COVERGIRL Lash Blast Amplify Lightweight Pre-Mascara Primer
Last updated: August 4, 2022
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Pre-Mascara Primers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Pre-Mascara Primer you should buy.
Made by Covergirl, this 0.44-ounce neutral white eyelash primer features a lightweight, creamy formula that contains coconut, jojoba and coconut oils for healthier lashes from the roots all the way down to the tips. It glides on easily and dries quickly, too.
In our analysis, the COVERGIRL Lash Blast Amplify Lightweight Pre-Mascara Primer placed 2nd when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
INSTANT LASH BOOST: Eyelash primer maximizes the look of your favorite Covergirl mascara. FROM ROOT TO TIP: Lashes look thicker and longer from root to tip. CREAMY FORMULA: The creamy, lightweight formula glides on evenly to coat every lash. HEALTHIER LASHES: Nourishing argan, jojoba, and coconut oils strengthen and condition lashes. CRUELTY-FREE: Covergirl products are Leaping Bunny Certified by Cruelty-Free International, meaning they are never tested on animals.
Pre-Mascara Primer Rankings
You use foundation primer on your face and eyeshadow primer on your lids, so why not use a base coat of product under your mascara? Pre-mascara primers come in tubes that look like regular mascaras, but the product inside is either clear, white or white with a subtle tint. That gets covered up by the mascara, though, so you won’t see the lighter color.
These primers create moisturizing shields around each lash and contain oils, waxes and other smoothing ingredients that make mascara cling better. They prep the lashes for what is to come, giving them more volume, definition and sometimes curl. Some also contain nourishing ingredients like oils, waxes and collagen that keep eyelashes healthy and moisturized. If you want even more volume, shop for ones that contain mini fibers.
Like mascaras, these primers come with different kinds of applicator brushes. Some products offer a primer on one side and mascara on the opposite for added convenience. Primers are usually less expensive than mascara, and you only need to put on one coat. Follow that up with one or more coats of your regular mascara.
To apply a pre-mascara primer, curl your eyelashes first. Apply one thin layer of primer from the roots down to the tips of your lashes and allow to dry for 30 seconds. Then, you can put on your favorite mascara. It only takes about a minute or two to put on the primer, which adds almost no time to your daily routine.
- To ensure even coverage, apply the pre-mascara primer in a zig-zag motion or wiggle it as you brush it through your lashes.
- You can stick with the same eyelash primer and mascara brands, but you don’t have to.
- Pre-mascara primers also help to prevent clumping.
- Even when makeup is dermatologist-tested and cruelty-free, it can still cause allergic reactions. If your eyes get red, burn or sting, stop using the product and contact the manufacturer.
- Misusing eye makeup can also cause problems. Don’t apply it in a moving vehicle, and never let anyone else share it. Avoid using makeup products if you have an eye infection.
- Some people moisten dried-out mascara and primer with saliva, but this is also a bad idea. Discard old eye makeup after three months, and replace it with new products.
- Keep your eye makeup clean; dirt and oil can lead to eye infections.