloth from Nikon or other camera companies to gently wipe away smudges. And, make sure to always use your lens cover when you’re not using your goggles.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide