CORNERJOY Kitchen Sink Strainer Basket, 4.5-inch
Last updated date: October 24, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Kitchen Sink Strainer Baskets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Kitchen Sink Strainer Basket you should buy.
In our analysis of 45 expert reviews, the CORNERJOY CORNERJOY Kitchen Sink Strainer Basket, 4.5-inch placed 6th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note November 4, 2019:
Checkout The Best Kitchen Sink Strainer Basket for a detailed review of all the top kitchen sink strainer baskets.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
From The Manufacturer
Kitchen Sink Strainer：Perfect for daily utilitarian use for long-lasting protection against clogging. 尺寸 Micro-perforation: 2mm dia holes. Efficient anti-clogging shield lets liquid flow seamlessly into the drain while it blocks food particles. Stainless steel sink strainer fits most sink drains and garbage disposals.micro perforations the strainer efficiently prevents even the smallest food particles from going through. Debris are caught while liquid goes through unrestricted. Anti-clogged: 2mm small holes, water away, debris catch, effectively stopper to food particles, vegetables and other kitchen debris, trash go to drain pipe, anti-clogged. Easy wash with warm soapy water to keep the mirror finish shine impeccable over time. Dishwasher safe.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Kitchen Sink Strainer Baskets
Kitchen sink strainer baskets are important for two reasons. First, they allow you to trap the water in your sink to soak pots and pans or wash dishes. Second, they keep dirt and food particles from entering your pipes and causing a clog. If you’re in the market for a new strainer basket, there are a few things you’ll want to look for.
Start off examining the material that the kitchen sink strainer basket is made out of. Most are constructed using stainless steel, which has a host of benefits. It’s extremely durable and hard to dent or ding. It’s also resistant to rust and corrosion.
Next, flip the strainer basket over and examine the underside. You want the basket to have a built-in sink protector. Usually, these are made of silicone. They are designed not to scratch the surface of your sink.
Count how many strainer baskets you need. The Fengbao Kitchen Sink Strainer Basket, 4.5-inch comes in a 2-pack for kitchens with dual sinks. In the event that you have dual-sinks and a garbage disposal, you’d do better with the Helect 3-Pack Kitchen Sink Strainer Basket, 4.5-inch.
Look at the size of the basket’s holes, also called perforations. The tinier the holes, the less food will slip down into your drain. You can get a strainer with holes as tiny as 2 mm in diameter.
Determine whether you want your kitchen sink strainer basket to have a stopper or not. The EverFlow Kitchen Sink Basket Strainer Basket, 3.5-inch has a stopper in the center, which gives you the added benefit of filling the sink with soapy dishwater. You can clean your dishes or soak a baking dish that has a little stuck-on food attached to it.
Check for any extra features that set the strainer apart from other models. For example, some have wider rims, while others, like the MSC International Kitchen Sink Strainer Basket, 4.5-inch, are colored to match the theme in your kitchen.
DWYM Fun Fact
Farzana Syed, an artist and native of New Jersey, creates beautiful works of art using, you guessed it, a kitchen strainer! The type of painting is referred to as fluid painting, which Syed witnessed when she attended an art show in New York.
Syed creates her masterpieces by placing several paints that are complementary in color in a measuring cup. The cup is then carefully poured into the kitchen strainer, which sits on top of a canvas. That canvas is either left stationary or spun while the paint is being poured into the kitchen strainer. The result is absolutely breathtaking. You may even want to purchase a kitchen strainer just to give this painting method a try!
The Kitchen Sink Strainer Basket Buying Guide
- Consider creating an additional seal to keep water from seeping out the basket’s sides. This can be done easily and inexpensively using plumbers putty. You have the option of applying the putty to the basket’s under rim or around the edge of the sink itself.
- Most kitchen sink strainer baskets are dishwasher safe, but if you purchase one made of plastic, you’ll have to wash it by hand. All you need is a little liquid dish soap and warm water. If you have trouble dislodging food particles from the basket holes, use a toothbrush.
- It’s a good idea to disinfect your strainer basket every so often. You can do this with a bleach wipe or by pouring a little white distilled vinegar over the basket and wiping it down with a rag. Rinse the basket clean afterward and then place it back in your sink so it’s ready for use.
- If your sink has a drain that is smaller or larger than the average sink, you’ll want to make sure the strainer basket that you purchase will fit properly. Always measure the drain’s diameter in inches, as this is the measurement that you’ll find on the product packaging.
- Pricing varies among kitchen sink strainer baskets for several reasons. The Fengbao Kitchen Sink Strainer Basket, 4.5-inch, for example, costs more than the MSC International Kitchen Sink Strainer Basket, 4.5-inch because the package actually contains two strainers. Even though the Helect 3-Pack Kitchen Sink Strainer Basket, 4.5-inch has more baskets than the EverFlow Kitchen Sink Basket Strainer Basket, 3.5-inch, it still costs less because the EverFlow basket has an added stopper that gives it a bigger value.