Craftsman Portable Magnetic Socket Organizer
Last updated date: June 2, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Magnetic Socket Organizers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Magnetic Socket Organizer you should buy.
In our analysis of 5 expert reviews, the Craftsman Craftsman Portable Magnetic Socket Organizer placed 5th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note June 3, 2020:
Checkout The Best Magnetic Socket Organizer for a detailed review of all the top magnetic socket organizers.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
ITEM SPECIFICATIONS: This magnetic socket holder allows you to store up to 26 1/4” drive Metric sockets; 13 shallow and 13 deep sockets. Socket holder sizes include: 4mm, 4.5mm, 5mm, 5.5mm, 6mm, 7mm, 8mm, 9mm, 10mm, 11mm, 12mm, 13mm and 14mm. Sockets are not included with the holder. DESIGN CONSIDERATIONS: This socket holder is designed to accept both deep and shallow 1/4” drive Metric sockets. A soft, rubberized covering over the bottom of the tray prevents damage to finished surfaces. QUALITY: These socket holders are made from heavy duty high impact plastic and feature powerful earth magnets to hold your sockets in place. Your sockets aren’t going anywhere! RELIABLE | EFFECTIVE | EFFICIENT: Users trust ARES to be Quality Tools. You are backed by our Performance Assurance.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Magnetic Socket Organizers
Lumping all your socket drivers together in a toolbox or the drawer of your tool chest isn’t ideal. You’ll have to spend time unnecessarily looking for the right tool in the right size. Instead, opt for a few magnetic socket organizers to display and store the driver sockets. There are a few different types of organizers on the market, so you’ll want to carefully consider the special features of each before you buy.
Start off looking at the size of the driver sockets you need to store. You’ll notice that each magnetic socket organizer is designed for driver sockets of a specific size. You may need a 1/4-inch, 1/2-inch or 3/8-inch socket organizer. The important thing is that you don’t purchase the wrong size.
Consider how many driver sockets the unit is able to handle. There are small sets that hold just 14 sockets, which is fine for do-it-yourself individuals, as well as larger models that have a 30-socket capacity, which is more ideal for professional mechanics.
Look at the magnetic socket organizer’s construction next. You’ll find some organizers are made from a high-quality ABS plastic. The Olsa Tools Premium Magnetic Socket Organizer, however, is designed using ultra-strong rare earth magnets that not only hold your sockets firmly in place, but also allow the unit to effortless mount to any steel surface. That means you can stick it to the side of your metal tool chest or to the inside of your truck bed.
Check for any special features that add value to the magnetic socket organizer. For example, the Lisle 40120 Magnetic Socket Organizer has a built-in handle that makes it portable. The Precision Defined Metric Magnetic Socket Organizer comes equipped with metric markings for easy identification and access. There are also strips that are rust resistant with special technology that allows you to twist and lock the sockets securely in the organizer.
DWYM Fun Fact
Since hand tools are on the smaller side, they are often easy to misplace. This is especially true if you aren’t utilizing any type of storage system. Of course, clutter itself is known for being a source of stress, as well as a time waster. Whether you have a collection of tools to work on your own car in your home garage or a set of tools for work, you’ll need to utilize a few key organizers to keep everything neat and easily accessible. You can start with a magnetic socket organizer to line up your various driver sockets.
The Magnetic Socket Organizer Buying Guide
- Some reviewers report that the metal holder is thin easily bendable. They also warn that certain models use weak magnets that are not strong enough to hold the driver sockets in place.
- Look to see if the company supports any special causes with your purchase. For example, the ARES Aluminum Rail Magnetic Socket Organizer is manufactured by a company that belongs to the ASPCA Business Ambassador Program. That means they support finding dogs and cats forever homes.
- If your magnetic socket organizer becomes dusty, dirty or covered in grease, you can clean it with a dish rag, hot water and a grease-fighting dish detergent. Rinse the unit clean afterward and immediately dry it with a lint-free towel to prevent metal models from rusting.
- Magnetic socket organizers are versatile and can be set up on a shelf, placed in a tool chest drawer, or kept in a cabinet, in addition to mounting them to metal surfaces.
- Look for an organizer with a rubber bottom, as this allows you to store the organizer on any surface without causing any scratches.
- You’ll find magnetic socket organizers come in both red and blue, so you can buy them in a color that matches the other storage items in your workspace.
- The price for a magnetic socket organizer varies based on construction material, the number of driver sockets it holds and any extra features it may have. The Lisle 40120 Magnetic Socket Organizer is one of the most affordable models on the market, while the ARES Aluminum Rail Magnetic Socket Organizer and the Precision Defined Metric Magnetic Socket Organizer are more moderately priced. You’ll pay the most for the Olsa Tools Premium Magnetic Socket Organizer, which is made using an ultra-strong rare earth magnet.