COVERGIRL Lightweight Cruelty-Free BB Cream
Last updated: October 5, 2023
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top BB Creams and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best BB Cream you should buy.
This BB cream is designed to enhance skin to improve elasticity. It leaves your skin looking radiant and hydrated. The cream has SPF 21 protection.In our analysis of 28 expert reviews, the COVERGIRL Lightweight Cruelty-Free BB Cream placed 2nd when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
CRUELTY FREE: Our products are not tested on animals. INSTANT SKIN ENHANCER: This natural-looking radiance works as a moisturizer to improve elasticity. HYDRATING: This lightweight cream blends effortlessly onto skin to offer a smooth appearance that comes without clogging pores. LIGHTWEIGHT: Allows your natural radiance to shine through. SPF PROTECTION: SPF 21 for broad spectrum protection from harmful UVA and UVB rays.
What experts liked
BB Cream Rankings
If you’re looking to create the appearance of flawless skin, you need to use the right beauty products. However, with so many to choose from — such as foundation, concealer, highlighters and more, it can be confusing to know just where to start. BB cream is a good choice if you want to combine multiple products into one while still getting that perfect fresh-faced look.
“BB” stands for blemish balm. However, this beauty product does a lot more than just cover up imperfections in your skin. It actually works as a three-in-one product, combining foundation, primer and moisturizer into one product. It’s a daily-use cream that helps you look your best without having to layer on product after product.
If regular foundation feels too heavy and thick for your beauty taste, then BB cream is an excellent alternative. It’s a lightweight product that still offers medium to full coverage that you get by using a regular foundation. Plus, BB cream has a smooth texture, so it evens out your skin tone and ensures your skin looks perfect from every angle.
When you’re searching for BB cream, you’re bound to encounter CC creams and DD creams as well. Is there a difference? Absolutely. CC cream is a color correcting product, which is ideal if you have redness in your skin and want to smooth it out. DD cream is for daily defense, and helps those who want to infuse their skin with protective ingredients. Can you use all three? You can, but they aren’t designed to be used together all the time. Be sure to check out the different applications for each specific product to ensure you’re using it in the right way.
- When applying BB cream, start by putting a tiny dab of product — about the size of a dime — on the back of your hand. You only want to use a small amount as this product provides full coverage without a thick layer. Use a flat makeup brush to get some product and dab it onto your face on the main points. You should add a dot to the forehead, chin, cheeks and nose. This is a better way of applying an equal amount of product to your face as compared to rubbing the product on your hands first and then rubbing it onto your face.
- Use your makeup brush to pat the cream on your skin. Go in a circular motion for the best results. It’s better to tap and pat the makeup instead of smearing it on. This way, you will get better coverage results that look smooth and natural.
- Let the cream absorb into your skin for a few seconds and then assess the results. If you notice any dark circles or scars peeking through, simply add on a little more product to those areas using the same method.
- If you prefer to get a dewy look instead of a matte look, you can do this by changing up your applicator. When you use a damp makeup blender instead of a flat brush, the makeup will look more moist and dewy, giving you that lovely glow.
- BB cream offers adjustable coverage depending on the amount you use. If you want lighter coverage, simply use less product. If you want heavier coverage, layer on the product just on the areas that need it.