CORESEAT Ergonomic Standing Ball Desk Office Chair
Last updated date: September 17, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Ball Desk Office Chairs and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Ball Desk Office Chair you should buy.
The unique design of this chair engages your core no matter what position you’re in. it helps increase circulation and supports your back and shoulders by working your core. You can customize the ball to your preferences. In our analysis of 53 expert reviews, the CORESEAT CORESEAT Ergonomic Standing Ball Desk Office Chair placed 4th when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note September 17, 2020:
Checkout The Best Ball Desk Office Chair for a detailed review of all the top ball desk office chairs.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
The all in one perfect solution for stand up desks. The unique shape of the seat will ensure your core remains active and spine in the correct position all day. Allowing you to relax and let that creativity flow. Welcome to the world of Active Sitting!
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Ball Desk Office Chairs
If you find you finish your workday with aches and pains in your back, neck, shoulders and arms, it may be as a result of your posture while sitting. One way to solve that problem is by choosing a completely different type of chair. A ball desk office chair is a yoga ball that is designed specifically for sitting. When you’re sitting on a ball desk office chair, you naturally need to engage your core muscles to help you stay balanced and upright. This improves your posture and aligns your spine. Not only does it help you build core muscles, but it can also reduce the common back and shoulder aches people get from sitting too long.
One of the key benefits of sitting on a ball desk office chair is that it helps you burn calories, more than when sitting in a regular office chair. Plus, you can improve your mobility and balance while engaging your core muscles, so you’re better positioned to exercise after your workday. In addition, many people find that bouncing on a ball chair is helpful when they’re brainstorming and coming up with ideas. The physical stimulation helps some people focus more clearly.
While just about anyone can use a ball desk office chair, they can be particularly helpful for pregnant women in their second trimester or early in their third trimester. When sitting in a regular office chair, your baby bump may press against the top of your legs which can cause discomfort. Your posture on a yoga ball is more upright, which can alleviate that feeling. However, later in pregnancy, you might need more back support at your desk.
DWYM Fun Fact
- When using a ball desk office chair, experts recommend sitting on it for just one or two hours at a time and then taking a break in a regular chair. If you sit on it for extended periods of time, you may become sore.
- Ensure your posture is correct so you don’t get any aches and pains. When you’re sitting on the ball looking at the computer, your chin should be parallel to the floor. If you have to raise your head up or down to look at your computer, it means you need to adjust the chair.
- When inflating the ball, be sure to pump it enough so that it can support you perching on top of it. If you sink into the ball, this means it is not pumped up enough.
The Ball Desk Office Chair Buying Guide
- When looking for a ball desk office chair, size is key. When sitting in the chair, your feet should be flat on the floor, not in a tip-toe position. Your hips need to be at a 90-degree angle and your thighs should be parallel to the floor. Consider your height when looking at the ball measurements for your ideal desk chair. Most ball desk chairs provide the recommended user height.
- Some ball desk office chair have a base with a detachable yoga ball. This way, you can use the ball without the base if you want to engage your core muscles more fully. The base provides stability. Other styles of ball desk office chairs include only the yoga ball, which is weighted to prevent the ball from rolling around. Some ball desk office chairs have a unique design where the seat is a semi-circle so it resembles the top of the ball. However, it is not detachable. These chairs can be used for sitting or leaning.
- Having an adjustable or detachable backrest is key for many people. This way, you can lean back and relax in the ball desk chair as well. However, if you want to commit to a better posture, you can simply remove the backrest.
- If you’re considering a ball desk office chair with wheels or casters, opt for one which has a locking feature. That way, you can stop the chair from rolling around to increase safety in the workplace. You can simply unlock when you need more mobility.
- Ensure the ball desk office chair comes with an easy pump mechanism you can use to blow up the ball. Be sure to follow the chair’s instructions to inflate the ball to the right amount so that you get the comfort and support you need.