COVERGIRL Perfect Point Plus High-Pigment Liquid Eyeliner
Last updated date: August 6, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Liquid Eyeliners and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Liquid Eyeliner you should buy.
Update as September 7, 2022:
Check out The Best Liquid Eyeliner for a detailed review of all the top liquid eyeliners.
In our analysis, the COVERGIRL COVERGIRL Perfect Point Plus High-Pigment Liquid Eyeliner placed 6th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
PERFECTION: Get the perfect makeup look with just one coat. MESS-PROOF APPLICATION: No-smudge eyeliner has a precise tip that does not tug or smudge. LONG WEAR: This liner lasts for up to 12 hours. MULTIPLE COLORS: Choose from several gorgeous shades. CRUELTY-FREE: Rest easy knowing we never test our products on animals.
Liquid Eyeliner Rankings
Liquid Eyeliner Overview
If you’re looking for a way to make your eyes stand out, a good liquid eyeliner can help you create both bold and defined styles. This type of eyeliner lasts a long time since the formula is usually waterproof, so you don’t have to worry about smudging or touch-ups during the day. You’ll want to consider the desired effect, ease of use and your application skills to decide which liquid eyeliner is best for you.
You should first think about the color that would suit you. Black is the classic liquid eyeliner option and can provide a bold look. However, you could also consider brown if you want something more subtle. Your eye color may also guide you. For example, any color usually looks great with brown eyes, while a brown liner helps blue eyes stand out. Reddish tones are a good option for green eyes.
Liquid eyeliner comes in pen and non-pen versions. Pen eyeliners can be easier to use since you apply them the same way you’d draw with a marker. In addition, they’re less messy since you don’t have to dip the applicator in a container of liquid liner like you do with non-pen versions. However, pen eyeliners can dry out more easily unless you store them carefully.
Liquid eyeliner pens often have a felt tip that allows the liner to go on smoothly. The pen tips come in various thicknesses for either thick or fine lines, and some products are dual-sided for flexibility. However, felt tips can take some practice to master — it’s easy to make a too-thick line, so they’re not always the best for precision.
On the other hand, brush-tip liquid eyeliners make it easier to create very thin lines. These are available in both pen and non-pen forms to give you flexibility. While it can also take more time to master applying this type of liquid liner, the flexible tip gives you a lot more control over your look. Therefore, this type of liquid eyeliner works well whether you want something bold or subtle.
Liquid eyeliner formulas also come in different finishes and options. Matte liners are most common since they suit everyday wear, while glossy liners add shine to your look. While most liquid liners are waterproof, some aren’t. So, you’ll want to consider how long you need the liner to last and how easily you want to be able to remove it.
- Consider using a primer before putting on your liquid eyeliner and other eye makeup for a smoother, easier application.
- For the best results, start at the inner eye corner when you put on your liner and then carefully move the applicator across your lash line. Starting with a thin line is best since you can always go back over it. It helps to keep a makeup wipe handy too in case you need to remove and reapply the liquid liner.
- If you’re new to using liquid eyeliner, it’s normal to face a learning curve. It helps to watch some tutorials or get advice from a makeup professional before trying it on your own.
- Regardless of the liquid eyeliner color you choose, keep in mind the pigment will look bolder than a comparable eyeliner pencil would.
- Always keep your liquid eyeliner tightly sealed and at room temperature to prevent it from drying out. If this does happen, first try giving the eyeliner container a good shake. Then, try putting the eyeliner container for a short time in warm water to see if that helps.
- Once you open your liquid eyeliner, use it within six months. Toss the rest at that point, since bacteria can form. Also, don’t use your eyeliner if it has a strange smell or becomes clumpy.
- Liquid eyeliner takes time to dry, so you may want to close your eyes for a bit after application to prevent it from smearing.
- The waterproof nature of liquid eyeliner means a more challenging removal process. You’ll want to make sure you get a good makeup remover solution or wipes and avoid scrubbing too hard. You can consider using cotton swabs to help remove residue from your waterline.
- If you have any sensitivities, be sure to check the ingredients list to make sure the liquid eyeliner won’t cause you issues. You might also prefer vegan formulas. If you wear contact lenses, make sure the formula is marked as safe for use with them.