CorningWare Round And Oval Ceramic Bakeware Casserole Dish, 12-Piece
Last updated date: July 9, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Casserole Dishes and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Casserole Dish you should buy.
Editor's Note July 10, 2020:
Checkout The Best Casserole Dish for a detailed review of all the top casserole dishes.
In addition to being attractive, this casserole dish set is quality made. It's designed not to chip or crack easily and is safe enough to use in both an oven and a freezer. The surface is also non-porous, which means you won't have to worry about pesky stains and odors.
In our analysis of 46 expert reviews, the CorningWare CorningWare Ceramic Casserole Dish, 12-Piece placed 1st when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The recipe for a great Dish starts, surprisingly, with a great Dish! Corning ware French White bakeware proves that when it comes to food preparation, few things are more convenient than Baking and serving in one dish. With its classic, fluted design, French White oven-to-table bakeware imparts a traditional elegance that is a perfect complement to any decor. Versatile yet stylish, Corning ware French White is simple, from start to finish! Set includes 2. 5 oval and 1. 5Qt round with glass and plastic cover, 16oz round with plastic cover, two 4oz ramekins and 24oz round with plastic cover.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Casserole Dishes
The casserole dish an integral part of American cuisine. Many recipes baked in a casserole evoke feelings of nostalgia and comfort, such as macaroni and cheese, sweet potato casserole with marshmallows and creamy chicken with broccoli and rice. Many casseroles are one-dish meals, combining protein, grains, vegetables and dairy. Often, the recipe calls for a crunchy topping like breadcrumbs, baked cheese or crispy onions. Usually, the meal can be cooked and served in the same dish, making clean-up a breeze. This convenient cooking method is popular in homes all across the country.
Both savory and sweet recipes can be baked in a casserole dish. For savory meals, you’ll find creamy or saucy mains and side dishes that are cooked in the casserole dish. On the sweet side, desserts such as fruit cobblers, crisps and bread puddings, or even a cake, can be baked in a casserole dish.
What constitutes a casserole dish, and does the food give the cooking vessel its name, or vice versa? The modern casserole dish is a deep dish that is made out of glass or a ceramic material. One of the key elements of a casserole dish is that it is oven-safe since many casserole recipes require baking the food once assembled. Often, a casserole dish does not come with an oven-safe lid, as many recipes need to bake uncovered. However, many modern casseroles come with rubber lids which are useful when storing the food.
Many common recipes for casseroles require a specific size of dish: the 9 by 13 pan. This is a useful size to have for both savory and sweet recipes. If the recipe calls for a specific size of dish, it’s best to use that size otherwise you’ll need to adjust the cooking time of your casserole. Less or more surface area of the dish can result in the recipe cooking faster or slower than expected.
The Casserole Dish Buying Guide
- One of the most important things to look for when purchasing a casserole dish is the size of the cooking vessel. You want to make sure that it’s the right size for cooking your main meal, dessert or side dish. The CorningWare Ceramic Casserole Dish, 12-Piece comes with one 2.5 oval and one 1.5-quart round with covers, one 16-ounce round with cover, two 4-ounce ramekins and one 24-ounce round with cover. This enables you to cook a main meal, a side and store leftovers as needed. Other models may contain 3-cup, 6-cup and 11-cup rectangular dishes, so you can make a variety of meals. If you’re looking for variety, go with a set that has two 8-inch round cake pans, one medium loaf pan, one 9×13-inch cake pan, one 12-cup muffin pan and one 10×15-inch baking sheet.
- If convenience is a purchasing factor for your kitchen items, then consider buying a casserole dish that comes with a plastic lid. This way, you can not only cook the food in the same vessel that you serve it in, but you can also store it in the same dish too. The CorningWare Ceramic Casserole Dish, 12-Piece comes with lids for all of its dishes minus the four ramekins.
- Having a lid also makes it easy to transport your casseroles to dinner parties, picnics and potlucks. If you want to ensure your dish remains warm or cold, a casserole carrier is a handy device you need to look into. Look for a model that has two compartments that can each hold a 9×13 casserole dish. It’s also a good idea to go with one made with Triple-Tek foam insulation and a Temperfoil radiant barrier for exceptional heat and cold retention. This way, your guests will be able to enjoy the food as you intended it.
- Many casserole recipes require baking the dish in the oven. That’s why it’s critical that your casserole dishes be oven safe. The CorningWare Ceramic Casserole Dish, 12-Piece and the Lodge Cast Iron Casserole Dish With Lid are both oven safe, as is the Emile Henry HR Modern Casserole Dish.
- For easy cleanup, be sure to look for a casserole dish set that can go straight into the dishwasher. Both the Emile Henry HR Modern Casserole Dish and the CorningWare Ceramic Casserole Dish, 12-Piece can be cleaned in the dishwasher. They are also both safe to put in the freezer and the microwave, making them a convenient kitchen item.
- Unless you’re always cooking the same recipes in the same dishes, you’re going to want to look for a casserole dish that won’t stain or absorb odors. That way, you can make lasagna in your casserole dish one day and an apple crumble the next day, without worrying about your dessert smelling like cheese and tomato sauce. The Pyrex Easy Grab Glass Casserole Dish is made out of non-porous glass, so it won’t absorb any food stains, odors or flavors.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide