County Line Kitchen 2 qt. Cold Brew Coffee Maker with Flip Cap Lid
Last updated date: November 23, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Cold Brew Coffee Makers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Cold Brew Coffee Maker you should buy.
x In our analysis of 160 expert reviews, the County Line Kitchen County Line Kitchen 2 qt. Cold Brew Coffee Maker with Flip Cap Lid placed 0th when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note December 16, 2019:
Checkout The Best Cold Brew Coffee Maker for a detailed review of all the top cold brew coffee makers.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Product Description Save money and have the convenience of cold brewed coffee anytime! _______________________________________________ You don't have to pay 5 dollars for a cup of cold brew and you don't have to leave home to get one. A County Line Kitchen cold brewer will pay for itself in no time flat! It's easy, fun and convenient to brew your own cold brew with County Line Kitchen's mason jar brewer! Just fill the filter basket with coffee, add water and let it steep overnight. In the morning, you will have a cold brew concentrate that is ready to drink! With the generous 2 quart brewer, you can brew enough cold brew concentrate to last you all week. The cold brew concentrate can be stored in a refrigerator for up to two weeks without any degradation of flavor. When you're ready for a cold brew, just pour some concentrate over ice using our convenient flip cap lid and dilute with water or milk to your liking! The style and durability of a mason jar with the convenience of a flip cap lid! _________________________________________ Your brewer includes a stylish and sturdy flip cap lid. Use this lid when brewing or storing your coffee. When you're ready for a drink, simply flip the cap open and pour some out. No mess, no fuss! The County Line Kitchen flip cap lid is rugged and leak proof. The flip cap is attached securely, it will never fall off. The caps on other lids fall of easily which can lead to leaks and frustration. The integral silicone seal insures that you will never have any leaks. The unique design of the seal also allows for easy removal of the lid, no need for gorilla hands to open the jar! Open the flip cap and pour out your brew without fear of the cap flopping back down into the coffee stream and making a big mess. The flip cap is designed to automatically stay in the open position once opened. The strongest, most durable filter available! ________________________________________________________________________ The goal at Count Line Kitchen is to make the highest quality, most durable products. County Line Kitchen makes products that will last a lifetime! The filter is made of a heavy gauge stainless steel mesh. The mesh is so strong that we can stack over 100 pounds of weight on it without crushing! The filter will easily withstand years of use and washing. We have worked very hard to create a seam that has absolutely no sharp edges and that will never come apart. The seam on our filter is folded over on the inside and outside so that no sharp edges are exposed. We have conducted extensive testing of different meshes to select the optimal mesh size and strength. Other meshes are very weak and can be very easily damaged. Meshes with larger openings can let too much coffee grounds through while finer meshes prevent the water from properly flowing through the coffee grounds and result in a weaker brew. Many other uses - make cold brewed tea or infuse water and oils! ____________________________________________________ This versatile piece of equipment is more than just a cold brew coffee maker. You can use the brewer to brew your own cold brewed tea. Infuse water with fruit flavors. Infuse oils with spices. With the flip cap lid, it is easier than ever to use the brewer as an infuser! Simply put your flavorings in the jar, insert the filter, fill the jar and screw on the lid. When you are ready to drink or use your infused liquid, simply open the flip cap and pour out your liquid. The filter will keep all of your flavorings in the jar while the delicious liquid is decanted!
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Cold Brew Coffee Makers
Cold coffee has taken off in popularity in recent years, thanks to the inventiveness of various coffee shops. But you don’t have to pay for an iced latte at a drive-thru on your way to work. You can make cold brews in the comfort of your own home.
Your first instinct may be to simply brew regular coffee and pour it over ice. But there are a couple of problems with that. One is that cold brew coffee typically has a stronger coffee-to-water ratio, which means your homemade cold brew may turn out far weaker than you’re used to getting at your favorite coffee shop.
Another issue, as explained by expert Julie Chernoff, is that iced coffee may take too long to brew. Chernoff is a longtime member of Les Dames d’Escoffier, the Association of Food Journalists (AFJ) and the International Association of Culinary Professionals. With a cold-brew coffee maker, you get an appliance dedicated to making a delicious cup of iced coffee.
“The one thing that a cold brew coffee maker can save you is time,” says Chernoff. “Doing it on your own can take half a day or more to really extract the flavor of the coarsely ground coffee beans, whereas a cold brewer does the job in under ten minutes.”
Not all cold brew coffee makers operate at that rate of speed, though. With some models, you’ll find you have to brew for a half a day or more. That means you’ll need to make tomorrow morning’s coffee as soon as you get home from work today to ensure it tastes good. But many of today’s cold brew coffee makers come with airtight lids that mean your brew will stay fresh between several days and two weeks. If you choose a brewer with a 2-quart capacity, that means you could make a batch on Sunday and drink on it for several days, depending on your daily consumption.
DWYM Fun Fact
In addition to the less bitter taste, there are a few other things drawing consumers to cold brew coffee. One is the fact that the coffee-to-water ratio is much higher, which means you’ll be getting a bigger jolt of caffeine with each sip. If you add creamer or milk, though, you’ll dilute the caffeine concentration. The cold brew variety also tends to be less acidic, which can help if you have a sensitive stomach. This reduced acidity also leads to the less bitter taste. For those who head straight to a morning workout after waking, cold brew coffee may also be an easier-to-stomach companion to sweating, although too much caffeine during a workout can lead to unpleasant side effects like an abnormal heart rhythm and blood pressure.
The Cold Brew Coffee Maker Buying Guide
- Some consumers simply prefer the taste of cold brew coffee, which is one of the reasons it’s become so popular. It tastes completely different from hot coffee that has been poured over ice.
“Cold brew has a distinctly different flavor profile than traditional hot drip coffee; it leaches out the bitterness that often plagues drip coffee,” says Chernoff. “It’s strong and sweet and far less acidic. The rapid brew versions use an electric pump to manufacture internal vacuum pressure to circulate water through the grounds.”
- But even within cold brew coffee makers, the taste experience can vary from one to another. One thing affecting taste is the coffee’s freshness, particularly if you won’t be drinking it soon after brewing. Look for a brewer that includes a lid with a tight seal to keep your coffee fresh for days at a time.
- If you don’t like the first cup of coffee your cold brew coffee maker puts out, don’t give up. You can often tweak the drip settings or adjust the number of beans you use to get just the right concentration of coffee to water.
- One of the biggest differentiators between cold brew coffee makers is the design. If you have specific preferences, this will immediately push some ahead of others. Some look like Mason jars, while others have a design similar to a beaker. You’ll also find cold brew coffee makers that are designed for you to easily take it with you as you head out the door.
- Capacity is also an important decider. If you plan to consume less than a few cups of coffee a day, a 32-ounce brewer will likely work just fine. However, if you have more than one coffee drinker in your household, a 2-quart coffee maker may be a better choice. The larger option could also be a good pick if you would like to make coffee for several days at once.
- As with other drip coffee brewers, you’ll need a filter to hold the coffee while the water passes through it. Some cold brew coffee makers have reusable mesh filters while others rely on paper filters. With the latter, you’ll need to consistently purchase new filters, so that’s an expense to keep in mind.
- In addition to the difference in reusability, some filters do a better job than others at keeping grounds from ending up in your coffee. Look for one that will give you the purest cup possible.
- Markings make some coffee makers easier to use than others. Look for a brewer that has markings that make it easy to see liquid levels.
- Some cold brew coffee makers are dishwasher safe, but with others, you’ll have to wash by hand. Also consider how difficult it will be to clean your filter. You may find it easier to just dump the filter with the grounds, especially since coffee grounds can cause plumbing and septic issues.
- With many cold brew coffee makers, you’ll need to be a little more patient than with the instant brewers used for hot coffee. In some cases, you’ll need to plan to make it before bed at the latest and let it brew all night.