CottonColors 3D Decorative Window Film, 35×79-Inch
Last updated: May 20, 2021
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Decorative Window Films and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Decorative Window Film you should buy.
Durability sets the CottonColors 3D Decorative Window Film, 35x79-Inch apart from others in the industry. The colors won't fade even after years of use, and you won't have to worry about rips and tears. You'll also enjoy privacy and insulation against outside weather.In our analysis of 33 expert reviews, the CottonColors 3D Decorative Window Film, 35x79-Inch placed 11th when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Cottoncolors window film use glue-free materials, easy to install, gives privacy and decorate while allowing plenty of light in. Meanwhile, Cottoncolors window film will block 96% of UV-Rays,protect your skin and furniture. Privacy Effect for Different Distance This pattern of window film will provide you a good privacy. It is highly recommended for the privacy needed place, such as a washroom ,bedroom or basement window. You will love to have a DIY with it to decorate your kitchen, living room and front doors etc. Let’s go to dress up you windows! Enviromental Recyclability Reputably Enviromental All materials of Cottoncolors Window films are NON-TOXIC and pollution-free. Recyclability Self-sticker (No-glue) design makes the window film reusable.Keep the glass clean. Reputably Excellent texture provides you with privacy and beauty at the same time. Scene Tips for Installation: A clean and smooth glass surface without any dust, fiber or any kind of texture is needed. The transparent back cover must be peeled off; otherwise, the film will fall off when the water is dry. Do not apply to the window frame. Cut off excessive edges after application if needed. The film may be a little tough and its adhesive effect will be impacted in winter. Solution: use hair dryer or warm water to soft it. ( Heat resistance is under 176℉). clean and wet the window measure and trim the window film install the window film 1.Clean the window glass. 2.Wet the window glass with soapy water.( PS: Mix a little soap or detergent with a lot of water) 3.Measure windows and trim film. 4.Affix taps on both sides to remove the transparent backing film. (PS: It is a very important step that the window film cannot be stuck if it is ignored) 5.Install the film to the glass. 6.Squeeze out water and air bubbles with a smooth tool, such as a credit card or a spatula. (No spatula or squeegee is included in this item). mosaic bubble Tulip Pattern bamboo criss-cross Stripe Pattern Masaic Pattern Big Bubble Pattern Tulip Pattern Cute Bamboo Pattern Criss-cross Pattern Stripe Pattern Privacy Level 3.5-Star 4-Star 4-Star 4-Star 3.5-Star 5-Star Recommand for Bathroom? No No No No No ✓ Static ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Our Expert Consultant
Home Improvement Expert
Vicki Liston writes, produces, and narrates “On The Fly…DIY,” an award-winning home improvement and DIY show of unique project tutorials for the casual DIY’er.
Home improvement and all things DIY have been Liston’s passion since she bought her first house in 2007 and she started making video blogs in 2014. She’s performed hundreds of DIY projects, from small ones to major, wall-smashing renovations and can teach you how to make a trendy DIY barn door for cheap. The proceeds earned from “On The Fly…DIY” are donated to no-kill animal shelters and rescue organizations.
Decorative Window Film Rankings
Windows are great for letting light in, but they can bring privacy issues. If you have a big window in your bathroom, for instance, you may feel self-conscious in there at night, especially if you have neighbors nearby.
With decorative window film, you can keep the very thing you like about your house’s windows while still maintaining privacy. You’ll have a wide range of design options to match your own room’s décor, including stained or frosted glass. But beyond your personal preferences when it comes to aesthetics, there are a few very important things to consider.
Vicki Liston serves as writer, producer and host of “On The Fly…DIY,” a home improvement show that helps consumers with their DIY projects. She recommends a film that uses water for application. Just spray the film with water to activate, then attach it directly to the window glass.
“Water-based films hold up better to drastic seasonal changes, so you won’t have to worry about peeling corners when the temperatures outside drop to freezing,” Liston says. “The disadvantage to adhesives, though is that they contain polyvinyl chloride. If you’d rather purchase an eco-friendly alternative, PVC-free decorative films are also available. These adhere via static cling but do require water to create an attachment between it and the glass.”
Even if you choose a water-based film, though, durability can be an issue. Some window films fade in color over time, which means you’ll have to replace them more often than you’d planned. If you’re renting a place for a short time, this may not be as much an issue as if you’re planning to stay in the same house for many years.
Of course, if you‘re looking for a window film, chances are you have an application in mind. If you’re going for a bathroom or bedroom window, be aware that with some films, those on the outside may still be able to see in somewhat, especially if they’re near the window. Fine details will be impossible to make out, but they might still be able to see shadows and movement, keeping you from having the total privacy you’re after.
- The first thing to consider is how your chosen film will be applied. Some require water, while others use static cling to adhere to the window. The Rabbitgoo 3D Mosaic Window Film, 18×79-Inch just requires a quick spray of either water or soapy water to stick to the window. If you ever want to remove it, you’ll only have to peel it off. It doesn’t leave a residue.
- As with any items that adhere to a surface, you’ll need to press down on your window film to remove any air bubbles.
“Decorative window film is easily applied with a water spray bottle and a rigid piece of plastic, like a credit card,” Liston says. “Some privacy window films come with squeegees or scrapers but don’t feel like you need to purchase them separately to get the job done. The best advice I’ve ever received is to ‘measure twice and cut once.’ There’s nothing worse than cutting your film, only to realize your measurements were wrong.”
- Once the air bubbles are out and your window film is in place, you can use either a razor blade or box cutter to remove any excess. This can take some of the pressure off to cut your film exactly to size before you install it.
- Some decorative window films can also serve as insulation between your house and the temperatures outside. The Rabbitgoo 3D Mosaic Window Film, 18×79-Inch, and the Coavas Cling Decorative Window Film, 17.7×78.7-Inch help keep air and heat inside your house when you need it, as well as ensuring the outside weather remains outdoors.
- Although design preferences vary from one person to the next, the Rabbitgoo 3D Mosaic Window Film, 18×79-Inch has a stained glass look. Other models have a medieval design that some may prefer, while the small mosaic squares of the Rabbitgoo 3D Mosaic Window Film, 18×79-Inch sets it apart from the others.
- If privacy is your top concern, it’s important to note that not all decorative window films are equal. There are films that provide extreme privacy from a distance, but as someone comes closer to the window, they don’t block quite as much. The Rabbitgoo 3D Mosaic Window Film, 18×79-Inch does tend to blur visibility, but movements and shadows can still be detected from the other side.
- It’s important to find a film that provides privacy without blocking the natural light coming in. Although the Rabbitgoo 3D Mosaic Window Film, 18×79-Inch blocks approximately 96 percent of UV rays, it lets a soft natural light in that enhances your surroundings.
- You’ll want a film that will look good and offer privacy for many years. The Coavas Cling Decorative Window Film, 17.7×78.7-Inch not only doesn’t fade, but it also doesn’t tear very easily.
- Window films don’t just work for small windows. You can use them on sliding-glass doors and storm doors. Although they’re popular for bathrooms and bedrooms, you can also use them in kitchens, living rooms and entryways. They’re also great for office buildings, retail shops and hotels.