COSTWAY Express Compact Countertop Portable Ice Maker With Scoop
Last updated date: March 14, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Portable Ice Makers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Portable Ice Maker you should buy.
Update as March 26, 2020:
Checkout The Best Portable Ice Maker for a detailed review of all the top portable ice makers.
In our analysis of 74 expert reviews, the COSTWAY Countertop Portable Ice Maker placed 6th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Portable Ice Maker and Wide Applications—–With a size of 9.5” x 14” x 13”, this countertop ice maker is small enough for most countertops and easy to carry with. You can perfectly use it on a barbecue, in a garden party or a family gathering. Portable and compact design, the ice maker is ideal for bar, tea shop, KTV, kitchen and office. Whenever and wherever you are, ice is there. Fast and Efficient Ice Making—–Equipped with high-power compressor, 9 corrosion-resistant condenser and R134a refrigerant and a 2.2L/74oz water tank, the ice maker is environmental friendly, low noise and energy-efficient, our ice maker produces 9 ice cubes within only 6-13 minutes, which enables you to have fresh and good ice every day. The Countertop ice maker even can even produce up to 26.5 pounds of ice per day and you can enjoy the ice as you like. Multiple Smart Functions and Convenient Operation—–Our ice maker indicators will remind you to take out the ice cubes when the basket is full and inform you to add the water when the ice maker lacks of water. Simple and clear control panel is user-friendly enough for you to operate. Monitor the ice producing situation by the transparent viewing window and use removable ice basket and ice scoop to remove ice, providing a great convenience for you. Bullet Shape and Available Ice Size—–Our COSTWAY ice maker is Different from other ice maker, the round and smooth bullet-shaped ice won’t hurt your mouth. The hollow design enables the ice float on your drink without affecting its taste. Our ice maker has two sizes (small & large) of ice cubes available to be selected, which are always used to cool drinks and food. Superior Material and Easy to Clean—–Made from food grade materials, our ice maker, certified with ETL, can offer healthy ice cubes for you, ensuring your eating safety. Durable ABS surface is smooth and smudge-resistant. The countertop ice maker is very easy to clean. You are able to wipe the stains with a rag easily to keep it spotless and shiny. Besides ,With a outlet and drain plug at the bottom, easy to empty the unused water. It is perfect for home and easy to maintain.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Portable Ice Makers
The days of filling ice cube trays with water and waiting for them to freeze are long gone, thanks to built-in ice makers. But not everyone has a state-of-the-art freezer. Even if you have one at home, you may buy an RV or own a rental cabin that lacks ice-making capabilities.
For those situations, a portable ice maker is all you’ll need. Taking up minimal counter space, these appliances act as a handy addition to any modern kitchen. You’ll simply need to routinely add water to the reservoir, then wait for the container to begin to fill with ice. Although many ice makers require a full day to fill the container completely, many begin providing ice in less than 15 minutes.
But in recent years, ice makers have become popular even with those who have the capacity built into their freezers. Some dispense cylindrical ice, similar to what you get from a hotel ice machine. However, others offer that small, bullet-shaped ice similar to what you get at fast-food chains like Sonic. If you’re shopping for ice makers for that reason, pay close attention to the type of ice each one produces to make sure you’re getting what you want.
The Portable Ice Maker Buying Guide
- One thing to consider before buying a portable ice maker is that you’ll have to manually refill the reservoir on a daily basis to keep the ice going. Some ice makers can use melted ice cubes to make new ice, but once you’re out of water, new ice will no longer be produced.
- It’s also important to consider the water capacity of the water reservoir. The smaller the reservoir, the more often you’ll have to fill it to keep the ice flow going.
- If you’re concerned about your carbon footprint, look for an ice maker with eco-friendly options. Some can pull any melted cubes into the water reservoir to make fresh cubes. Still others draw less power, saving on electricity.
- Noise is a consideration, particularly if you spend time near your kitchen. If this is a concern, look for an ice maker that boasts quiet operation.
- Ice size is an important factor in the ice maker you buy. Some units come with multiple ice size options, letting you switch back and forth between larger and smaller cubes.
- If you plan to only use your ice maker occasionally, note how long it will take to produce the first few cubes of ice from the time you insert water. Many start providing ice in less than 10 minutes, which can come in handy if you’re just occasionally firing up your machine.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide