COSTOM Mechanical & Optical Keyboard PBT Keycaps
Last updated date: November 4, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best you should buy.
Update as November 4, 2021:
Checkout The Best Keycaps for a detailed review of all the top .
These keycaps are ideal for intensive gamers who prefer extra-thick walls. The keycaps are fade resistant and backlight compatible. They can work with most mechanical keyboards.
In our analysis, the COSTOM COSTOM Mechanical & Optical Keyboard PBT Keycaps placed 7th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
PBT Dye Sublimation : With high-quality PBT keycaps and an anti-grease coating, these 108-key keycaps provide top-notch durability and a great feel for your typing. Advanced five-sided sublimation technology makes the pattern not fade. Extensive Keycap Selection: Consists of 108 keycaps and additional stabilizers which fit all Mechanical and Optical keyboards, as well as any key switch with a cross-shaped axis, a good choice for you to DIY your mechanical keyboard(Extra 4 keycaps for DIY are provided). Backlight Compatible & Fade-Resistant: the keycaps are crafted with extra-thick walls fit for intensive gaming that produce satisfying, solid keystrokes. Unique doubleshot construction process for thin fonts allows for RGB lights shine through without issue. Compatible with most Mechanical Keyboards: Coming with a full set of 108 keycaps, and this keycap set works with most 87/104/108 Cherry MX Switches Mechanical Gaming Keyboard and Outemu, Kailh and Gateron switches and fit most standard ANSI keyboard. Warm Tips: Keycaps only, The keyboard in the picture is only for the demo and is not for sale.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On
If you’re a gamer with a mechanical keyboard, you know one of the best ways to upgrade your keyboard is with a new set of keys. You can completely change the look and feel of your keyboard to enhance your gaming experience.
Most keyboards come with mass-produced keycaps that are dull and plain. If you’re spending hours each day at your keyboard, it’s much more exciting to have something lively and fun to look at. Not only do keycaps come in stunning colors with cool effects, but you can also get them made from more durable materials so they won’t fade or break with heavy usage. With so many different types of keycaps available though, how do you choose the set that’s right for you?
One of the most important elements to consider when you’re buying new keycaps is the material they are made out of. The two most common options you will find are ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) and PBT (Polybutylene Terephthalate). ABS is the more affordable choice, and it’s typically also quieter when typing. The material has a shiny look that can wear over time. PBT is more costly and creates a satisfying sound when used. The look is more matte and textured than ABS. This material is also highly durable.
The Buying Guide
- Many people have a specific preference when it comes to the profile, or overall shape, of the keycap. Common varieties include flat and rounded keycaps. Some styles include different rows of keys having a particular height to create a concave or sloped shape on your keyboard.
- Uniform keycaps have a flat top, while sculpted keycaps have a slightly angled surface. The benefit to having a sculpted keycap is that your fingers don’t have to stretch as far when typing. Most people prefer sculpted keycaps, but some like the look of the uniform variety. Many gamers prefer a cherry profile for their keycaps. This is a sculpted variety that is efficient and comfortable to use.
- Before purchasing your keycap set, make sure that it is compatible with the size and layout of your keyboard. Some keycap sets are for tenkeyless layouts, so it’s important to check for a match before you get a new set. Keep in mind some keyboards have a differently sized Enter key on the right-hand side, so it’s best to make sure your keycaps will fit it properly.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide